Bot Spammers ruining the game

@YagyuChan Oh. I guess that's where we differ then hehehe.

@Raes said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@YagyuChan Oh. I guess that's where we differ then hehehe.

Yeah but I can see where you are coming from. 🙂

@YagyuChan said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@YagyuChan But you can always manually un-blacklist legit players; and that will be far less often and time consuming tbqh

I feel it would take longer considering all bots and most legit players will leave their name as PN385475828491 or something like that. If anything a story based restriction would be better than that.

Well, I did mention that instead of Choosing the Default Name that is given to you Perhaps something instead of PN387475828491 Would then be identified as some like this with specifics such as the following:

The name or "Alias" Must consist of Uppercase and lowercase letters , numbers and special characters and cannot begin with a number. Conversely , The string syntax must be at least 6 characters long but not more than 10. Given the fact that most of these bots just use simple terms such as ddfffd or even 123456. This could work, But maybe with be a hassle for most players.

@DDDDLife said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@YagyuChan said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@YagyuChan But you can always manually un-blacklist legit players; and that will be far less often and time consuming tbqh

I feel it would take longer considering all bots and most legit players will leave their name as PN385475828491 or something like that. If anything a story based restriction would be better than that.

Well, I did mention that instead of Choosing the Default Name that is given to you Perhaps something instead of PN387475828491 Would then be identified as some like this with specifics such as the following:

The name or "Alias" Must consist of Uppercase and lowercase letters , numbers and special characters and cannot begin with a number. Conversely , The string syntax must be at least 6 characters long but not more than 10. Given the fact that most of these bots just use simple terms such as ddfffd or even 123456. This could work, But maybe with be a hassle for most players.

While a decent solution to the problem I feel more than this needs to be done unfortunately for it to work. It is why I propose a Episode 1 completion requirement since it won't stop them but it will slow them down a lot and make life very easy for SEGA since they can ban them all in one ban wave.

PLEASE do something about it, SEGA, asap. As in, right now. Seriously.

I just logged on, and immediately there were FOUR bots spamming in my face. FOUR.

I blacklisted them, reported them, and just felt "wtf is this" and logged off.

PLEASE do something about it.

@kztm Sega and the Tweaker team are both working on their own fixes. Just give it a bit more time.

I know about Tweaker, but could you tell me what SEGA is doing as a fix, beyond account bans after-the-fact? I'm genuinely curious.

@00039 said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

The bots are now /togeing.....seriously just block china and be done with it.

Emptyquote!

@kztm They made a progress report on the bans, which is something. I'm not saying it's an overnight fix, but they are working on it so it's good that they're keeping us updated on it.

Yeah, unfortunately the bans come after they have done the harm. What I'm really looking for are measures that actually prevent the spam. I don't need to know what it is, but I would really like to see some real results.

@kztm I think we'll get somewhere with it, we just have to be patient until it happens.

Yeah I know. It's just better to keep the topic alive than to let SEGA think that, "oh the players have given up on it." After all, this is probably the only channel for SEGA to evaluate what players care about.

@Miraglyth said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

lol yes it was. You can say there are more now

Precisely. But its was so minor that one could easily brush it off. Now, if we were open to all countries, it would be even more of a problem. And that's a reality you cannot deny.

c494fcc3-5ccf-4c24-bddc-9628aee1d413-image.png

welcome the kappa 123 family

@kztm I agree. Both continuing to report and talk about it is a good idea.