The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2

@Michelle Definitely, and that goes both ways don't forget. I know it's easy for everyone to forget their roles in this mess, but we all play them.

@ApollosAmour said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

@Emmerson-T-Kenny It's not a spoiler. Kohri is essentially a fangirl for Hitsugi and seems to cross the line a lot in the way she pushes herself on her. Sometimes that's intruding on her space, other times it's flirting with her to an uncomfortable degree. These feelings extend to another character as well that's elementary/middle-school aged.

Thank you for the clarifications.

But as I said before, I don't see the problem. This doesn't fit into an adult game, it's rated M, and so this content can be there without any problem.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny Personally I think falling on the M rating is a bit flawed. A lot of creators fight with ratings boards to not have their product fall into harsher ratings like R or M, or they settle if there's a risk of it having an even higher rating. Because these games started out with a T rating before moving to M, I think Sega is trying to compromise so that it's a "weak" M rating instead of a "hard" one.

It could also just be that they're aware of the various ratings boards across the world, content laws, and cultural norms and they'd rather find a good middle ground where they can please as many countries as possible in one go.

There's the possibility that neither could be true either, since we don't know for sure, but they're more likely to me than them being afraid of cancel culture or any of those reasons.

@ApollosAmour Again, there is nothing we need to worry about from rating boards. The files for the cutscenes are already in the game files. Anything within the game files is subject to review from rating boards. An example of this happening would be GTA San Andeas and the Hot Coffee Mod. The Hot Coffee mod didn't add a sex minigame, it unlocked them as they were already within the game's files. This reason why GTA San Andreas was re-rated across multiple rating boards. Thus, the cutscenes have no impact on the game's rating, as they should already have been part of the game's review by rating boards.

If I were to argue, can we start listing examples of both games and anime that do go to the same lengths or further than what PSO2 is censoring?

As games go, Senran Kagura, already mentioned, is already nearly AO material as ratings can go. Most characters are high school students, meaning, minors in the West, and even one of them have the proportions of a 9 year old child. Yet they all can be made to be fully naked. No towels, no underwear, just some tiny glowing spots to cover the full frontal nudity they'd otherwise display. Of course, I assume the 3D models are "barbie" naked. But nothing that a modder can't "fix".

Neptunia series. Really cute and funny games with lots of video game references. BUT, the devs and writers insisted on also adding a fair amount of innuendo there.

As anime goes, there's plenty out there involving, again, high school students (it's a persistent trope in Japan's anime circles), with tons of innuendo, groping, and stuff like sexualizing lolis and shotas. Thing is, all of that is viewable in the West without restrictions. Characters like Hitsugi and Khori abound in anime, and you can watch all of that as skits in youtube for free, or full episodes for your credit card money on Funi and Crunchy.

Now for something more disgusting so stop reading here if you don't want your mind blasted away.

-You have been warned-

You then get the more extreme stuff like Interspecies Reviewers, which I stopped watching after the loli on loli full uncensored sex scene (with the x rated parts only covered by 'camera' angles). This was allowed in many places around the world just because said lolis were "legal lolis", as in, adults with kid looks. In fact, the anime version of FFXIV lalafels.. Still, not a scene most "men of culture" will stand for (or I hope they don't). YET, nobody has been arrested for that.

And it is why I said long ago that since we are already well past Event Horizon, what PSO2 is showing is very tame in comparison. Doesn't mean I like or agree to the meaningless and unnecessary sexualization, but it's already here, it's making tons of money, and we have to deal with it.

if we really want to talk about the cut-scene, there is an open topic about it here > https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6869/can-we-not-cut-out-anymore-story-scenes-and-stop-it-with-censorship-in-general/15

~

~

trying to get back on-topic...

as far as the height slider goes? it is very possible SEGA simply feels uncomfortable with it due to cultural differences.

there's absolutely NO repercussions to removing the restriction to minimum height. that is, at least, with any ratings board or law(s).

worse-case scenario? a group of pedophiles in the game make loli characters to role-play them as children. guess what? so long as SEGA says every player character is to be depicted as being the legal age for this, say, 18+... ( maybe even 21+ depending on what the future may hold for certain laws in certain countries ) then nobody can do anything to SEGA, or claim they condone this type of action/behavior. FURTHERMORE, players can ALREADY do this with current character creation options. so a MOOT point entirely, to say the least.

~

~

the minimum height restriction doesn't appear to have anything to with any rating system(s), and certainly doesn't appear to have anything to do with any law(s).

personally? i play a tall character, and am unlikely to ever create any alts, or alter my character height. but i would argue that it is the principle of the matter that is most important. i don't care about the reasoning behind it, or why the developers chose to do this, and don't intend to make this personal.

~

~

if players can keep threads ON-TOPIC, then maybe there stands a chance to get the minimum height restriction lifted. there's no practical reason as of to why it needs to be there, and we can assume the developers know this.

if the forums and normal support channels aren't enough to get the point across, or there aren't enough people to support having the restriction removed... another possibility is to contact SEGA Corporate HQ on the matter.

the developers may be Japanese, but Corporate HQ is located in the U.S.. if enough people petition to Corporate, it is very much possible that they can pull rank over the developers and have them lift the restriction.

~

~

~

either way, +1 from me to remove the minimum height restriction.

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

@Guardian

arguing counter-intuitive points and not adding anything to the discussion.

sorry for getting the topic de-railed. i intended to leave the thread with saying my final piece that i am for the removal of the minimum height restriction. this guy comes back with off-topic banter, and hope we can just get the topic back on track.

