Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

This thread derailed to personal attacks quite quickly.

INB4 another locked thread because you guys can't contain yourselfs.

@RainGnyu said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@ZorokiHanuke said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Wasn't going to post here, but, as annoying as it may be for some, I suppose I'll give my two cents about this thread and not the censor, since that issue may be already beyond me.

Don’t give the illusion of sitting on the fence and act like your thought process is cohesive for the community because you claim to be neutral with innuendo and reflection of a side.

Pick-a-side don’t be lukewarm!

I did pick my stance, and it's written in plain text in that last post I wrote. This isn't about extremes for me so I can't be fully on one side nor the other. I'm in favor of some censoring. But I didn't agree to all of what was censored nor to all of what was left uncensored. That's my opinion on the whole censor thing.

The rest of the post, though, not only explains my theory as to why we may not see any significant chances for the time being, but also tries to appeal to posters to try and be calmer when expressing their opinions, and to stop trying to silence the other side by demanding the thread to be closed, when it's so easy to just unwatch the thread if people felt they already said their point. Right now, that would be my main message here.

So really, I picked a side long ago. The side of respect, dialogue and reason.

Oh, and nope. I'm not trying to speak all high and mighty. I say this from a humble position, because as I said before, I think all of you are probably smarter than me. Some of you might just need a nudge in the right direction, that's all.

@GamerKillance said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

I can’t wait for the thread to be locked! Also it a personal attack on he cult culture environment some people are trying to create. They trying to desensitized the community. Trying to create an environment of non-responsibility where everything is accepted. Just like they claim censorship leads to more censorship the same can be said for immorality leads to even more immorality.

@GamerKillance said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

I can’t wait for the thread to be locked! Also it a personal attack on he cult culture environment some people are trying to create. They trying to desensitized the community. Trying to create an environment of non-responsibility where everything is accepted. Just like they claim censorship leads to more censorship the same can be said for immorality leads to even more immorality.

I think I see your point, but help me correct it to me if I'm wrong. You fear that the ones talking about removing censoring will "recruit" more people to their side, and the devs will be forced to remove the censors? Is this it? I think that by now, adults being adults may already have their mindset, and someone over the internet may have a hard time convincing someone who's already learned to live with censors, or people who have different morals and cultures and advocate for those censors.

Some people may change sides, but I still see a strong pro censor side that won't die any time soon, and also a big group who don't mind it and will play regardless. You are not alone in your thinking, so I don't think that silencing or not the other side here will do much to change many minds out there.

@Archetype-Luna said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@RainGnyu You ignored the reasoning why some of us don't fully support a toggle system: the amount of work needed to make one. I have gone on record to state that if it was feasible I would support it, but with Sega focusing on NGS and the amount of work needed to make such a toggle, such a thing isn't really feasible. These logistical issues are why I can't give my support to it; I am being a realist in this situation.

Furthermore, there is no cult culture agenda or bandwagon tactics or any type of manipulation. There are only people who care for the game and are vocal about its issues.

You should be supporting the side of censorship until a proper replacement option is available that is fair for both side of the argument of enjoyment. You could careless about my preference along as yours is adhere to. Your opinion of logistics is just that, an opinion and you are welling to muddy the real issue. Why do you want me to witness the censors content. You do understand that the issues involving the censorship content wouldn’t buffer a warning if subjective content before it is witnessed.

All Sega would have to do logistical is add a content window buffer ( Yes or No option to subjective content) just like they do when asking for casual or hard core battle scenes. The logistics is there but you misdirect community comprehension with commits of your so called expertises of Sega having to do massive amounts of work to accomplish, just for the toggle system to work.

Let me ask you this then.

Would you be ok if Sega uncensored the content knowing how I feel about the issue? Even if I quit the game because of the discussion to allow the censored 🤬 content?

You claim to care about the game! Am l not the game?

I don't see why I have to support censorship in any way if I disagree with it on principle.

