Bot Spammers ruining the game

@DDDDLife said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@Songaro said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Just IP block all of mainland china. That’ll fix the issue.

That would remedy most of the issues, But there is a problem ,Mostly a company Named Tencent Games, Which is the Largest Company of MMO's currently in the entire world.

I fail to see how does that have anything to so with Tencent? To my knowledge Tencent doesn’t have anything to do with PSO2.

They need do something about this shit

@DDDDLife said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Just IP block all of mainland china. That’ll fix the issue.

That would remedy most of the issues, But there is a problem ,Mostly a company Named Tencent Games, Which is the Largest Company of MMO's currently in the entire world.

I fail to see how does that have anything to so with Tencent? To my knowledge Tencent doesn’t have anything to do with PSO2.

Actually, yes they do, Originally back when PSO2 was supposed to be released to us, Tencent made a promise to Sega that it would see success IF it was released in South Korea, Namely Hosted by PLaypark, Sound familiar?

@DDDDLife I just looked into what they bought stock in, and no, Tencent has no stake in SEGA, or PSO2 at all. Where did you even get your info? They have stake in plenty of other big name companies, ( which is disturbing considering the communist party in China, and Tencent's ties to it) but nowhere, not even in SEGA 's subsidiaries, do they have a stake in, or a say in anything related to this game.

Well, atleast the team behind Tweaker is doing something about these RMT spammer. Unlike MS who just sits there not doing anything of the sort.

Tweaker Changelog 6.1.2.6.png

MS should start sueing them for breach of contract.

This is from the JP EULA. im sure its somewhat similar.

End User Agreement
Article 10
14.The act of service transactions outside the game, such as items acquired in the game through the use of these services. This includes acts of selling and purchasing using real-world currency, and acts of interest such as internet auctions.

@Tsheej You do realize these are Chinese gold farmers, (in this case meseta) and are a constant problem with MMO games right? Who would Microsoft sue? Not SEGA, because there are few things that can be done in this situation. Not those creating these accounts, as they are throw away accounts, and thusly the emails linked to them are burner accounts, that have no real world information linked to them. I think you are out of your depth here, when it comes to commenting on this topic.

Their update on the issue was really nice to see. To anyone that missed it: https://pso2.com/news/announcements/accountmeasures081420

Like I said prior, they are taking measures against accounts that break the rules and continuing to report these accounts is the best thing you can do to help them enforce the issue.

Let's hope that's only the beginning, and we will get our lobby back soon. I'm really fed up with having to blacklist spammers every single time I log in to the game. On some days have to do it multiple times to blacklist different spammer accounts.

Now this also comes to a legal question, most other MMO's selling of ingame currency like this for real world money is a huge violation of the terms of service and illegal in many places, unless that's changed in recent years. not to mention the reviews for the sites that these bots are advertising have some of the most up down reviews i've ever seen, you can clearly tell some of the reviews are done by bots too. this is why so many games have an automatic spam detection system and usually prevent people from spamming a chat, maybe i've been spoiled

I noticed a lot of the bots that go to block 1 are gone from my ship. That said now they're on the minor blocks lol.

Geez.. I login today and now 3-4 bots using the shout bubble to spam... this needs to stop.

I also support the idea to prevent chat under "x" level. Also think a menu option should be made for players to "mute" anyone under the level the user sets. If bots cant reach people anymore.. problem solved.

@Mysticales said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Geez.. I login today and now 3-4 bots using the shout bubble to spam... this needs to stop.

I also support the idea to prevent chat under "x" level. Also think a menu option should be made for players to "mute" anyone under the level the user sets. If bots cant reach people anymore.. problem solved.

Or make it so they can't talk in chat for 14 days or something. That would hamper newer players, but this is becoming an insane issue now.

Either that or ban China for gods sake.

@Mysticales Unrelated, but I love the KOS-MOS icon.

Seems like its gotten worse since the announcement.

@redBadger22 said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Seems like its gotten worse since the announcement.

There's multiple "B" bots that cycle into blocks. Ive noticed they spam at the zone-in point for a second and now immediately run to swap blocks (making it potentially harder to blacklist them)