Bot Spammers ruining the game

Ive been playing the game since the steam release pretty much every day, already gotten 90 hours But the game is utterly plagued with bots Has there been any news from Dev's or maybe moderators if this game has them in NA, to combat the bots? Hell i dont think calling them bots is even correct anymore, theyre on SHIFTS now Legit if you just watch one for a few seconds, they show up, spam their advertisement, then walk away to the block transport and get replaced by another one this happens every 20 seconds or so you LITERALLY cannot block them all, and it makes the main chat in the game useless because all messages get drowned out

The game feels so lonely now at time because people simply no longer use the main chats, because the bots ruin it

@Suspect said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Ive been playing the game since the steam release pretty much every day, already gotten 90 hours But the game is utterly plagued with bots Has there been any news from Dev's or maybe moderators if this game has them in NA, to combat the bots? Hell i dont think calling them bots is even correct anymore, theyre on SHIFTS now Legit if you just watch one for a few seconds, they show up, spam their advertisement, then walk away to the block transport and get replaced by another one this happens every 20 seconds or so you LITERALLY cannot block them all, and it makes the main chat in the game useless because all messages get drowned out

The game feels so lonely now at time because people simply no longer use the main chats, because the bots ruin it

There is also a feature that you can set where The bots chat is ignored and doesn't show up .

If you play the game instead of the lobby you won't even see it!

Bots are starting to whisper people now

@DDDDLife said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

There is also a feature that you can set where The bots chat is ignored and doesn't show up .

Do you mean completely hiding Area chat? I'm really interested in knowing. It's getting old now that every time I return to the lobby, a new bot seems to pop up and I have to blacklist it.

The RMT bot spamming in this game is exactly the same as what happened in FFXIV: ARR during the launch week, as well as The Division, although The Division just left it be and never ever did anything about it.

And yeah, bots are sending tells to random people now, it seems. I've already got a couple.

@kztm The blacklist option is the only way I can think of.

Make it a level requirement to use public chat and whispers. Newer players will survive since it doesn't take long. This will easily decrease the volume of spam.

The problem still exists that these automated Bots just make another account in less time than it does for me to write something about it. I sincerely hope that they add a captcha of some sort to deter these bots from making new accounts. Something like, when you first sign in to the game, you will need your account name and a Captcha to allow them to access the game. What initially started with one, now there is a whole slue of different BOT sites that are trying to cash in on player would would be so stupid enough to even spend money on them and Undercut what we love about PSO2.

@GamerKillance said in Bot Spammers ruining the game:

Make it a level requirement to use public chat and whispers. Newer players will survive since it doesn't take long. This will easily decrease the volume of spam.

This. Every other popular MMO does this, why should PSO be any different?

Welcome to MMOs where people gather in designated areas to chat or hang out. Every single MMO is plagued by bots and you won't ever be able to fix it. Report and block and move on.

The only way to stop bots is by tying the game to your government ID. You don't want that.

No , just a simple captcha, thats it. so like you have to logon with the associated ID that is given to you . Then when you enter the game in order to unlock the chat you have to go thru a captcha only once. and thats it. this would deter many if not most of those AI's already in game.

Not only that, I'm pretty sure there would be all sorts of data of the numerous failed attempts available for the Devs and Gm's to see.

The problem with captchas is that they aren't easy to implement well in a game. And as recently as March bots that can instantly complete captchas are showing up everywhere. Captcha isn't a good deterrent and hasn't been for years.

The way bots are putting spaces between letters in their URLs, or switching to new URLs altogether, it seems pretty clear some of their sites are getting added to the word filter. It also seems some of the bots are adding random characters to the end of their messages, presumably to avoid setting off some form of detection of identical messages being sent dozens of times.

These measures only seem to be slightly inconveniencing the bots, but they are making the spam less presentable which is probably helping discourage players from responding to them.

It'd risk a little vulnerability to abuse, but I wonder if shadow-muting accounts globally for 24-72 hours if a threshold of players block or report them would help. Mostly because if they don't know they're muted they'd still automatically run around between lobbies sending messages, unaware they're never being seen.

I think it would help to announce some kind of public discouragement though. Games announcing RMT is forbidden or even that they've suspended or banned x accounts in a ban wave for buying game currency from third parties has been a thing for years, and surely stops some easily-influenced players from doing it. That may not be enough to kill bots through lost profitability, but surely reducing their income is still a good thing?

Just do what JP does and block China lol

The only real solution is to walk away from the game, it's cristalline clear the devs don't care at all.
Bots were an issue since before pc release and it only got worse overtime.
Expecting the players to blacklist hundreds of throwaway accounts, disabling area chat OR not even walking in the lobbies aren't solutions.