Please add a "Like" button on other's post.

There has been alot of posts I've seen/read on this forum that I wanted to Like but can't. Please add the ability to like other people's posts.

The "Bookmark" option in the three dots menu aside every post acts as a pho-like system. The amount of bookmarks the post or topic has is counted for all to see.

@coldreactive said in Please add a "Like" button on other's post.:

The "Bookmark" option in the three dots menu aside every post acts as a pho-like system. The amount of bookmarks the post or topic has is counted for all to see.

Is it as easily accessible as it could be though? Would be nice if there was some little blurb at the bottom of the post/comment like, "coldreactive, Rantious, Diamond Cats258, and 92 others liked this post." like how GBA Temp Forums handle it.

I have a feeling that's a default feature of XenForo. The admins here could install the traditional like system plugin, but they may have to alter the template to fit the theme: https://github.com/NicolasSiver/nodebb-plugin-ns-likes

I'm not sure why the admins couldn't install another forum software like phpBB, as it's way more well-known. But I suppose they had their reasons.

I can see the bookmarks being a psuedo-acceptable workaround. Personally though I wouldn't want to build up a huge list of posts I don't want to remember in perpetuity for the sake of affording a like. And I wonder if at somepoint I would decide to clean up/delete the aforementioned build up I imagine it would take away from it.

For now I think simply either replying with something to add or merely saying +1 would be the best workaround for the time being. Keeping one's important key bookmarked posts neat and ye olde tidy.

Fwiw.

o/ =^.^=

@Diamond-Cats258 If there was a like a button I would like this post...

@Wesley said in Please add a "Like" button on other's post.:

@Diamond-Cats258 If there was a like a button I would like this post...

+1

o/ =^.^=

I like how MMORPG's forums are setup. I would love to have a like system in place. The little things lol

Agreed. Being able to like someone post would be nice.

Adding this here as I stumbled upon it from another post.

Profile > Notification Settings > "When someone upvotes your post"

So maybe we're getting this after all?

I would like to see this too.

^ Upvotes/Likes this post.

o/ ;~)!

Had no idea about that. I just think there could be a few improvements here and there. Like when you check you Profile, I wish it just list the forums you played in or have an option to disable the preview. Thanks for the tip nonetheless.

@Rantious said in Please add a "Like" button on other's post.:

Cool, maybe all they need to do is turn it on now.

@Wesley said in Please add a "Like" button on other's post.:

@Rantious said in Please add a "Like" button on other's post.:

Cool, maybe all they need to do is turn it on now.

That would be my presumption as well. ;0 ;~)

o/ =^.^=