From a fun game to a Cash Grab

As of lately it seems like PSO has turned into a major cash grab. From the Star Gem limited time shop where you cannot sell jack on Marketplace, to the battle coin shop also being blocked from being sold in marketplace. To the weapons losing its potential value, to the ARKS members constantly dropping the value of any item senselessly. Making AC items the legitimate sellable item to get more bang for your buck. Even then you have people heedlessly undercutting.

Why is there so many walls preventing you from making your meseta? Why is it I cannot sell what I rightfully find or buy? Even mission pass items cannot be sold? Why? Is there a legitimate reason why there's so many walls? Or is it because PSO wants to make their money? I understand you need funding to develop NGS but there is a thing as too much. This is too much. It takes the need to grind PvP away. Makes Star Gems feel like a robbery.

Even the Premium Pass which I would assume let you trade what you want especially if you're charing 15 full dollars a month to use. If I cannot trade 13 stars why are you charging me 15 dollars then? If there's limitation to what's being traded then drop the cost of the Pass to 8 dollars that's fair enough for such a limited pass such as "Premium" pass.

These things I just need to get off my chest because this is a good game it really is but it feels like the developers are going a whole cash grab route. I felt like they spent more time adding more things to charge you for than actually adding more content. There's bugs, glitches, that needs to be fixed but those never got addressed. PvP is an atrocious mess, Ultimate has bosses that seem to have unlimited health pool, but hey..... At least they dropped the new line.

I think you haven't explored all the avenues to making meseta. I'm sitting on close to 1 billion and I don't even buy AC scratch often. I only do if the items I want are incredibly expensive. I have premium so that's probably part of the reason but also have an understanding of the game and the market.

People who play purely for free can get by but the fact they cannot sell stuff on the marketplace any time they want forces them into undercutting like idiots. This is exactly why you see people stupidly undercutting by massive amounts rather than just undercutting by 1 meseta or 1k meseta. They gotta sell stuff before the 3 days runs out. I've scratched around 100k fun and I only got 3 personal shops. The rate is far too low. I hope they change it.

Later on I'm pretty sure gear that is 14 star or above cannot be sold on the marketplace like nemesis is right now. Affixing will be a bigger thing later on too. Right now barely anyone does it so affixes that should be worth way more end up being worth chump change.

Even though the AC shop/SG shop looks like something you'd see in a mobile game pretty much all of it is unnecessary and just stupidly expensive. Considering this is a free to play game it's actually not p2w at all so to me it doesn't feel like a cash grab.

You can forget about pvp being good. It's always going to be a gimmick in this game. Maybe one day they'll improve on it but I doubt it.

Ultimate bosses die pretty fast if you run with a team that knows what they are doing. Pugs will take years to kill them since they do not know what they are doing. At least most of them don't.

Unfortunately PSO2 has never been much of a challenging game. Aside from the fact NA has this weird power creep, even on JP the UQs and such are not difficult. PvP is a RNG unbalanced hacker mess. I am just hopeful that NGS fixes all of these things.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

Unfortunately PSO2 has never been much of a challenging game. Aside from the fact NA has this weird power creep, even on JP the UQs and such are not difficult.

problem is...if you got difficult content you have most of the casual players screaming that content is too hard...had that thing in aion back in the older days....ppl complaining about not being able to kill stormwing in hard (lol) after that they nerfed the whole game and we had ppl complaining that everything is too easy (including me) i think pso2 isn designed for hardcore pve player more for the casual audience....with pso2 ng having much smoother battles (looks like a pimped monster hunter kindaish battle system) there might be challenges for hardcore pve players that want content where they fail most of the time and need some training and understanding of fights and classes in order to win

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416

Why is there so many walls preventing you from making your meseta? Why is it I cannot sell what I rightfully find or buy? Even mission pass items cannot be sold? Why? Is there a legitimate reason why there's so many walls? Or is it because PSO wants to make their money? I understand you need funding to develop NGS but there is a thing as too much. This is too much. It takes the need to grind PvP away. Makes Star Gems feel like a robbery.

mission pass doesn cost you any money there is literally no reason to sell its items because everyone can grab those for free with super low effort

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416

Even the Premium Pass which I would assume let you trade what you want especially if you're charing 15 full dollars a month to use. If I cannot trade 13 stars why are you charging me 15 dollars then? If there's limitation to what's being traded then drop the cost of the Pass to 8 dollars that's fair enough for such a limited pass such as "Premium" pass.

you can trade 13 stars you have to change ownership before you do tho..you cannot trade 13 star eggs tho

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416

Even then you have people heedlessly undercutting.

buy off these heavily undercutted items and resell for some profit

@Zenny I understand that but eh I can see why people are waiting for NGS rather than the upcoming update. Unfortunately

@JuggernautGTX said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

buy off these heavily undercutted items and resell for some profit

See this is always why I wonder why undercutting is a problem, if someone is undercutting you can just buy them low and sell back high, if you can't sell it at the higher price then is it really undercutting or pricing dropping to the price people actually buy it at?

@JuggernautGTX I think you underestimate how lazy people have gotten once they grinded out to 80. I still have items from recent mission passes that I could sell if I want to. It's my item why can't I sell something I grinded for?

Also you cannot trade 13 stars I have tried multiple times with cancel owner registration it doesn't work.

@Albus-Rabbit that's not what I'm referring to there's people who will drop a 5 mill weapon down to 3 mill just to make a quick buck then you have others who follow suit until the weapons become only thousands.

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416 said in From a fun game to a Cash Grab:

@Albus-Rabbit that's not what I'm referring to there's people who will drop a 5 mill weapon down to 3 mill just to make a quick buck then you have others who follow suit until the weapons become only thousands.

Where that happens, the weapons are only worth thousands. You're talking about a situation where supply hugely exceeds demand. Albus-Rabbit's question was on point.

Have we been here before? I feel like we've been here before.

Is this another thread complaining about undercutting in a free market with competition, supply and demand, and other various factors that constantly cause it to evolve over time and thus it never being good to rely on a single "get rich" source for too long outside of cosmetics?

Because dang it gives a feeling of deja vu.

@I-l-B-L-I-S3416 you can bypass that by setting the item in shop letting the guy buy it whoever wants to have...thats how we do it in alliance...you can do the risky one by putting it up for 1k or setup for its original price and rebuy any crap item from him...youll just loose a few meseta from tax

This is called a market economy. It is working as intended.

As of lately it seems like PSO has turned into a major cash grab.

First sentence and already every reader should know you're just a troll.

@Ephemiel if you think I'm trolling that's fine but I haven't said anything wrong. Why can't you sell stuff you bought with star gems in marketplace?

@Alex_Gore yeah which is why everybody is too poor to afford a 13 star. Sounds like America's Marketplace alright