Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

@Ephemiel Yeah actually it is. If it was true I would be able to find it easily. It's usually tiny youtubers that have tiny audiences that you realistically would not find unless it somehow showed up in your recommended. You need to go out of your way to find censorship videos.

The controversy that is usually covered by big sites is usually about P2W in MMOs. It's pretty much never about censorship for MMOs.

You say instantly known but you wouldn't instantly know if you didn't go out of your way. It's obviously a different story if people are going out of their way to find out the exact side by side differences for each version.

This post is deleted!

@PhantasyStar719 Didn't you uninstall the game? Why are you still on these forums? I mean most people know you're a troll at this point.

@Zenny said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@PhantasyStar719 Didn't you uninstall the game? Why are you still on these forums? I mean most people know you're a troll at this point.

Hardly a troll asshat but thanks for caring so much.. Just shut this thread down...

@Alex_Gore said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Archetype-Luna said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Not necessary. Censorship is usually not noticed by the general mass; if it was, then it wouldn't really work. When censorship is performed, you generally don't expect for the mass to realize that it happened. Furthermore, these threads are beyond just making a loli. Often times you need knowledge of the original in order to realize that something has been censored.

Demonstrably false. Most prominent example being movies that are edited for content for broadcast television. A form of censorship everyone is aware of and functions just fine.

I'd try to avoid these kind of broad proclamations. Not everything you dislike is evidence of nefarious intentions.

I don't think I ever said that the censorship was made with nefarious intentions.

@RainGnyu said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

GMs please close this thread this topic has already been discussed. OP trying to rehash an old thread discussion that been closed by the GMs.

This thread was made before the others were closed. Also, the others were closed due to discussion becoming too heated and people attacking each other, not because of the subject. A GM has already stated that as long as the discussions are civil that these threads can stay.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Not necessary. Censorship is usually not noticed by the general mass; if it was, then it wouldn't really work. When censorship is performed, you generally don't expect for the mass to realize that it happened. Furthermore, these threads are beyond just making a loli. Often times you need knowledge of the original in order to realize that something has been censored.

Demonstrably false. Most prominent example being movies that are edited for content for broadcast television. A form of censorship everyone is aware of and functions just fine.

I'd try to avoid these kind of broad proclamations. Not everything you dislike is evidence of nefarious intentions.

I don't think I ever said that the censorship was made with nefarious intentions.

@RainGnyu said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

GMs please close this thread this topic has already been discussed. OP trying to rehash an old thread discussion that been closed by the GMs.

This thread was made before the others were closed. Also, the others were closed due to discussion becoming too heated and people attacking each other, not because of the subject. A GM has already stated that as long as the discussions are civil that these threads can stay.

tumblr_ok2cl1y8xm1rosb88o1_1280.gif

Thread will close soon enough

The presumption of the quoted section I replied to was that the intent behind all censorship was to hide knowledge of removed content from the larger audience. This certainly implies a nefarious rationale to the censorship.

Also, the more salient point of my post was that your characterization of censorship was overly broad and false.

@Loona said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

It actually got (somewhat) addressed in terms of the methods of getting SG that we didn't have at the start.

Plus the fact that almost EVERYTHING they add as an event or cool little thing to do gives SG.

It's usually tiny youtubers that have tiny audiences that you realistically would not find unless it somehow showed up in your recommended.

Ah, so you want the news to just drop on your lap instead of bothering to search for it.

Got it, stuck in an echo chamber. I'm done here, you can keep screaming to the void if you want.

@Alex_Gore I don't necessary think hiding information is always nefarious. From my experience with censorship, it is to hide things from general view. I was not even aware of movies being edited for content for broadcast view.

However, I do feel that the intent of the censorship with the removed cutscene in PSO2 was to hide it from general view. I don't believe this is inherent nefarious by any means. However, I do believe it is unnecessary.

If people want to know why these guys are so adamant that they're right despite proof against them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief_perseverance

There you go.

@Ephemiel That's the thing though. Most do not search for this. They see a trailer or news a game is releasing and they download it when it launches.

I like to keep up to date with Eastern MMO releases but I generally do not find out about the censorship unless someone on the forums or discord mentions it because I don't automatically assume it's going to be censored. Some haven't. Now that I think about it, every time I've found out about censorship it's been because someone mentioned it on the forums.

If you aren't using forums or actively searching for this you wouldn't even know. As an example, I talked to a guy I was in a Advanced quest with last week about censorship and he actually had no idea the game was censored. When I told him what was he thought it was pretty ridiculous and shouldn't have been changed. He didn't care too much for height as it didn't affect him but didn't seem pleased overall. These people are the actual masses.

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

If people want to know why these guys are so adamant that they're right despite proof against them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief_perseverance

There you go.

Thank you Eph... Maybe now lunaand her band of misfits can finally leave us all alone

@Ephemiel What proof was there on the censorship being needed? There is only speculation on the possibility of Sony having an involvement. There aren't any legal issues with it. We know the CPPA isn't an issue due to a precedent set by a Supreme Court Case. With the files for the cutscene already being within the game's files we know that rating boards shouldn't be an issue as everything within a game's files constitutes as part of the game's content, regardless of whether or not it is accessible through normal gameplay. Games like Senran Kagura are available in many of the countries the game provides service to and are far more explicit than the removed scene.

@Ephemiel That's the thing though. Most do not search for this. They see a trailer or news a game is releasing and they download it when it launches.

I like to keep up to date with Eastern MMO releases but I generally do not find out about the censorship unless someone on the forums or discord mentions it because I don't automatically assume it's going to be censored. Some haven't. Now that I think about it, every time I've found out about censorship it's been because someone mentioned it on the forums.

If you aren't using forums or actively searching for this you wouldn't even know. As an example, I talked to a guy I was in a Advanced quest with last week about censorship and he actually had no idea the game was censored. When I told him what was he thought it was pretty ridiculous and shouldn't have been changed. He didn't care too much for height as it didn't affect him but didn't seem pleased overall. These people are the actual masses.

I'm going to say this again and i'll say it as clear as possible because you and Luna are legitimately irritating. I'm gone from this dumb echo chamber thread afterwards. You can continue to ignore all i saw, i already posted exactly why people like you do that.

If people don't bother to search about censorship and still play the game happily without knowing, THEY DID NOT CARE. They played the game, they enjoyed it and a random guy saying "hey, did you know what you played and enjoyed was censored?" as if implying they shouldn't have liked it won't make them change their mind. NO ONE from the general masses is going to give the slightest damn that something was censored, much less a fanservice scene of people in a shower, they didn't come to PSO2 to watch that, they came to play the game and, if they already didn't care to watch videos or check for censorship, THEY WILL NOT CARE NOW.

I have easily found people who talk about this, someone else also has and knows exactly what youtubers i mean, YOU DID NOT BOTHER TO FIND THEM. I don't give a damn that you found a random dude, decided to mouth off to him about censorship and he pretended to care, same as people who swear it's a complete travesty that you can't make lolis, i'm sick and tired of knowing that this community is so focused on such stupid worthless arguments like minimal height or a bath scene being removed instead of continuing to focus on actual problems like the game STILL nuking itself if you play it from the MS Store, non-sensical region locks for Steam that make zero sense and have nothing to do with laws or cheaters running rampant on PvP.

Maybe i can get through to someone, most likely not, but STOP already.