The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2

@Guardian

arguing counter-intuitive points and not adding anything to the discussion.

sorry for getting the topic de-railed. i intended to leave the thread with saying my final piece that i am for the removal of the minimum height restriction. this guy comes back with off-topic banter, and hope we can just get the topic back on track.

@all-of-us

if at all possible, please don't get this one locked. thank you!

~

~

~

either way, the thread is specifically for the restriction on minimum height to be removed. and, in the end, that restriction being removed doesn't violate any law. any at all what-so-ever. regardless of what players do, that is not SEGA themselves portraying anything. quite literally all SEGA would have to do is say all player characters are of 18+ in age, if even that.

in the end, not a matter of law.

+1 for that removal. thank you~!

There is no negative effect to reverting the height change.

If the argument is that players cannot be trusted then why do we still have access to SA at all?

Or chat?

The same could be said about numerous things but somehow, making a short character is a complete taboo and not murdering or committing genocide on a planetwide scale more or less.

In my opinion they can restore the height slider and make it exactly like the JP version, and this in no way can be a problem. The height restriction doesn't seem like a censorship to me, but worse, it's something very badly applied, and should be restored to give everyone the chance to be free to create even shorter characters. (This game is all about the customization imo)

As for the removed and altered scenes on EP4, they might be questionable on some countries, and I don't comment on that because I don't have enough informations. The only thing I can say is that it would be nice to have the game in its entirety.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny The info melts down to basically:

Kohri being the covert pervert she is and a bath scene where everyone is wearing towels.

@Frost-Soar said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

@Emmerson-T-Kenny The info melts down to basically:

Kohri being the covert pervert she is and a bath scene where everyone is wearing towels.

The game is for a "Mature" audience, so I don't see the problem in what you described.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37118/Phantasy+Star+Online+2/

Blood: a bit

Partial Nudity: Yes

Strong Language: Yes

Violence: Yes

So, what is the reason about the removal of the EP4 scenes?

@Frost-Soar @Emmerson-T-Kenny Kohri being slightly obsessed with Hitsugi. Actually, in hindsight is quite relevant to the story. But no "Bath scene bad, meaningless in story" is what we hear

@Meow2835 said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

@Frost-Soar @Emmerson-T-Kenny Kohri being slightly obsessed with Hitsugi. Actually, in hindsight is quite relevant to the story. But no "Bath scene bad, meaningless in story" is what we hear

"Kohri being slightly obsessed with Hitsugi." Is she a lesbian?

I still don't see the problem, today many videogames contain homosexual content and are not censored. Does the presence of lesbians in the game require an ESRB "Adult" rating?

@Emmerson-T-Kenny Not exactly, but the reason is a bit spoilery by itself tho.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny Not exactly, but the reason is a bit spoilery by itself tho.

Could you write the spoiler here? I'm curious, I also don't think there are any sex scenes in this game.

Well... basically she was bullied and Hitsugi came to her rescue.

Also, on Luna's signature, there's the links to the cutscenes. They are voiced accordingly already (it is in the files)

Well... basically she was bullied and Hitsugi came to her rescue.

Sorry for the further question, but "bullying" is an adult content?

I researched a bit, and The Last of Us Part II, a PlayStation 4 game, which contains scenes of sex, extreme violence, gore, drugs, etc, is rated ESBR "M" just like PSO2.

People pointed out that it's just Sega "Playing it safe" with no need for that.

So that's why many complain, and they should really remove the censorship.

@Emmerson-T-Kenny Excellent observations, but some people here get upset as soon as "censorship" is mentioned. Get ready because in a while they will invalidate your opinions with wall of useless texts

@Emmerson-T-Kenny It's not a spoiler. Kohri is essentially a fangirl for Hitsugi and seems to cross the line a lot in the way she pushes herself on her. Sometimes that's intruding on her space, other times it's flirting with her to an uncomfortable degree. These feelings extend to another character as well that's elementary/middle-school aged.