Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer)

@ZorokiHanuke said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

Apparently in some deranged groups, UwU means "rape me" or something of the like. The similar term OwO is also usually used by furries to say the user is noticing a male's genitals. Both may open up certain cans of worms, so don't use freely.

Of note, the words did have a tamer and safer origin. But you know, the Internet.

Blame youtube meme videos for my not proud knowledge of this...

Tell me more about furry culture, I am interested to hear your thesis.

People use it as an adult term for forced intercorse. That's my guess why it was censored.

@GamerKillance said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

People use it as an adult term for forced intercorse. That's my guess why it was censored.

You have proof of this?

@Nuebot It's already been discovered that the term was also used by RMT sites, and that was the reason of the filter. So talking about the other internet meanings is pointless by now and to me it has no place anymore in this thread.

@Nuebot It's already been discovered that the term was also used by RMT sites, and that was the reason of the filter. So talking about the other internet meanings is pointless by now and to me it has no place anymore in this thread.

This is not the furry discourse I'd been hoping for.

@Nuebot said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

This is not the furry discourse I'd been hoping for.

Sorry for not entertaining on this one. Maybe on PMs. But definitely not on a thread where it's not the topic anymore, or at all...

@Blue-Froman said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

You have proof of this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/furrymemes/comments/blzri3/rape_me_baby_uwu_if_dis_repost_im_sowwy_i_just/

Huge red marks. The subreddit is SFW, but so weird. One example of a few. As we saw with Microsoft and censoring this one instance is more than enough for them to rid of it.

You have proof of this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/furrymemes/comments/blzri3/rape_me_baby_uwu_if_dis_repost_im_sowwy_i_just/

Huge red marks. The subreddit is SFW, but so weird. One example of a few. As we saw with Microsoft and censoring this one instance is more than enough for them to rid of it.

So one small reddit thread is proof of this being a full blown thing?

You have proof of this?

So one small reddit thread is proof of this being a full blown thing?

Been used in other area's as well. You asked for proof and I provided.

When dealing with Microsoft they often get rid of things the moment it happens. They saw JP pso2 and removed small heights to prevent giving the wrong idea. They saw scenes of underage girls bathing and removed that. Now they see terms communities like these use(even if they're minority) and removed chances of using said terms.

The term was removed because it's associated with RMT like stated on the first page. We don't know specifically why any content has been cut, so please let's not open that can of worms again.

We also don't need to debate the origins of the term itself or how it's used, let alone get on some weird path of trying to present evidence for something that can hardly be proven one way or the other in the first place.

@ApollosAmour said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

The term was removed because it's associated with RMT like stated on the first page. We don't know specifically why any content has been cut, so please let's not open that can of worms again.

We also don't need to debate the origins of the term itself or how it's used, let alone get on some weird path of trying to present evidence for something that can hardly be proven one way or the other in the first place.

When you tell them that Microsoft removed it they always want proof why. It's a never ending battle on the forums with that.

@GamerKillance I meant proof on the word itself being used in different contexts. It's irrelevant anyway since it's not why it was added to the filter, according to the data.

If it weren't for that, it could at least be understandable why it might be. It's not like the word "Mister" and variations thereof being blocked in WoW. lol But that has a similar reason too.

'cause they banned cuteness, UwU

@ApollosAmour said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

@GamerKillance I meant proof on the word itself being used in different contexts. It's irrelevant anyway since it's not why it was added to the filter, according to the data.

If it weren't for that, it could at least be understandable why it might be. It's not like the word "Mister" and variations thereof being blocked in WoW. lol But that has a similar reason too.

Wasn't aware of that. I know in Warframe "TRAP" was banned because people kept referring to characters as such.

@ERICK001BC Yeah, I had no clue until I went to name my Battle Pet "Mr. Cuddles" lmao "Mr" and "Mister" kept getting blocked, so I had to go with "Mistur". I forgot the reason for it, but it was something really obtuse that had nothing to do with it being inappropriate or anything like that.