Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer)

Title. Seriously, it seems to be a completely harmless "word". Doesn't make sense to me. @GM-Deynger tumblr_pbqdpxzG5W1wpmc0bo4_250.png

apparently not so harmless to them since a dude on ship 2 got chatbanned for saying uwu

Apparently in some deranged groups, UwU means "rape me" or something of the like. The similar term OwO is also usually used by furries to say the user is noticing a male's genitals. Both may open up certain cans of worms, so don't use freely.

Of note, the words did have a tamer and safer origin. But you know, the Internet.

Blame youtube meme videos for my not proud knowledge of this...

@ZorokiHanuke said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

Of note, the words did have a tamer and safer origin. But you know, the Internet.

Yea, the fault definitely lies with those morons who keep trying to push the idea that literally all furries are gay pedophiles.

@Mattwo7 Yeah. Like everything, it's usually the vocals, minority or not, who tend to shape how things are viewed by the rest. Memes and tropes and not the exception.

@ZorokiHanuke d4f3551a-e93e-4ea7-bae9-aceecc78adad-image.png

then why is OwO not being censored but UwU (and i never heard of anything bad about UwU....people use this smilie since i use the internet and thats....agessssssssss ago)

oh ya i have heard alot of good things about furries - everyone loves them

Any complaints regarding the word filter can be taken up with Sega of Japan as the JP version has the same word filter... only reason English players never noticed is cause the English Patch disables it.

Censored? You mean like the word filter? Because I've seen it used before and there was no problem. It's not like Club Penguin or anything lmao

Just asked a friend who specializes in data mining regarding the censorship of UWU and the answers are out!

So contrary to what I said before... Global and JP have different sets of censored words, however censored words aren't just censored due to being 'offensive'. "UWU" is listed under the category for RMT sites... of which several new additions were made for the Global version (JP version only has JP RMT sites in its censored word list).

So long story short... some RMT site has the name "UWU" and as such, its not been added to the censor word list.

@Leonkh99 Thanks! Nice to know the context.

@Leonkh99 Ok, see that makes logical sense to me.

@JuggernautGTX said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

oh ya i have heard alot of good things about furries - everyone loves them

Since it was discovered that the filtered word had to do with rmt and not with anything offensive, I'm not exploring that subject anymore. BUT, the part about furries, well. There are indeed a bunch of them who have painted what many outside of their group think of them. I mean, who can cover the sky with their hands and say all furries are good people who only love animals? But like everything, there are good people and bad people. It's just that in furry world, the overboard weirdos are many, and shine like a beacon. So much that even I wonder sometimes if the good ones who are not into too weird stuff (since calling oneself a furry is already not normal) and keep to themselves are actually a minority.

Anyway, since the mystery about the filtered word is apparently solved, I see no reason to deviate the thread. If you want to have a chat about what I think of those people, feel free to message me or something.

Goddamned bots ruining the game yet again.

I wonder what is next.... o_O?