What are we eating/favorite foods thread

It's end of winter here in NA and in my part of the country that means produce is at an all time 'bleh' for the year. But forget about the plants - this weekend we're making our signature mac and cheese recipe that's similar to this one but has some tweaks and then we're going to smoke a pork butt and toss some of that in there with the mac... homer simpson face

But before we can use the pork to make the mac, we obviously have to make tacos with it first.

Also coffee is BAE in PSO2 but also IRL.

Oh geez I mean... I enjoy foods from various countries. xD

For Italian food, there's Spaghetti, Pizza, Ravioli, Lasagne. For Japanese food, there's Sushi, Ramen, Katsudon, Ninniku Rice, Gyoza, Nikujaga. Lastly for Mexican food, there's Enchiladas and Quesadillas. The list goes on but these are just a few I can name off the top of my head.

@Leonkh99 said in What are we eating/favorite foods thread:

Oh geez I mean... I enjoy foods from various countries. xD

Mexican food

Bruh let me stop you right there and fax you some real Mexican

My favorite food happens to be the healthiest comfort food: Pizza. I'm a bit boring when it comes to Pizza however, I prefer plain cheese and/or pepperoni. Thin Crust, Hand-tossed and stuffed crust are my favorite types of Pizza Pie Crust. Usually because they have less grease. If I must have greasy pizza crust (Pan Pizza) then I usually put it in the fridge overnight to get cold and evaporate most of the grease fat.

@coldreactive said in What are we eating/favorite foods thread:

My favorite food happens to be the healthiest comfort food: Pizza.

You had me at pizza.

Reading this thread while hungry sucks lol. I just had some Special K cereal, 😞 I want some good real food right now.

Also @Rantious that mac n cheese sounds delicious!

@Clain lol it's been a while since I ate cereal but I wanted something simple and bought a box of Special K cereal haha I still have some Lucio-Oh's left too lol

I like steak, potatoes, and aspartame. Don't judge me lol

@Clain said in What are we eating/favorite foods thread:

Reading this thread while hungry sucks lol. I just had some Special K cereal, 😞 I want some good real food right now.

Also @Rantious that mac n cheese sounds delicious!

Pork is in the smoker - tacos tonight and Mac and cheese tomorrow... And blueberry pie has 2 minutes on the oven timer. Excitement intensifies

Pork time - bark not quite as dark as I like it but oh well. It'll be good. We'll shred it and freeze because two people can't possibly eat all that in the span of even a week.

A L T E R N A T I V E T E X T

Has to come up to temp in the oven... Expecting a long stall at like 178° F internal.

@Rantious said in What are we eating/favorite foods thread:

Pork time - bark not quite as dark as I like it but oh well. It'll be good. We'll shred it and freeze because two people can't possibly eat all that in the span of even a week.

A L T E R N A T I V E T E X T

Has to come up to temp in the oven... Expecting a long stall at like 178° F internal.

It looks really good. I smoked a 5 pound brisket for 7 hours the other day. Turned out so well and still got plenty left over for other meals. Only downside is no one to share it with. 😏

Fish and Chip fry, soft taco's, rarebit (cheese, milk and beer, warmed into paste and spread over toast before grilling), Wellington beef, roast lamb, Campfire stew (BBQ pulled gammon, slow cooked with veggies), curries, bolognese, burgers... I love food and I love to cook.

Food is all looking good!

I had avocado salsa with tortilla chips earlier lol. Bever had the avocado salsa before. Reminded me a little of guac xD

@Hengbok said in What are we eating/favorite foods thread:

Food is all looking good!

I had avocado salsa with tortilla chips earlier lol. Bever had the avocado salsa before. Reminded me a little of guac xD

Yeah what? Isn't avocado salsa just chunky guacamole?