Also, Sega would have to do so much more than add a content window buffer. The censorship toggle that was originally suggested by Yin wasn't a simple cutscene thing, but something that applied to emotes, cosmetics, the maximum and minimum character height and so on. The censorship is far more reaching than just the cutscene. I am not thinking about just the cutscene, because that is only one example of the censorship done in this game.

So going off that you are focused purely on the cutscene for some reason, if Sega restored the cutscene, all you would have to do is hit escape and click on skip. There done, you don't have to see any cutscene you don't like. If someone isn't willing to do that, that is on their prerogative.

If all you really want it just a cutscene censor, then the skip option already exists; so what you want is already there in game and nothing else has to be added. Plus a toggle would still likely require some work, as they need to flag each cutscene to whether they are affected by the toggle or not.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

I think that by now, adults being adults may already have their mindset

It's not about being adults as some people are simply far too immature, like for example:

@JuggernautGTX said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

mimimi but there are child molester in the game who will abuse it mimimi

(Same level of maturity as sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalala I can't hear you!"

It's about about everyone being firmly entrenched in their own personal beliefs.

given the things above theres no need for a censorship on the story related parts of the game - even if its cringe to some - others actually enjoy these kind of things....and now dont come up with crap that everyone who enjoys watching it is a child molester in real life...get your thoughts straight and dont accuse ppl of something because they enjoy "japanese comedy" wich is shown in dozen if not hundrets of games and have yet to be censored in the west - so thats no point

about the height stuff - just because i have a big bearded dwarf in WoW doesn mean im a child molester...as ten thousends have - its a phantasy - for fun - preference - taking this preference from people doesn make any sense at all

@Mattwo7 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Teufel666 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

That'd be the only legitimate arguement someone could make for wanting to make a small character.

Plenty of people who are shorter IRL are complaining and other games let you make shorter characters including not just the "lolicon/shotacon" ones like Lalafell, Gnomes and that race in Terra as there's also Dwarves in WoW (and probably Warhammer Online), female Miquo'te and female Au Ra) but let's just pretend these facts don't exist. Let's also ignore the fact that the maximum height was also limited, which is entirely nonsensical.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Japan's been worried about anime censorship as well, considering the infamous text changes of Crunchyroll and of Funimation.

Netflix, CR and Funi kind of have a bit of a case-by case monopoly if you count all the exclusives each being monoploized (and no, being on other platforms such as VRV and HBO max doesn't change this fact, just ask the Robotech fanbase), as well as something of an oligopoly. Most of the biggest anime are exclusive to these platforms. This problem simply does not exist in the video game industry. Also Lalafell can wear suggestive outfits on FFXIV's western release and so can gnomes in WoW so this really is 100% apples and oranges.

It's really amazing how you twisted the words of someone who Falzing consistently agreed with you on the height slider needing to be unrestricted. Also no one used the word "molester".

@Rantious said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Good lord is this thread still going? I'm on my 8th bowl of spaggetite already. I thought we all agreed to purge the loli heretics and welcome our furry overlords.

Obvious sarcasm.

@Mattwo7 Entrenching can be another fair way to see it, yeah...

@Mattwo7 too bad that the "big D comments" already got reported and deleted hence i cannot quote them - majority being in the thread with the "forum poster" account wich was about 50+ pages long - and people jumped on that person calling (her?) whatever....also in the other thread we got a person saying things like "hey got some spicy stuff going on with kids in rl" only because the opposite person mentioned that he is working with kids and doesn think the scene in game is "bad" or shows any sexual content....now tell me if "having some spicy stuff with your 7 years old kids going on" dont mean "hey so you are a child molester in rl if you like the stuff showed in pso4" then yes i must be misreading for sure....especially because the person felt heavily attacked after getting such a reply

@JuggernautGTX Oh ok so I'm a troll for missing deleted posts. Got it.

