Bot Spammers ruining the game

@Raes Not saying this is the case, but from the perspective of the GMs, I'm sure they're dealing with a lot that we don't see. Sometimes it seems like nothing happens, but that's often just because it's addressed after we've already put it out of our mind. Depending on what issues they're addressing too, bots may be a low priority like you said. I can't say for sure though, just speaking from experience.

To your own point tho; if you were to spam gay SA you will likely get banned within an hour or two; comparatively if you spam meseta prices for real life cash (also against tos) you wont get banned within an hour or two.

That is kind of my point desu

True, but they're still able to prioritize one over the other in terms of severity. It seems like a constant job taking care of both, so I imagine it'd take some time to go through all the reports regardless.

I think the very least they could do is to add a "Report Spammer" to the "Miscellaneous" option under the menu that pops up when we click on a player character. Make it both a "RMT spam report" as well as "Blacklist this player" function all-in-one.

Making innocent players, many potential payers, and many already payers, of this game jump through hoops to ensure a good gaming experience, is sad.

The JP servers don't have such a bad problem with RMT spammers. Why? Why can't the NA team just dial up their senpai in JP and, you know, ask: "Senpai, teach us!"

Or is the NA team too proud to learn from other people? I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk, but the RMT spamming is slowly but surely getting to my nerves. And I'm a paying customer. One that is starting to have second thoughts about staying in the NA/Global service for NGS, as it seems the operation either doesn't care or aren't competent enough to achieve what the JP team has already achieved.

Again I apologize for this strong wording. But that's how unhappy I'm with the situation. 😞

its prolly because JP has a captcha and if you have ever seen JP runes then you would know that even the smallest change to a rune can make it a completely different rune. so even the actual JP players sometimes have trouble with that captcha and call it the captcha boss.

I feel some sort of authentication is needed to chat but there is a problem with that it is usually done at the account creation level like the JP server Capcha boss but in this case since Steam and Xbox Live are the account systems it is on them to toughen up against the bots alongside the GMs doing regular ban-waves on the bots to reduce the amount of them since it is impossible to completely rid of them. If you don't believe me look at every MMO out there.

Bot spam is only an issue when you don't play the game.

its also an issue when your sitting in the lobby talking to your alliance to take a small break only to find you cant read alliance chat cause spam.

@dragonelete said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

its also an issue when your sitting in the lobby talking to your alliance to take a small break only to find you cant read alliance chat cause spam.

Then move blocks? Or move away from the quest counter. Bots never walk up the stairs, they always stay right outside the block elevator.

@kztm said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

I think the very least they could do is to add a "Report Spammer" to the "Miscellaneous" option under the menu that pops up when we click on a player character. Make it both a "RMT spam report" as well as "Blacklist this player" function all-in-one.

Bingo. It's weird that a few months of this on and the report menu doesn't even have an RMT/Advertising option. At the moment we have to use Other and then type in that it's a meseta-selling spammer each and every time.

But yeah, on top of adding that as an option, they could go a step further and make it a separate report option altogether that has no need for text input and blocks at the same time. That'd be a lot more accessible and probably encourage more people to do it.

@Shirokami07 I agree with the other poster that it isn't that cut and dry, but tbh most of the complaints I've seen really do stem from people who loiter around the lobby all day and have fashion shows instead of actually playing the game.

Guys idk if this has been stated or not but BLACKLISTING ISN'T GOING TO DO A DAMN THING.

Once they get banned they'll just make a new account. There is no way around that, you will eventually get spammed with the same thing again.

alt text

There needs to be actual action taken on this, so far I've seen none.

@redBadger22 said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Guys idk if this has been stated or not but BLACKLISTING ISN'T GOING TO DO A DAMN THING.

Once they get banned they'll just make a new account. There is no way around that, you will eventually get spammed with the same thing again.

alt text

There needs to be actual action taken on this, so far I've seen none.

you got two options, Click on the player name and choose to report them. the same can be done to add to your blacklist.

What they need to do is IP ban those people or group that are using bots.

Needs some IP bans thrown around! Even if they're on VPN, ban the whole IP block. Lol. They'll run out of IP addresses eventually.