From a fun game to a Cash Grab

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416 said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@PhantasyStar719 is it really beating a dead horse? Only thing I see in this thread is "PvP sucks" there more than PvP that has issues. Whole point of forums is to talk about those issues not meme it.

My meme was the idiot trying to give you the business given they are proving how much of an ass they want to be but fall short. I actually agree with you

@PhantasyStar719 ahhhhh okay because it's replied to me because I was tagged

@PhantasyStar719 ahhhhh okay because it's replied to me because I was tagged

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416 You get tagged if the post tagged you first kind of a multi reply feature.

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416 you want to know why certain itens cannot be sold, simply because the developers decided that those cannot be sold, EVERY SINGLE MMO HAS THAT so don't do stupid questions unless you want stupid answers also most of the stuff you are saying there was not announced that was going to be released yet, they will not release the entire episode right away to keep the audience playing if you release everything from the start guess what happens

@Jamesmor you just reiterating what's been said already a bunch in the thread. So I'm guessing since nobody can really give me a real answer. Then the theory goes they put the walls on star gem items and mission pass items along with battle coin items and plethora of other items, so you can spend your money on AC.

@Albus-Rabbit That's pretty much it. It's a simple rule of supply and demand. If there has been no significant changes in the supply&demand large margin undercuts only have a short term impact on the item price, generally speaking. People who bothered to study PSO2 market at least a little bit can usually make a fairly accurate predictions, you don't even have to be a JP veteran to do this.

Let's say a someone wants to sell an item X for 1m. He goes to the market and finds out the price dropped to 600k, takes a screenshot and posts it alongside with a comment crying about undercutters ruining the market. If the item X was truly worth 1m the person would post the same screenshot but with a very different comment. Something along the lines of "Look at these idiots listing stuff for so cheap. Yoink, my meseta now! Time to relist these for 1m".

To stay on the topic. As someone who has played the JP version, NA always felt like a scummy cash grab to me with all the changes and dumb new additions such as Fresh Finds shop. NGS reveal and cosmetics carrying over pretty much confirmed this.

@PhantasyStar719 said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@DDDDLife said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

A cash grab?, Uh..., * Ahem* , Well then, If that is the case, This "CASH GRAB as you so call it would not allow all of the content that is being implemented. Sure, I may not be able to sell items in the personal shop, but it's really not an issue for me. Why? - because - IT"S A GAME!. I don't know about you, But I have gotten several personal shop tickets already, Too many to count. Mission pass is a great thing , I have gotten tons of avatar pieces tokens and I usually get the same amount of SG's I invest in it, It's really a great a thing.

The market, Eh - It's always something that you take a gamble on something, I just can't believe that you are actually worried about undercutting someone, Why is that even an issue to begin with? I'll admit, I bought some items that I found were super cheap , only to later find out that those same items you will get anyway from your collection sheets. xD Am I upset about it? why should I be, should I ? At this point, if you hate this so much, Why are you here anyway? Nothing is going to be fixed based on your own whims, either love it , Or leave it. Your choice.

giphy.gif

I love this!

@DDDDLife but it did so does it make it a cash grab? You're missing my point like everyone so far. I'm asking why is it you cannot sell certain items. Certain emotes certain outfits certain accessories. I can't even trade stuff from recent mission passes to people who wanted what I have. How is that fair?

The marketplace is not the main focus of this whole post, why do you guys not see that? The issue is we get a update that is missing a crap ton of content including adding sub units to armor which they said they were going to fix not take out. We're missing a new ultimate map which they said was going to release. We're even missing the new shops which once again they said they were going to release. Instead we got bugs missing content, but hey at least we got the new lines.

I guess exclusivities! Is my best answer could be wrong tho.

huh always has been that way and it has been worse before, can't wait for the threads when divide comes out and people actually have to put effort into getting their weapons

@Macmaxi said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

huh always has been that way and it has been worse before, can't wait for the threads when divide comes out and people actually have to put effort into getting their weapons

What do you mean by saying effort into getting their weapons?

@RainGnyu said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@DDDDLife but it did so does it make it a cash grab? You're missing my point like everyone so far. I'm asking why is it you cannot sell certain items. Certain emotes certain outfits certain accessories. I can't even trade stuff from recent mission passes to people who wanted what I have. How is that fair?

The marketplace is not the main focus of this whole post, why do you guys not see that? The issue is we get a update that is missing a crap ton of content including adding sub units to armor which they said they were going to fix not take out. We're missing a new ultimate map which they said was going to release. We're even missing the new shops which once again they said they were going to release. Instead we got bugs missing content, but hey at least we got the new lines.

I guess exclusivities! Is my best answer could be wrong tho.

Exclusivity to the item, and protecting the market from gross inflation.

The problem with making literally everything sellable, is that it would lead to a mass inflation of the game's market. Meseta rains from trees as is, but couple that with the ability to sell your latest skimpy out fit to someone else, and you'd end up with a market that would essentially implode into it's self.

It's Sega's attempt to keep the game from turning into an actual cash grab - where the only way to purchase anything of use from the Marketplace would be to use AC and SG to get something worth millions, and use that as bartering system. It's no different than something like Diablo 2, where gold was completely worthless, and instead the economy was based entirely around Stones of Jordan.

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have the only viable method of purchasing something of actual use to my character be through trading a g-string bikini with a pair of pasties to go with it.

@RainGnyu said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@Macmaxi said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

What do you mean by saying effort into getting their weapons?

At some point you wont be able to buy the BiS-Weapons on the visiphone anymore

@RainGnyu basically 14 and higher weapons can't be traded or sell then so you gonna need to farm for your weapon after a certain point

@Jamesmor said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@RainGnyu basically 14 and higher weapons can't be traded or sell then so you gonna need to farm for your weapon after a certain point

wich hurttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttts i want my spread needle....i hate that 0,000000000001% chance

I understand the frustration, but trust me, things aren't that bad. I'm not in love with how previous AC scratch items are getting doled out either and it is pretty sucky to nab something decent and struggle to sell it. However, I am a premium user and I only made my first 10mil (at once) after playing for 2 months, so it doesn't feel truly p2w from my perspective. Of course whales will be rolling in it, but that's a given.

The market is a basic economy where it's dominated by scarcity and opportunity. The only thing Sega could do to combat that would be to set exact prices for things or disable the market entirely, which would be really unfair imo.

As long as you fulfill daily client orders and do your ARKS missions, you should do well enough to stay afloat and have a good time.