@Mattwo7 you were part of the conversations - so that is my first thought - people got attacked with being "child molester" or "being addicted to kids irl" for making short characters....or got told to "lie about wanting to make chars in their height rl - they only want to create short lolis to erp" idk how that is appropriate in any way

Aaaaanyyyyyway... I've made an edit to the bath scene just to prove it wouldn't be "too hard" to alter. https://youtu.be/Pdlw2phJwlY

@RainGnyu You ignored the reasoning why some of us don't fully support a toggle system: the amount of work needed to make one. I have gone on record to state that if it was feasible I would support it, but with Sega focusing on NGS and the amount of work needed to make such a toggle, such a thing isn't really feasible. These logistical issues are why I can't give my support to it; I am being a realist in this situation.

Furthermore, there is no cult culture agenda or bandwagon tactics or any type of manipulation. There are only people who care for the game and are vocal about its issues.

You should be supporting the side of censorship until a proper replacement option is available that is fair for both side of the argument of enjoyment. You could careless about my preference along as yours is adhere to. Your opinion of logistics is just that, an opinion and you are welling to muddy the real issue. Why do you want me to witness the censors content. You do understand that the issues involving the censorship content wouldn’t buffer a warning if subjective content before it is witnessed.

All Sega would have to do logistical is add a content window buffer ( Yes or No option to subjective content) just like they do when asking for casual or hard core battle scenes. The logistics is there but you misdirect community comprehension with commits of your so called expertises of Sega having to do massive amounts of work to accomplish, just for the toggle system to work.

Let me ask you this then.

Would you be ok if Sega uncensored the content knowing how I feel about the issue? Even if I quit the game because of the discussion to allow the censored 🤬 content?

You claim to care about the game! Am l not the game?

I don't see why I have to support censorship in any way if I disagree with it on principle.

Also, Sega would have to do so much more than add a content window buffer. The censorship toggle that was originally suggested by Yin wasn't a simple cutscene thing, but something that applied to emotes, cosmetics, the maximum and minimum character height and so on. The censorship is far more reaching than just the cutscene. I am not thinking about just the cutscene, because that is only one example of the censorship done in this game.

So going off that you are focused purely on the cutscene for some reason, if Sega restored the cutscene, all you would have to do is hit escape and click on skip. There done, you don't have to see any cutscene you don't like. If someone isn't willing to do that, that is on their prerogative.

If all you really want it just a cutscene censor, then the skip option already exists; so what you want is already there in game and nothing else has to be added.

There you go again! Misdirection agenda tactics!

Can you not comprehend the issue! You just skipping over the whole situation process!

If I don’t know where and when the questionable content is going to manifested itself how in the hell am I going skip over it? You adding a solution that doesn’t solve the problem whatsoever. Just so you can have others see what you have already witnessed. You want content but not being responsible for a cohesive community enjoyment. What you find acceptable others may not. You taking away my enjoyment to satisfy your own. Why is that hard to understand?

@Mattwo7 and even archtype luna got called out for being a pedophile - i am pretty good in "remembering things"

@RainGnyu There is no misdirection agenda tactic.

The moment you see something that you believe you may not like, literally hit escape and skip. The game is M rated; you are likely going to see things meant for mature audiences. What if they fail to include something that you find too provocative? The moment you see that it is taking place in a bathroom, you can just hit esc and click skip.

You also fail to take into account that it isn't as simple as adding in an extra window to tell someone that they may wish to skip the cutscene. Consider each cutscene as an object with a number of labels on them. To make this toggle work for cutscenes, they would have to add an additional label to every cutscene in the game and then add a value to that label to determine whether or not it would be affected by this toggle.

Let's not forget that the removed cutscene are just one of the censorships that have taken place. You also need to have it apply to character heights, certain cosmetics, and so on.

If this was so easy to do; they would have done it in the beginning. The fact that does this actually does take effort is why companies either censor or don't censor.

@Mattwo7 and even archtype luna got called out for being a pedophile - i am pretty good in "remembering things"

Did I ever call anyone pedophile? Don’t misdirect the issues with nonsense. Shadow cloning the real topics!