Bot Spammers ruining the game

@JuggernautGTX If a new player has a question or anything like that though, it means they have to directly contact someone, join a party, or join an alliance. UQ doesn't automatically party you up either unless you join one or someone joins you. It can be pretty daunting to be so direct with other players so early on or to have to wait. I'm not exactly against a level cap either, but clearing Oracle and getting to 76 is something that took people weeks to burn through. It makes it too elitist imo.

@ApollosAmour in all honesty i see more players daily on discord/fb/reddit even forum than i have ever seen in lobby chat...it doesn hurt new players to be disabled from lobby chat until lv 76 - also lobby chat and quest chats are different...you dont require a party to chat in "local chat" for quests

@JuggernautGTX so the game needs to restrict every social aspect of the game behind a few hoops, which i dont think the devs would do nor waste the resources for. it looks hopeless because we dont know what the devs are doing or how long it will take to be implemented.

@JuggernautGTX Still, I don't think telling people they can talk outside of the game makes a lot of sense. For some people, the game is purely social too so it would turn them away.

@plamplight said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

[...] make non-premium users solve a captcha for every 10 area chat messages they send until they're level 75.

I think this is better with the level cap, since it just adds a check every 10 messages instead of silencing them. It wouldn't stop farmers, but it would most certainly stop chat spammers.

@ApollosAmour said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

@JuggernautGTX Still, I don't think telling people they can talk outside of the game makes a lot of sense. For some people, the game is purely social too so it would turn them away.

this can easily be handled if they make "official" newbie blocks wich even newbie players can use to chat in lobby....they will also get the full experience of all the bots compressed into lets say....10 blocks...and be happy and thankful to finally reach lv 76 and complete the story to be able to talk in lobbies that are bot free...and again its not that you tell others to join discords or reddit or forum to seek help...they already use it by themselfs....i rarely meet people who randomly start writing in lobby asking questions...like almost never...people on reddit are more helpful than ppl in lobbies anyway....questions get flooded easily - not only by bots

i dont think this kills the social aspect when only lobby chat is disabled for all none newbie blocks but everything else can be used freely...people feel more encouraged to ask stuff during quests anyway rather than lobby - i had most of my chats during quests especially VHAQs

It is so flagrant now that it is kind of obvious no one cares.

I would hardly say they ruin the game, I think you overdramatise this hugely. Just deal with it man, or move on, stop wasting your life whinging about something so small and easily ignored.

Leaving aside the focus on requirements to send to area at all, what about a soft limit on the rate at which it can be done? A quick visit to the four bots presently in B-001 says they seem to post every 4-10 seconds, meaning 6-15 messages per minute.

It seems chat bubbles last about 8 seconds on-screen, so anything faster than that just makes more message sounds and the bubble flash momentarily which probably aims to catch users' eye.

This rate is way faster than any real person would be typing unique messages for a sustained time. In addition to the unique message measures that have forced them to add random strings (or a set of strings that loops) to the end of messages, there could be a temp-mute that prevents area chat for 3 minutes if more than 5 messages are posted in a 60-second period.

@kztm said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

I'm not going to claim I know the solution to this problem. But I do know that we deserve a more streamlined one-button type response to spam bots.

Click on offender > Click "Report spammer" > Click "Confirm" > game automatically sends report of spammer and automatically adds the offender to my black list.

Currently we have to: click on offender > Miscellaneous > Report player > click on Reason > click on Other > click on Comment > write "spammer" > click on Report > click on Confirm > Click on offender again > Miscellaneous > Add to blacklist

If SEGA doesn't have a solution, at least let us have an easy time ignoring people.

Repeating this as it's a new suggestion asking for this common-sense addition.

I just reported a bot in the block I logged into and they were gone before the report was finished. I'm not sure if they were banned that fast, but I do know they're doling out permabans for RMT botting. Just keep reporting or else they're invisible.

@ApollosAmour said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

I just reported a bot in the block I logged into and they were gone before the report was finished. I'm not sure if they were banned that fast, but I do know they're doling out permabans for RMT botting. Just keep reporting or else they're invisible.

Some bots have a script where they beam in, spam, then jerkily walk to the block elevator and warp to a different block to spam somewhere else. It's weird to watch then.

Today I logged into the game and got booted to one of the single-digit blocks and was greeted by five different spambots spamming their gold selling services. It's pretty fucked up.

Whatever botter keeps making the "B" bot needs to calm down. There was six different B meseta bot spammers in one of the blocks i got ejected into today. They are getting more aggressive not less. Tbqh i dont think whatever sega is doing is working; cause the bots seem to be doubling in strength now

The bots are now /togeing.....seriously just block china and be done with it.

@00039 said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

The bots are now /togeing.....seriously just block china and be done with it.

Well they did that in 2013/2014 of PSO2 JP and their influx of gold sellers went down almost completely.

Eight. Count em eight on ship 2; between the gate and the shopping center (and now inside the shopping plaza)...

I humbly request that we just eliminate the middle man entirely and have a meseta bot spammer permanently installed into everyone's personal quarters.

Sega needs to address this. The radio silence is concerning.