Why is PvP so trash?

@Kwars01 said in Why is PvP so trash?:

why even have a pvp where stunlocking is a thing?

are we playing the same game? there is no "stunlocking" in pvp...the only true stun available is limited to 3 shots per match if you choose to grab it

@JuggernautGTX latency and tails spam would like to have a word with you bud

@JuggernautGTX latency and tails spam would like to have a word with you bud

latency is not a stunlock mechanic....nor is the "tails spam" i guess you mean talis....talis arent even used for "normal" attacks other than position your nagrants...a sword weilder could easily reach a talis user and 1 hit ko him...you are not "stunlocking" somebody with a talis

@Kwars01 actually Talis is one of the few weapons that stunlock you lol. There is the sword 360 pa, AR peircing shot pa, Tmg PA, knuckles, and soaring blade pa that for the most part stunlock you most of the time. Also yeah there's also the stun skill you can get at the start of the game

Had fun doing it. It's not perfect but for an arcade game such as pso2 it does fine. The biggest problem is pvp room also being peer to peer, sometimes people just pop on you and that's the frustrating issue.

@Tri-Edge there is a fine line between stagger and stunlock - stunlock making you unable to do anything - you literally get stunned by multiple skills... stagger gives you moments to react - if for some weird reason a talis user is hitting me with normal attacks only (i mean why would somebody even do that....you throw your talis and nagrants immediately....and nagrats doesn stun you can still run out of the area anyway) i still got time to reach him and kill him in 1 blow....this game isn about stunlocking people since its a 1 hit fiesta...only about position and smart use of your only active ability

@JuggernautGTX right, stagger is exactly it. Just saying those are those closing thing to getting any kind of stunlock in pvp. nagrants not being one of them since it hardly staggers

is it really a "stunlock" if the weapon just one-shot kills you like most of them do?

@Tri-Edge the stun skill some people get more than 3 shots with per match. they wind up hitting me like 16 times.

@Tri-Edge the stun skill some people get more than 3 shots with per match. they wind up hitting me like 16 times.

you get hit 16 times by the stun skill? then probably hacks

this is why nobody takes pvp in mmos seriously

That must be why PvP-focused MMOs were some of the best and long-lasting before this generation of "i want everything for free and immediately" took over.

PvP is so bad because it simply isn't a big part of the game. Either the JP players just wanted PvP and it was added or they simply wanted to have it as a fun mini-game with obviously no regard to balance. Regardless, the game was never made to have PvP, this is why it's so bad.

Also the top of the leaderboards are filled with hackers such as Katherine

I'm like pretty sure this pso2blah guy is a hacker himself. Only a hacker can call out hackers without real proof after all since they know how it looks. :^)

@Ephemiel Kurtzpel would like to have a word with you.

@pso2blah said in Why is PvP so trash?:

Also the top of the leaderboards are filled with hackers such as Katherine

How do you get hacks on xbox? That's what he plays on

@pso2blah Hey it’s Katherine I don’t cheat and I play on Xbox XD