Bot Spammers ruining the game

@Jaunty said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

JP legit banned China from the game and has seen a massive decrease of Ad bots since, NA is basically a shit show of wild west proportions. You can't tell us barely anything can be done about it when little to no effort has been put in from the NA side of things, I don't know how long it took JP to ban China from the game but that's where almost all of the reseller's site domains are located.

JP version launched on July 2012, January 2013 had the highest amount of RMT/bots related bans (over 200k), and the following few months the amount of bans decreased sharply. Starting on April 2013 they were doing less than 2k bans per month, I think it was around this time that they banned China.

Here's something to be angry about.

With the upcoming event APPRECIATED ARKS! there's a chance that one(if not all) of the 300 winners can be a RMT spammer. I have a feeling they can easily survive 5 days without getting being alerted to. Also not everyone is reporting them.

@Noodles said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

With the upcoming event APPRECIATED ARKS! there's a chance that one(if not all) of the 300 winners can be a RMT spammer. I have a feeling they can easily survive 5 days without getting being alerted to. Also not everyone is reporting them.

Yah this is my big fear too, all the prizes going to bots.

Couldn't have had this event without the bots, grats to the 2 real people that win!! ❤❤❤️ Lol

@Ezodagrom @Jaunty That's sort of what I was getting at with scaling back on NA being global. If they ban certain countries, it will almost completely solve the bot problem. But it's also isolating the game to where it's not global anymore.

Honestly it's one of the better options, but it's not something I'm sure they'll commit to at this stage.

This is the easiest problem to solve. Level cap to chat. Make it 20.

The end.

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

The end.

Does not work. Bot would get to said level cap and will start to cover chat with spam.

@AlexOak said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

The end.

Does not work. Bot would get to said level cap and will start to cover chat with spam.

A better solution would be chat CAPTCHA.

The end.

A better solution would be chat CAPTCHA.

It does work. Works for wow. Works for FFXIV. It can work for Pso2. It will cut down on chat spam by 95%. Captcha would never work for a system like this.

@Noodles said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

You honestly think they'll give it to bots? The raffle is being held by actual people who run the game. Just like previous events they'll check them out before giving them the prize IF they win.

Bots aren't getting the prize so calm down ya'll.

It does work. Works for wow. Works for FFXIV. It can work for Pso2. It will cut down on chat spam by 95%. Captcha would never work for a system like this.

I don't know if I'm just in an alternate universe or something... but I'm getting plenty of RMT spam in FFXIV at least in the 3 starting city-states where your Grand Company is located - so you can't really avoid it. They also have teleporting bot farming armies that levels to level 50 in like under a day.

I ran around in PSO2 with the overhead label showing player name and their current class and level, it wasn't that rare to see RMT spammer in level 20s and even up to in the 40s. Meseta doesn't just drop out of no where, they have to farm it somehow, and while farming it - they level up, and fast.

as far as FFXIV goes on shiva i have never encountered a single rmt spamer - not once in my entire life...nothing....tho igm does get offered on various known websites...these bot spamer are most of the time just some scam sites who dont seriously sell money to you...theyre just fishing randomly for dumb enough people who go on there and create accounts with their main email...also they have no "protection" to secure your accounts...hence the possibility of you being banned even if they sell you meseta is pretty damn high...like incredibly high...like your account is gone 1 day before you rmt thats how bad they are

enable local chat/whispers for lv 76 and theyre as good as gone...if newbies wanna chat they can through diff things like discord or party chat or alliance chat or whatever

they really need to deal with the bot issue main ship area chat is becoming like blade and soul world chat there are like 5 just standing in 1 floor they keep spamming then leave and another shows up. its annoying can't block chat them and they are not really helping the game.

@DDDDLife said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

No , just a simple captcha, thats it. so like you have to logon with the associated ID that is given to you . Then when you enter the game in order to unlock the chat you have to go thru a captcha only once. and thats it. this would deter many if not most of those AI's already in game.

Not only that, I'm pretty sure there would be all sorts of data of the numerous failed attempts available for the Devs and Gm's to see.

Not really, they would just open the game do the capcha, then run the macro they use to spam chat, it doesn't work, seen other games try this approach and it just ended up pissing off legit players and not doing anything to solve the problem, took them less than an hour to figure a way around the capcha.

@JuggernautGTX just made a character on Shiva for fun, and dang, this place is deserted, but I guess it is like 4am in EU - only 80 people total when I searched all 3 starting cities. But each city had 1 lv2 character with jibberish name and indeed was teleporting around and spamming 4KGOLD,COM in the starting city I choose.