Bot Spammers ruining the game

@Suspect Any time i'm in the gate area the spammers pop in every 20 seconds and keep spamming but NOW, they have learned a new trick, they're using sound emotes with the spam, so every 3 seconds "BAM" message "BAM" message. That's way too much, I would like to see you guys completely block china as I've heard they did in the JP version of the game and it caused the spammer and spam bots to become almost nonexistent.

No seriously, what does Tencent has to do with PSO2?

@Songaro said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

They're the biggest MMO side company that works with coding and networking. They squeezed themselves into almost every game. PSO2 is one of the view that aren't involved with them.

I am afraid I feel a ban of China IPs is the only way to end this mess since level or time gating the chat will just make new players angry and won't solve the problem since bots will just find a way around it even if the makers have to level the accounts themselves. Another good solution I have seen thrown around is forcing the completion of story up to a certain point which will make it significantly harder for these people to make said accounts.

best method i have seen is actually just making a chat ban for like a week or 2 after account creation you can still use party chat alliance and whisper but not area chat.

@GamerKillance said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@Songaro said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

They're the biggest MMO side company that works with coding and networking. They squeezed themselves into almost every game. PSO2 is one of the view that aren't involved with them.

You might want to read this : https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-11-28-segas-john-clark-moves-to-tencent-europe

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tencent-marvelous/japans-marvelous-shares-jump-17-as-chinas-tencent-takes-20-stake-idUSKBN2320F3

@DDDDLife And? So an executive left Sega's European branch, and joined Tencent. They still don't own stock in anything SEGA owns. And until they do, they have no say in the company or any decisions pertaining to PSO2.

@Anarchy-Marine

Let me see if I can find that Article about when Tencent Moved sega to Southern Asia that was hosted by Playpark.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@DDDDLife And? So an executive left Sega's European branch, and joined Tencent. They still don't own stock in anything SEGA owns. And until they do, they have no say in the game or any decisions pertaining to PSO2.

Yes , completely true, But it may be the reason why China won't be blacklisted.

@DDDDLife And yet, that was done in Japan, on its end of the server group. That alone is contradictory to your belief that Tencent has any real influence.

@dragonelete said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

best method i have seen is actually just making a chat ban for like a week or 2 after account creation

They'd just create 500 accounts immediately and wait 2 weeks before slowly working through them as they get banned, creating more every time they drop to 300 or so.

Japan is surprisingly pro-China, though, as seen from a Taiwanese perspective. Quite sad actually.

But back on the topic. The bot situation is making me have second thoughts about staying in PSO2 Steam. The broken Fresh Finds that take forever to fix only to break again the next week, the lack of any good cosmetic rewards in the Mission Pass (as it stands it's just a Consumables Pass with only a couple of good rewards locked behind hundreds of Mission Badges), the cheap item descriptions...these are all still somehow bearable, but the lack of any effective solution for the spambot problem isn't.

I don't demand that RMT be completely eradicated. But at least relegate it to the dark corners of the game and make them hide.

A less annoying but equally pathetic situation is how Red Meat has been the top selling item on Ship 4 for weeks now, averaging anywhere between 100k to 500k each. That's another face-slap that RMT owns this game and nothing is being done about it that even puts a scratch on their skin. It doesn't severely affect my gaming experience, but it is a reminder over and over again about RMT every single time I open the player shops.

Block China if you have to, but just remember that Taiwan is not part of China. Don't block us as well. 😞

I don't think Taiwan's the problem at all, so I hope they don't get dragged under the bus. I'm still not convinced they're planning on IP blocking China at all.

Said this on another page, but the easiest way, and fairest way to combat this without affecting new players is to make mandatory the acquisition of Aux, Mag and Sub-Class permits as well as all the Class tutorials before having the account acquire Chat permit and perhaps a randomised Forest Exploration run. Can't Bot for all that.

It would help a little if one couldnt spam like 10 messages in 10 seconds.