Need help with character creation

Just downloaded a template and wanted to use it, but the game won't let me exit the load menu saying its height is under 150 cm when it's 150 cm on the dot without shoes. It won't even let me edit it keeping me stuck on the load menu until I change it to another file or cancel it, not sure what to do.

@Plutia-Chan Can you raise the characters height manually? There are height restrictions, that were implemented when the game was brought to NA, now a global client, and anything below a certain height, does just that. 154/52 is about as low as most have been able to go, depending on the outfit worn.

153 is the minimum height, not 150.

That character file is junk on global/NA, only way to access it legitimately would be using JP server.

@Anarchy Marine I did try, but this was after I loaded the character data, after that it won't let me leave the menu with the data so I can edit the height ><

@Plutia-Chan I'm sorry, you may have to make a character from scratch.

@Plutia-Chan if you REALLY want to access that character data file, ask someone that plays on JP (there's a few around), send them the file or provide source to change it to like 160cm and send it back to you.

I'm personally not very keen on receiving files from strangers though.

There is a PSO2 Salon Tool by @Shadowth117 that can correct this issue by increasing the appropriate sliders to their NA/Global minimum height (and can even convert the file between races), but I don't think I can link to it here. You should be able to find their github repository for it with a search, though.

Just use the Episode 4 Character creation tool SEGA provides to raise the character's height above 150 cm. it even has an English patch at this point on the usual site.

@YagyuChan That only works if the template they found is v.6 or older; if it is v.7 or v.8, then it won't load in the Ep4 Benchmark Tool.

@AndrlCh said in Need help with character creation:

@YagyuChan That only works if the template they found is v.6 or older; if it is v.7 or v.8, then it won't load in the Ep4 Benchmark Tool.

Didn't know this I am finding out new things every day even after playing for 5 years xD

Thanks for the replies guys, i'll give making a new character a try, didn't think anyone would respond this quickly.

@Plutia-Chan There are quite a few of us on the forums, and usually, with technical issues, many are quick to want to give sensible help. You aren't the first person to have this issue, and you are most certainly welcome.