Bot Spammers ruining the game

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

This is the easiest problem to solve. Level cap to chat. Make it 20.

The end.

You can get to 20 without even setting foot outside the lobby.

Banning mention of a website won't work - domain names and hosting are incredibly cheap, and they can just move their site if one gets blocked.

Putting level restrictions simply harms the player base that isn't breaking TOS, and does little if anything to stop the gold farmers

Additionally - it's very presumptive to think they're using bots for everything. Just for a quick primer on what it actually means to deal with gold farmers, understand why they are so persistent.

In China, the act of farming and selling in game currency is a recognized industry - such businesses are referred to as "play-money workshops", often employing sweatshop style labor - as in, a lot of very cheaply paid labor.

You also have situations such as the Jixi labour camp, which force prisoners to farm in game currency - as weird as that may sound. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/may/25/china-prisoners-internet-gaming-scam

Attempts to stop gold farmers will be met with the determination of several companies who's sole product is in game, and a desire to stay in business. This isn't something that can be taken lightly, or easily fixed. About the best success I've seen, is to go directly after their profits - Blizzard did this by directly selling gold via tokens, which forced a number of RMT companies out of the game when they couldn't compete with the lower prices.

As a start atleast, what worked for PSO2 JP should work fine for PSO2 Global. A lot of these operations are fairly low tech, the only ones that would remain are those with the technical know-how to get around an IP Ban - and given a lot of these are just sweat shop style ops, you cut a lot out of the picture when you do this. You will never fully be rid of this problem, but you can bring it down to more manageable levels.

Tie chat privileges to the title you get for clearing Forest Expedition. At least make them work a little more when they replace accounts.

@MisterJaySnek And you'll have failed to fix anything about this situation

Well then, How about something more in the lines were the username(s) Has to be specific.? For example instead of them using something like just ABBBCCCDD it would have to consist of lower case and upper case letters. So , like the first letter is always a capital letter then it would have to include a special character. So , then the user name must not be shorter than 6 characters long, But not longer than 10. I think , this would work.

The problem is syntax can be subverted by simple clever usage of numbers and punctuation. So there's no real way for them to create a chat filter that they wont still be able to get around. Its why they need to actually target the aggregate accounts that are hoarding meseta to then be bought. If there's no 'product' there can be no 'sales'

enable local chat after you finished episode 3 and reached level 76 - also unlock whisper only to those you are friends with or permanently after you finished episode 3 as well + 76....good luck in writing scripts for the whole episode 1-3

the other thing that puzzles me is this: Let's say for instance an AI does entice someone to visit the advertised store page and PLayer X does spend about, for instance 5$ , then his millions of meseta are instantly sent over to his account. Doesn't that mean that these meseta Sellers also have access to server side only functions? So , then that data that shows that transaction is marked on the server. If that is the case, the Dev's and GM's have a Wealth of data on these bots already and associated Ip's so .. yeah, so like , Im wondering why? Why haven't they done anything yet?

@DDDDLife You may be surprised to know that these gold sellers will lie to you, in order to get your money

@JuggernautGTX said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

enable local chat after you finished episode 3 and reached level 76 - also unlock whisper only to those you are friends with or permanently after you finished episode 3 as well + 76....good luck in writing scripts for the whole episode 1-3

In that case, we might as well tell new players to F off. Waaay too strict.

@MisterJaySnek said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Tie chat privileges to the title you get for clearing Forest Expedition. At least make them work a little more when they replace accounts.

I like this idea better. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a start.

I'm not going to claim I know the solution to this problem. But I do know that we deserve a more streamlined one-button type response to spam bots.

Click on offender > Click "Report spammer" > Click "Confirm" > game automatically sends report of spammer and automatically adds the offender to my black list.

Currently we have to: click on offender > Miscellaneous > Report player > click on Reason > click on Other > click on Comment > write "spammer" > click on Report > click on Confirm > Click on offender again > Miscellaneous > Add to blacklist

If SEGA doesn't have a solution, at least let us have an easy time ignoring people.

Ban China. Additionally make non-premium users solve a captcha for every 10 area chat messages they send until they're level 75.

@ApollosAmour not too strict...you got alliance chat...you got party chat....and still can chat with your friends via whisper until you reach lv 76...i think not being able to type messages in local chat is the least concern a new player would have if he gets a window popping up as soon as he creates a new character wich explains to him why...you can still send kudos to people and what not...and i mean its just for lobby you can still talk in UQ chats etc