Bot Spammers ruining the game

Bot spamming Ads is just taking up space for other players that wants to go to that block. Good thing I'm on the JP server and don't have that problem.

@DDDDLife said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@redBadger22 said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Guys idk if this has been stated or not but BLACKLISTING ISN'T GOING TO DO A DAMN THING.

Once they get banned they'll just make a new account. There is no way around that, you will eventually get spammed with the same thing again.

alt text

There needs to be actual action taken on this, so far I've seen none.

you got two options, Click on the player name and choose to report them. the same can be done to add to your blacklist.

I think you misread what I said. Blacklisting / reporting WILL NOT WORK. They'll be back the next day with a new account, so this is pointless.

Thankfully I hang out in other blocks in Franca's so I don't see it as much, but still.

A couple of points I noted in the replys above:

1. "It's only a problem if you don't play the game/loiter in the lobby." Well duh, it's a social game. Socializing in the lobby is as big a part of the game as farming urgent quests. Not to mention the lobby is literally the primary location for socializing and mingling with strangers.
  2. "They'll just come back." Indeed. Generally they use throw-away accounts and then as time goes by, stolen accounts. That's also the reason why I think at least some kind of player-based community mechanism is needed. It will be much faster and more effective than anything SEGA can do short of devoting whole departments fighting spam.
  3. "Just leave the lobby/go further back." Spammers are not idiots. They are motivated profit seekers. They go where the people go. We can all go to the shopping plaza and within the hour they will show up in the shopping plaza. So just going away is not a solution.
  4. Captcha: another idea is that SEGA can put in an extra step of verification. Once the first character of an account is created, the system sends email verification code (with obfuscation designed to defeat machine parsing) and only accounts that pass the email verification can speak in Area and send tells. Some forums do this.

All in all, I think the bottom line is that spammers harm the gameplay experience and they need to be dealt with. Avoiding the problem or ridiculing people who are harassed by spammers doesn't contribute anything except help the spammers.

I have to honestly believe that they 'track' trades and auction house data. Meaning; its really not hard from a dev stand point to see what accounts are selling for real life money. Especially since it tends to aggregate across a few accounts that are accessed by the same IP ranges; and generally the money is 'moved' by purchasing items on the auction house that are posted for insane prices. (eg: a Telepipe is 25 million meseta; and someone buys it) Its really honestly not hard to crack down on the obvious scammer accounts from a dev perspective. I used to work for a dev team that had the same sort of issues and curtailed it in the same sort of way.

That they dont crack down on it is the most telling thing of all imo

Personally I'm not that much against RMT. But I'm against the act of spamming adverts.

There are also countless Japanese sites for PSO2 RMT for the JP service. So obviously RMT is rampant in JP as well. But why don't they have a spammer problem? Or do they?

What is so different about NA that we just have to have RMT spamming adverts in our face every time we log in?

@kztm nope, absolutely no spamming on JP PSO2

but JP PSO2 is pretty hard on RMT and account sharing, they were punishing people buying their expert wins.

@kztm The JP version also used to have alot of RMT spamming in the lobbies early on, but if I remember right, the spam reduced massively only when SEGA blocked China? :x

After they did that, the number of RMT and bots related bans went from over 200k bans in a month in January 2013 to less than 2k bans per month starting in April 2013 (with most months having less than 1k bans per month).

(Note that I'm not saying that such a drastic measure should happen in the global version, just saying what I remember from the JP version).

It wouldn't surprise me that they are holding the higher stuff in the game economy. If there's a way to just mute them out. We can pick the ones we don't want to hear and just block their chat. We should be able to mute these bots. Just because they are there, doesn't mean we should have to see them on chat.

I'm hoping Sega can do that during the next update.

@DDDDLife said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Guys idk if this has been stated or not but BLACKLISTING ISN'T GOING TO DO A DAMN THING.

Once they get banned they'll just make a new account. There is no way around that, you will eventually get spammed with the same thing again.

alt text

There needs to be actual action taken on this, so far I've seen none.

you got two options, Click on the player name and choose to report them. the same can be done to add to your blacklist.

I think you misread what I said. Blacklisting / reporting WILL NOT WORK. They'll be back the next day with a new account, so this is pointless.

Thankfully I hang out in other blocks in Franca's so I don't see it as much, but still.

No , I think you completely mis-understand, Since you did say that "They will be back with a New account", that means that your previous actions did have some effect, Unfortunately you will have to do time and time again, Does it work? Of course of it does! Do you want more of a convenience where you just want to click once and be done with it? , Of course you do, But that's not going to happen, Unless you report every single time, That is the data the Dev's and GM's need to block them.

Blacklisting does work, but you have to blacklist every single one, because they keep returning with a new account. This is where we have to continue to do this, to let them know that we , Or at the very least many , If not most of us , Do not want their presence at all.

doesnt rlly help much when t takes them all of 20 minutes if that to swap accounts and be right back to spamming and as someone stated elsewhere. they seem to have shifts they sit in the block for like 1-2 mins before switching to another block. and i cant rem if this game has a max limit to the amount of people that you can blacklist.

Why we need a level requirement before people can use chat. This would be a great way to decrease the volume of the spammers.

It would just make the bots go level up.

In FFXIV, the few bots you still see are almost always lv 50, usually White Mages.

They should add a word/letter blacklist like the one in Black desert. Works wonders.

I do play the game, I dont do fashion shows in the lobby or what ever bs some people come up with.

Whenever I go to the lobby to hand in some quests or check the personal Shop, I am getting spammed. I cant read system messages, I cant read the alliance chat, I cant read the public channel. Today a bot even whispered me.

That sucks really hard and I wish there would finally be something done about it.

JP legit banned China from the game and has seen a massive decrease of Ad bots since, NA is basically a shit show of wild west proportions. You can't tell us barely anything can be done about it when little to no effort has been put in from the NA side of things, I don't know how long it took JP to ban China from the game but that's where almost all of the reseller's site domains are located.

You ban China, you get rid of the bots.