From a fun game to a Cash Grab

@Reilet said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

You make more money selling valuable affixes than whaling on fashion. That was always the case, and forever will be. If you don't think so, then all that means is that you don't know what is valuable or how to farm properly.

P.S. Nice necro.

To add to that the vale of costumes is very stagnant and meseta is becoming easier to get through other means, you can easily get 30m from 3 hours of playing.

@LordCloudStrife

1 We have a scratch every week due to time constraints of catching up to 10+ years of content and releases x.x

2 SG scratches last 6 months if you bothered to check..

even 12 stars have their uses. Start hoarding all the lambda grinders and affixes and ex cubes you can.

again NA has a quicker pace due to catching up... but if you wanted to be so jaded by golly be so lol

take your rage out on things you cant control thats really whats happening here.

@FacetedChimp71 that's cool champ, next time, keep it to yourself ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

@Caex Off-topic, but your character looks cool

Quicker pace does mean that people who spend cash now must spend twice as fast, so it's technically not wrong to describe PSO2-NA as a cash grab.

If they doubled the drop rates of proper cosmetics and reduced the likelihood of fillers, then that should be enough to convince everyone that they aren't in it for the cash. But that's not the case, isn't it?

As an AC scratcher myself who has put in more than US$700 into this game since Steam release, I'm quite dissatisfied with the number of filler items I'm getting, highly dissatisfied with how ineffective the measures against spambots and RMT are, and utterly disappointed at the high inflation caused by market traders.

If I have to give a yes or no answer to whether I feel this game is being run as a cash grab, I'm afraid my answer is "Yes." If they dealt with the RMT and spambots effectively, my answer would have changed to "not really." If they did something about the inflation and gave us say exchange tickets at 15 scratches instead of 30, then my answer would have achanged to "hell no this is not a cash grab, are you blind or stupid?"

@Caex said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@LordCloudStrife

1 We have a scratch every week due to time constraints of catching up to 10+ years of content and releases x.x

2 SG scratches last 6 months if you bothered to check..

even 12 stars have their uses. Start hoarding all the lambda grinders and affixes and ex cubes you can.

again NA has a quicker pace due to catching up... but if you wanted to be so jaded by golly be so lol

take your rage out on things you cant control thats really whats happening here.

1. and its a problem, not something to be positive about, they don't need to things with this rythm, its more like they are trying to cash grab the fast they can and kill this game fast enough for NGS to step-up. None of JP community players seems a end for PSO2 when NGS comes.

2. https://pso2.com/news/scratch-tickets/mothersdisciples Release Date: 09/09 Ends: 03/10.

3. i believe i don't need to show the math for how many meseta you can make transforming each one of those 3 12* weapons to make a single lambda grinder into excube like JP do, and listing here so many other easily way to acquire lambda grinder that doesn't use excube

4. again it's a problem of they own, not something to say positively, because it's not.

5...........๐Ÿคฃ

@LordCloudStrife said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

1. and its a problem, not something to be positive about, they don't need to things with this rythm, its more like they are trying to cash grab the fast they can and kill this game fast enough for NGS to step-up. None of JP community players seems a end for PSO2 when NGS comes.

Or more like they want NA/Global to catch up with JP by the time NGS drops so they can release content and patches for both at the same time.

@T-R-A-S-H

30m from 3 hours...

Where do they get these guys

The levels of exaggeration from persons in this thread is utterly amazing and sad considering Reddit is even worse.

The no-lifers who know how to play the game well and or have plenty of JP experience will always talk as if they know exactly "how easy" it is to play the game and make tons and tons of meseta... and as usual they often lost because they represent the utter minority in games like this.

If you say you don't get drops someone will just be like you can easily make money if you say that you can easily you can't easily make money they'll say just go get drops and sell them or just flip items on the market or blah blah blah blah blah pathetic.

I enjoy the game, but for the love of Christ I wish I actually got drops to sell. the only way I've made any money in the last 6 months is from selling AC scratch items from the small number of times I've actually scratched and the 1 nemesis cougar i sold for 30 mil. I don't get 13* drops anymore, just armies and armies of deos and sigmas, so why am I playing these uqs..... I play them to enjoy it but I don't get scrapped so I'm not going to argue with any losers on forums who's going to tell me that it's something I'm not doing.

**** And who is actually farming nemesis for more than an hour or two...every single time I'm in there people leave in about 1 hour flat when they don't get anything****

But even with all that I do is simply not enough to scrape together meseta (for me). to not search through stores again and again to see if prices are dropping because 15 million for something awesome means that I'm going broke until I get something to sell again. It's a pretty shitty cycle.

At the end of the day all I want is drops and at least I can get into a loop of building up my characters having fun and being able to sell stuff. But not getting any drops completely distorts everything. lastly I just like to mention that this SG scratch stuff is pure garbage. I'm looking at the latest scratch and the amount of filler trash in there is utterly revolting. The last SG scratch I did netted me two affixing items. I would get enraged but I would just be getting mad at myself.

Anyways... let the trolls continue to be trolling and let the elitists and know-it-alls continue to hug themselves and feel great because they know how to be effective in this game than others. Congratulations nobody in the real world cares.

@ApollosAmour said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@LordCloudStrife said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

Or more like they want NA/Global to catch up with JP by the time NGS drops so they can release content and patches for both at the same time.

Feel like you are saying that things get better, that clearly isn't the case and will get even worse with more work to do. My previous statement stay.

Oh yeah?

Show me your:

1. CM rank 1
  2. Profound Darkness at least sub 10 min S rank clear
  3. Phaleg S rank clear with one single weapon/element

Come on.

@Albus-Rabbit said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@JuggernautGTX said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

buy off these heavily undercutted items and resell for some profit

See this is always why I wonder why undercutting is a problem, if someone is undercutting you can just buy them low and sell back high, if you can't sell it at the higher price then is it really undercutting or pricing dropping to the price people actually buy it at?

This. It ait undercutting when noone's gonna buy it for your price. I offer things cheaper that actually get sold.

All I got from reading the OP is you have no clue how to make money in game. And that means until you figure it out on your own, youโ€™re helpless.

People should not be undercutting by more than 1 meseta, unless it's something really cheap then it does not really matter. It's just so unnecessary to cause the item/affix to drop in price by 100s of k. Most things WILL sell if given enough patience. Even if said thing is severely inflated due to huge buyout, don't undercut by so much... it's probably gonna sell. Just wait.

As long as there are 2 premium currencies combined with super aggressive lootboxes it is a damn cash grab. Dunno why SG can be bought as well.....

Just do some simple math on pricing.

@ToF-Wolfenstein I feel like Sega JP only really about their JP servers since global has a much more aggressive monetization while still having less content than the JP version.