Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

@Archetype-Luna said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@YagyuChan That would be great; other game companies have been doing something similar as well. I know Capcom has been doing their developer diaries, having them translated into English. There is just so much to be gained from global communication. The original PSO even had a system where it help bridge language barriers with its phrase system. It somewhat feels like going back to form if they do a global version of PSO2 Station.

I do fear if there are censorship differences that they may get in the way. I know if the height restrictions are kept, JP players in NGS would be able to have both shorter and taller characters than global players. I have also seen some fear from the JP players about their version being censored to bring it in line with the global version.

Japan's been worried about anime censorship as well, considering the infamous text changes of Crunchyroll and of Funimation.

So it's not too far out of the ballpark for Sony to be a main driving force for PSO2, and it's good for Japan to start worrying.

Japan went and passed legal changes to fight for anime/manga anti-piracy rights, so I wouldn't be surprised if video games would be their next target.

When you lose entire scenes, you tend to lose context for the next scene in a story- to which Story Mode is built around.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

When you lose entire scenes, you tend to lose context for the next scene in a story- to which Story Mode is built around.

The scene was the usual bath scene that most animes have, NOTHING of value was lost. Let's not start this ridiculous dance of crying doom because of this.

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

The scene was the usual bath scene that most animes have, NOTHING of value was lost. Let's not start this ridiculous dance of crying doom because of this.

They need to cry wolf to fill the empty void they call a life... Feel pity for them this is all they have

Okay then, so what if it hadn't had been a fanservice scene?

NA does know that JP also censored the game right? Where is the outrage?

The original Yamato got a redesign. http://pso2.jp/players/news/8274/

@Ephemiel It sets a precedent for future scenes to be lost. We will likely have the other bath scenes that actually have a sizable amount of character development removed as well, especially when those scenes refer to the currently removed scene. Censorship brings more censorship.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Actually, from what I can tell, most players on the global servers are not aware that the global version is censored. I talked to some people the other day and they were surprised to learn that there was censorship, especially considering the outfits and emotes that we have and the game's rating by various rating boards.

Also that type of communication is something that we greatly lack on the global servers. Many people have stated that the backlash on the forums would likely not be as bad if we had more communication with the developers. In the Yamato post, they clearly explain why they added Yamato and why they were changing it.

They received feedback on Yamato and listened to that feedback, as well as giving confirmation that they listened to said feedback. That is a very different level of communication that we have in the global servers.

@Archetype-Luna isn't that in and itself telling that the things censored are so insignificant that people have to actually go look for it to know? Yet we get threads like this everywhere constantly about some neet who can't make a loli. My point is they don't care about the "censorship" aspect so much as they just care about making lolis.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Not necessary. Censorship is usually not noticed by the general mass; if it was, then it wouldn't really work. When censorship is performed, you generally don't expect for the mass to realize that it happened. Furthermore, these threads are beyond just making a loli. Often times you need knowledge of the original in order to realize that something has been censored.

For me, I am worried about the cutscene being removed as it sets a precedent for other cutscenes being removed. The cutscenes themselves have nothing to do with lolis and is an example of the censorship snowballing.

But it was, absolutely no use in trying to use "what if" as an excuse.

We will likely have the other bath scenes

We're at the end of Ep 6 in JP and the advent of New Genesis, there is NO OTHER BATH SCENES.

You're desperately trying to find a way to keep pushing this, you're failing.

The scene with the child in the bath? Can't say I'm too shocked. It also doesn't hurt the story at all with it gone. Honestly episode 4 as a whole is a giant anime mess that is quickly forgotten. I am expecting more scenes to get altered with Adam playing God.

Even if NA came forward explaining the censorship people would still be upset. We just let JP slide with it because "NA bad JP good"

Don't try to twist it to something that it isn't. It was purely a fan service scene. Nothing of importance was lost.

I could see actual complaints if they removed scenes from the actual story. This isn't it, pull staws elsewhere.

Censorship is usually not noticed by the general mass

Is that why censorship of any kind is instantly known when countless news sites and youtubers talk about it from the moment it happens?

As i said, you're desperately trying to keep pushing this and you're failing hard, stop already.

But it was, absolutely no use in trying to use "what if" as an excuse.

We will likely have the other bath scenes

We're at the end of Ep 6 in JP and the advent of New Genesis, there is NO OTHER BATH SCENES.

You're desperately trying to find a way to keep pushing this, you're failing.

To add onto this, the rest of the episodes have no other bath scene to them, but there are scenes where "blood" and "stabbings" occur, however I doubt those will get removed since most of those scenes convey important story information.

@Ephemiel There are two more bath scenes later on in EP4 that we have not reached yet in Global. There lines have also already been dubbed.

Scene 2: https://youtu.be/GDMIhgumyzc

Scene 3: https://youtu.be/H4P2VTJStu0

As it stands these two will be removed for the same reasons as the first, and these two actually do have some significant character development.

Also future removed scenes don't have to necessary be bath scenes either. As I said before censorship often brings with it more censorship.

Also, youtubers that take about it and the countless news sites aren't the general mass. They are people with information and are spreading that information. In this case, the general mass are the global players who don't generally visit the forums, reddit, or check social media on the subject.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Perhaps people will still be upset, but I believe more may be accepting of it. An explanation can go a long way, especially when people know their voices are behind heard. Right now we all we have to go on are GM's saying that they will forward our feedback to the devs.

@Ephemiel There are two more bath scenes later on in EP4 that we have not reached yet in Global. There lines have also already been dubbed.

https://youtu.be/GDMIhgumyzc

https://youtu.be/H4P2VTJStu0

As it stands these two will be removed for the same reasons as the first, and these two actually do have some significant character development.

Not sure what "significant character development" do you see there. One of the moments in the first video is, quite literally, one character trying to grab the other and saying "This isn't sexual harassment, it's just some light physical contact, now gimme gimme gimme!!". I'd be surprised if it wasn't removed.

Also, take a nice look at WHO appears in those two and you'll see why it's quite a bit different than the original censored one.

Again, desperately trying to find any strawman possible to push your point and, let me repeat it with caps for you, YOU ARE FAILING.