The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2

personally? i hadn't known my character could get any more freakishly tall, and already feel like a giant in most cut-scenes! LOL!

but know what? i would totally make her taller if could be. that is just the type of character Zluexy is.

i would also make a shortest possible character as an alt... maybe add some bunny ears, or something.

unless modeling after some anime character, or something... i have never been one to go with middle-height characters.

@KYBELA What the hell are you talking about? lol

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY The height max isn't capped as far as I know, but apparently there's a glitch that causes it to not be as tall as possible. Something unrelated to the min height cap.

@ApollosAmour Both the maximum and minimum height are capped. You can make both a taller and shorter character in JP.

@Yin I remember someone posting pictures from both versions and the sliders capped the same for max but not min and the explanation was that a limb slider is glitched out which causes issues for max, making it appear like it's capped.

@ApollosAmour said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

@Yin I remember someone posting pictures from both versions and the sliders capped the same for max but not min and the explanation was that a limb slider is glitched out which causes issues for max, making it appear like it's capped.

oh yeah! i do believe you might be correct. this was one issue i had in character creation where the height would get reset. which is why i simply accepted the scaled proportions as it were when maxing out the height slider, and didn't do anything in-depth.

normally, i can spend several hours in character create... maybe even delete my character multiple times to get the smallest detail i want correctly.

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY Same lol I've revised my character a few times especially after seeing all the angles in story mode.

auxiliaries can be customized the way you want and they appear super tiny in your private quarter....so the height restriction is very unlikely due some ppl "creating lolis and sexualize them" they can do that thing already with their auxiliarie and treat it like a "loli" and make whatever pose they want to it...so all the law talk etc about lolicon makes zero sense and should never be applied to this conversation from the start...it is obviously either a huge bug wich they didn even notice until now or something else....but 100% not a "law" thing....so lifting the height restrictions wont go against anything cause small size characters already exist in the game and SEGA already took that "moral risk" wich is also laughable when we are looking at all those successful games with their tiny chars

It seems I stand corrected, kinda. I just went and tested it with my char and there was, to my surprise, only a 1cm difference between max height (this is even with me messing with sliders/using the same outfit) between the global and JP servers. Strange because I know for a fact that the max height was restricted by a much larger amount earlier in time.

Looking into it a bit further (comparing the filesystem from my pre-steam windows store install, that hasn't been updated since I moved to steam, to my steam install) it seems that sometime between the steam release and now they removed the win32_na version of the salon from the file system and re-added the win32 version. This also explains why you can now move the slider smaller than the current height limit (which you couldn't before) although the number doesn't change after a certain point.

So props to them for removing the upper height limit. Would have been nice if they had told us in a patch note or something instead of stealth updating, but it's great to see that censorship disappear.

@Yin Yeah, that's why I think it might've been more of a glitch or an error rather than a deliberate change like the min height.

@Yin Yeah, that's why I think it might've been more of a glitch or an error rather than a deliberate change like the min height.

Could have been, but it's hard to know when they didn't say anything about it for months even when it was brought up countless times.

Why are Xiao, Lo, and other npcs below the height that we can be? Why is minimum height 5"5 when that's not even short and so many adults are below it american or not? If the problem is the characters looking too young then why didn't they remove the fourth female face variant?

@awoo9425 My guess is that the way the NPCs are portrayed are set in stone, meaning that they don't need to be aged up because they're not at risk for crossing any lines. However, players obviously can't be trusted to mind the same. You can still make a character that looks young, but if we're right that the min. height was capped to prevent shota/loli avatars, then it makes it less convincing the taller they are and therefore makes it more of a gray area.

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

@Guardian said in The censorship on being short should be removed. Round 2:

SEGA is Pro-Censorship. They will continue to BE Pro-Censorship for our version because in our LAWS.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1466A

And because of these LAWS. What YOU all want, Prime Example HERE. From the JP Client uploaded by a JP Player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=TFGf9bGO2kg&feature=emb_logo

AND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3zItijuLdA&feature=emb_rel_pause

Goes COMPLETELY against it. For anyone who Mods it in, and gets found out about it, taking vids or screenshots of it, will not only lead to a PERMANENT BAN on your account, but also will lead to

https://youtu.be/Pht-hwDtBxk

Now as to the business side of things on why SEGA will keep their Pro-Censorship stance, and thus why they will keep the height restrictions because if that ever goes, breast size restrictions will be next to be asked for by the minority. Yes, you are all who wants the censorship removed, the minority, is very simple.

Money.

"But but but, the game has a Mature Rating!" Yes Bob, the game does indeed have a Mature rating. Violence, death, bikinis! Oh my! But do you all know what kind of players Free to play games draw in the most?

Children.

Yes, children, the kind that some of you wants to create thus why the censorship is needed. Now before I continue that line of thought, I need to clear something else in the room since some of you are very, very mistaken.

Our PSO2, is not Global. I repeat, OUR PSO2 IS NOT GLOBAL. It was made for North America, thus why their is a Region Lock in place, thus forcing anyone who wants to play on it to make or change their Accounts to North America. That is also why in some countries who are super enforcing anti-lootbox laws that the game is BANNED from those countries. So in the end, the complaints, justifications, and ill logic from those OUTSIDE OF NORTH AMERICA, or are not at least, an American citizen, are null, void, and holds absolutely, zero merit. Because its not your laws, morales and culture being taken into account for the SMALL amount of censorship heh see what I did there? that we have, its ours, North America. Deal with it. It is not YOUR PSO2, you are pretty much GUESTS in OUR house. So please refrain from any references to your own countries about censorship. You will remain guests until the NA Version officially becomes a Global version and you no longer have to change your regional settings. Likely will happen when NGS/Episode7/lolPSO3 is released.

