Bot Spammers ruining the game

a chat delay function would only slow down the spam, it wouldn't fix it

@Tsheej said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

What they need to do is IP ban those people or group that are using bots.

Right which is why blocked countries are good. And apparently that is not enough. Was not an issue before Steam.

@Pulptenks I remember it before Steam, even if it's gotten worse. I'm sure the main reason it's getting worse is because they're getting reported and banned more.

@Pulptenks said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Was not an issue before Steam.

lol yes it was. You can say there are more now (that's debatable) but even if you believe it, that's correlation and not causality. Unless you're also willing to blame Steam for their ability to use shouty-chat now.

@Pulptenks said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Was not an issue before Steam.

Afraid to say you are incorrect here since most bot accounts even now are Microsoft/Xbox accounts that have been made in bunches or hijacked which means Steam had minimal impact on adding said bots to the game then you combine it with the Tweaker and it is a heavy mess waiting to happen. As for the solution as I said before ban China IPs and enforce a Episode 1 completion requirement.

I think ive solved it. Just have it so anyone is automatically blacklisted if the server detects spam (messages sent in quick or timed succession). Could even have it be an option in the options menu (auto blacklist on or off)

While it doesnt fix the issue it at least removes the need for the player to constantly blacklist three Bs and fewfwefosfjwefd every five minutes on rotation

Its complicated to say the least. We now have the steam version along with the PC version and perhaps at some point they are going to implement across the PS4 and PS5 consoles and even Nintendo Switch at some point.

Perhaps, If anything - a beta test is in order to see what is effective and what does not work.

@Raes said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

I think ive solved it. Just have it so anyone is automatically blacklisted if the server detects spam (messages sent in quick or timed succession). Could even have it be an option in the options menu (auto blacklist on or off)

While it doesnt fix the issue it at least removes the need for the player to constantly blacklist three Bs and fewfwefosfjwefd every five minutes on rotation

That would blacklist legitimate players too.

@YagyuChan But you can always manually un-blacklist legit players; and that will be far less often and time consuming tbqh

The lesser of two evils imo

@YagyuChan But you can always manually un-blacklist legit players; and that will be far less often and time consuming tbqh

I feel it would take longer considering all bots and most legit players will leave their name as PN385475828491 or something like that. If anything a story based restriction would be better than that.

@YagyuChan said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

I feel it would take longer considering all bots and most legit players will leave their name as PN385475828491 or something like that.

Menu -> Nearby Player -> Remove from blacklist

Its the same concept as seeking out the bot and doing the same thing to them realistically; it just automates the process for you

I feel it would take longer considering all bots and most legit players will leave their name as PN385475828491 or something like that.

Its the same concept as seeking out the bot and doing the same thing to them realistically; it just automates the process for you

Doesn't really resolve the issue then since you would spend more time removing people from blacklist cause they were sitting around spamming in lobby than blacklisting bots.

Doesn't really resolve the issue then since you would spend more time removing people from blacklist cause they were sitting around spamming in lobby than blacklisting bots.

But if you already have people that normally spam; why would you not want them blacklisted in general desu?

But if you already have people that normally spam; why would you not want them blacklisted in general desu?

cause it is a social MMORPG that encourages this kind of stuff alongside others. What I am trying to say is it is part of the experience.

because in a game like this if your holding a conversation its akin to spam since the chat box can only hold like 100 chars.