@all-of-us

if at all possible, please don't get this one locked. thank you!

~

~

~

either way, the thread is specifically for the restriction on minimum height to be removed. and, in the end, that restriction being removed doesn't violate any law. any at all what-so-ever. regardless of what players do, that is not SEGA themselves portraying anything. quite literally all SEGA would have to do is say all player characters are of 18+ in age, if even that.

in the end, not a matter of law.

+1 for that removal. thank you~!

Oh dont worry. Im feeling lazy right now so wont get this one done in juuuust yet.

Maybe later when I feel like it.

The censorship on being short, does not need to be removed. You can be short enough as is, it is there to prevent Loli creation, and after reading all these threads I believe it is time I step in and continue the Hero's work.

Anyone who wants it removed, I can say with at least 80 percent certainty, has a deplorable other agenda in mind, and I for one, do not want to see any of that, in our PSO2, which btw is doing incredibly well successfully, spite the censorship. So I doubt SEGA will do anything.

I will post reminders as to why the censorship needs to stay as needed. This is a Sci-fi mmorpg, not a waifu-simulator, and not certainly a sick desire simulator. If you want that stuff, play the JP version, many are.

@Paladin Can you prove that 80% of the people have deplorable agendas. I personally made my main character above the limit at around 165 cm. I find it difficult to believe that 80% of the people who would support the height restriction being removed have depraved thoughts.

I know I won't be giving up on removing censorship like the height restriction any time soon.

@Paladin said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

The censorship on being short, does not need to be removed. You can be short enough as is, it is there to prevent Loli creation, and after reading all these threads I believe it is time I step in and continue the Hero's work.

Anyone who wants it removed, I can say with at least 80 percent certainty, has a deplorable other agenda in mind, and I for one, do not want to see any of that, in our PSO2, which btw is doing incredibly well successfully, spite the censorship. So I doubt SEGA will do anything.

I will post reminders as to why the censorship needs to stay as needed. This is a Sci-fi mmorpg, not a waifu-simulator, and not certain a sick desire simulator. If you want that stuff, play the JP version, many are.

PSO2 is a character creator with a game tied to it. If what you're looking for is gameplay or storyline- there's much better f2p mmos out there. The game makes almost all of it's money from fashion. But you're just mimicking the same factually incorrect points. Lolis can still be made in the game- having the height restriction removed doesn't help or hurt the ability to make them. It makes the game more inclusive- makes it easier to stick accessories together- gives the ability to cosplay the collabs we actually get(some characters whose outfits and hair we have cannot be accurately depicted due to height restrictions)- gives the ability for people to create their silly raceCASTs. Etc-... Not to mention the millions of adults in NA who are under that height and would like to more accurately depict themselves. to say nothing of the other global countries where the average height is even shorter. There is no reason for it and it's hypocritical to anything that they might try to defend it with. Just scared of a backlash that would have never occurred.

Obviously if min height in JP was 5 ft- no one would be complaining here. But the game is rated M and I personally want to be treated like i'm of the age to play an M rated game. Not disallowed the possibility to even choose whether seeing a character at 4'7 would scar me for life- but 5ft is just enough to not be bothered. Really- listen to yourself here.

Besides- that isn't the only censorship in the game either. We need some transparency from the devs what they plan to remove next.
And your made up statistic isn't fooling anyone. You're just insulting a broad group of people for your own perceived insecurities. Stop being so sensitive over fiction and let players who just want to have more freedoms in their weeb MMO have it. It's very simple to be against censorship and still have the censorship not even effect you personally. My characters are not min height and of course- I want it removed. Those who want to make characters like that should be able to. As it's allowed in JP- a country with even more restrictive laws regarding such than the rest of the world. The only way to show other countries that the west isn't a bunch of sensible people who need every game picked apart so it doesn't make them nauseous at the sight... is to fight against every bit of censorship in games and try to have your voice reach the developer team. To accept it is to lose your right to fight against it when it DOES effect you. Censorship is stupid and has always been a blight on artistic expression- the creators intent and the freedoms of the consumer.

@Archetype-Luna said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

@Paladin Can you prove that 80% of the people have deplorable agendas. I personally made my main character above the limit at around 165 cm. I find it difficult to believe that 80% of the people who would support the height restriction being removed have depraved thoughts.

I know I won't be giving up on removing censorship like the height restriction any time soon.

I personally do not need to prove anything.

I personally do not care what you care for personally.

I personally know you can go to play the JP Client if you dont like it.

I personally do not want to see the restriction, thus other things being removed as a result.

I personally do not want to see player female avatars with flat chests, non existing hips, wearing a thong that also, humorously, does not grab their non existing hips at all but instead is clearly seen loose.

I personally do not want to see any of this, along with the highest pitch voice, knowing exactly what the kinda person the one behind them is like.

I personally do not care you wont give up, I and others will continue this fight. If you do not like it, Mod it in, or go play JP where you belong.

This post is deleted!

@MoldyAsp33874 said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

I will post reminders as to why the censorship needs to stay as needed. This is a Sci-fi mmorpg, not a waifu-simulator, and not certain a sick desire simulator. If you want that stuff, play the JP version, many are.

PSO2 is a character creator with a game tied to it.

No, it is not. I can name several games with better character creators, that has worse story-lines out there, most of which are Korean made mmorpgs.

The height is fine.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

PSO2 is a character creator with a game tied to it.

No, it is not. I can name several games with better character creators, that has worse story-lines out there, most of which are Korean made mmorpgs.

The height is fine.

Name one