Now back to the previous topic. Ah yes the censorship and our culture. You see, spite the game being Rated M, most North America living parents, do not care if little Jimmy and Jil plays a violent game that depicts gore, violence and what not. Thats the sad truth of it. Heck most parents dont care if they see a full grown woman in a swimsuit bikini doing a dance. What they DO care about, is if they see what appears, TO THEM, is a girl Jimmys age, lets say 13, doing a Chair or Pole dance like in the EXACT example I showed above, sexualizing it, and now giving Jimmy some strange ideas about girls his age....thats when the game gets banned from Jimmy and Jills Xbox, and they put them back on Fortnite. Thus, their goes that sweet sweet Mommy and Daddy money used in Arks Cash Jimmy and Jill would use for Outfits.

You can cry out all you want "But theirs women in their 40s that look like that!" and some other b.s. To any responsible North American parents....heh and I use the word "Responsible" loosely....sad as that is, those characters will always appear to be young underaged children in their eyes. No ifs ands or buts about it.

SEGAs round table of Business Suit monkies knows this. Same for Microsoft. Its Business 101. The number of Jimmy and Jills FAR outweight the minority of you who are bothered they cant make their character just 5 inches shorter. Thus, the Censorship was put in.

That boys and girls is why the Censorship, is here to stay.

Deal with it.

i can't say you are 100% wrong, due to not reading your entire post. but... that is just how certain i am that you started out being wrong. at the very least, relatively speaking.

prime example would be games like Scarlet Blade or Blade & Soul. for crying out loud... in Scarlet Blade you can make the loli characters topless and see their tits.

Granted, Aeria Games censored loli characters, but it was unnecessary to do so. there was NO legal requirement to do so. (maybe there was in one of the countries they hosted to, but not in the U.S.A.) the private server currently hosting Scarlet Blade has removed the censor on loli characters. the game is accessible in the U.S.A., without restriction.

and lemme tell you something else about Scarlet Blade... it was hosted in the NA region by Aeria Games. Aeria Games is very notorious for trying to keep things family friendly. probably why they neglected it so much. just a quick cash grab. they had already known they would shut it down. i am certain pretty much like 99% of the players had also known this.

some games over at Aeria have some somewhat questionable content. and they do host the somewhat questionable Shaiya.

~

~

~

regardless... i haven't seen a single thing from this game that is required, by law, to be edited out/censored. that is, at least in the NA region. that is, at the very least, in the U.S.A.. as for other regions and countries go? i couldn't say and wouldn't know.

it is always possible there are some places where this stuff is illegal. but, again, i wouldn't know. and maybe SEGA wouldn't entirely know either. law is very complicated stuff.

need further proof? well, i don't fell like it but can tell you this much... i like adult and hentai games. plenty of them release to the NA region with plenty of questionable content.

the ONLY thing required here is is that there be a statement that all characters depicted are of the legal age of 18+. and even then, they don't have to be that vague. and can just say that all characters depicted in any sexually explicit/suggestive content are of the legal age of 18+.

18+ is a good stand point, because of the huge discrepancy from one state to the next and one country to the next. i don't know any place in the entire world that won't allow sex at 18+. ( there probably is, maybe due to tyranny or some religion or tribal law... or something. )

~

~

~

FURTHERMORE! if you read enough through this very topic/thread, you will find plenty of proof of where you are wrong. at least, as far as the first few lines of your post goes. again, i didn't read your entire post.

you don't seem to really understand what you are talking about. at least, as far as the first few lines of your post goes. again, i didn't read your entire post.

Enjoy~!

~

~

~

P.S. as far as people saying false advertisement goes... a cinematic/cut-scene does NOT constitute as content. this is very tricky, so try to keep up... if it is not playable, or the player has no ability to make decisions, then it is not content. restricting the height slider also does NOT constitute as removing content.

P.P.S. SEGA themselves has not done any sexualization. that is all on the players and their decision to do so.

P.P.P.S. i 100% want any and all forms of censorship removed. so, don't get the wrong idea here peeps.

Their is nothing wrong about it.

To normal non-gaming adults, that is a child in a skirt, barely covering panties, doing a stripper dance on a chair.

To normal non-gaming adults, heck even gaming ones, that is sexualizing a child.

That and many other reasons is why SEGA placed censorship.

Thus its here to stay. For our North American version of the game, made for North America, where you need a North American account to play, that is completely banned from being played in a few countries due to loot box laws, thus why it is not a global release because it is illegal to play it in those countries.

Common sense, and logic. Use it.

@ApollosAmour Who must they make it a gray area to however? It seems rather unlikely to be a legal issue. If it is a fear of an outcry, plenty of other media have gone through the outcry, such has Uzaki and Shield Hero. Tera was one of the most sexualized MMOs that had a western release and didn't see any controversy even after uncensoring Elins.

@Guardian Tera removed their censorship on elins and the game didn't collapse from that. Also games like Senran Kagura and Tera exist just fine in their western releases.