Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

@JuggernautGTX Right because you made a post based on either completely misreading things or strawmanning and I'm somehow the troll. Amazing.

@Mattwo7

@Mattwo7 said in Why is UwU censored? (Search results fail to answer):

Yea, the fault definitely lies with those morons who keep trying to push the idea that literally all furries are gay pedophiles.

"Gotta love how you didn't quote anything and just made shifta up. Real classy."

throwing the troll ball back at you...can you please keep it for yourself now?

@Mattwo7 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@JuggernautGTX Right because you made a post based on either completely misreading things or strawmanning and I'm somehow the troll. Amazing.

well then lets go

@Alexandrious947 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Height restriction stays. Don't wanna see a buncha lolis in G-strings ruining Phantasy Star.

Cuz you know, hard to take a battle against a great grand being of darkness that wants to destroy the universe, when four to eleven of your fellow arks are both 12 years old in appearance, and VOICE, wearing G-Strings.
Yea....dont wanna see that in NA version. Had my fill in JP. Feel free to disagree, ill just post even worse lewd stuff they are trying to censor that is directly from PSO2 JP. If after watching those and your fine with it or heck, getting randy on it. I may have to call FBI on ya.

Know what any responsible parent would do if they walked into their kids room and saw a flat chested 12 year old girl in barely a skirt and clearly viewable panties doing a chair dance would do?

@Rantious said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Good lord is this thread still going? I'm on my 8th bowl of spaggetite already. I thought we all agreed to purge the loli heretics and welcome our furry overlords.

@RpiesSPIES said in Removing Height Restrictions:

If anyone in here played PSO2 on jp servers for any time at all, you'd know why people want the height restrictions removed. So that they can once again witness dozens of min height characters dressed in suggestive clothes erping in the lobby. Anyone that denies that being an extremely regular thing either never played for longer than a few hours on JP over these past several years, or are lying.

and yes since you been part of most of the discussions i have to call you out for being a troll cause you been reading these things or even respond to them yourself...i am not going to quote all of the 500 replies that imply "all who want the censorship removed are child abuser and only want to create lolis for sex" not even thinking of that short people exist in real life - or guys wanna create short robots - short dwarfs - whatever...and even if this got used as a reply they instantly got a "hey dont come with the i want to create myself in the game that is bullshit you want lolis for erp" reply....these are no strawmans these are real people posting replies on forum

@JuggernautGTX said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

keep your stupid thoughts for yourself

If only you applied this to yourself.

Can we not fight and keep this civil. I rather not have another thread locked or deleted.

@GM-Deynger said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Hi all. At some point I'm going to get the web team to look into having polls on controversial subjects like this, so there would be less of a chance of ... arguments. In the mean time, I'd like to leave this open until we gather the next round of feedback (this week) to see how many unique users have opinions on this matter other than "meh it's fine."

Please show decorum in your responses to others so I can do that (not saying you haven't been, just being proactive.)

to add something to the guys calling this topic a "dead horse" or telling others they should give up cause its "only them wanting it" and "them being a minority" --- first of all there been a bunch of more people on forum who were against censorship - second off all after the GM posted this alot more came in and said they wanna see the censorship being removed - this is not a dead horse this is most probably still being looked into - cause no gm ever closed a thread because the subject about censorship is being a dead horse and should not be further discussed they only got closed because of trolls wanting to fight to get the threads down

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

keep your stupid thoughts for yourself

If only you applied this to yourself.

please enlighten me about the fact that saying "everyone creating a short character is actually creating lolis to erp in game" is not a stupid thought - i must have missed how extremly contributive this must be also nice to read this from you - who literally pesters everyone who is creating a topic you disagree with...wich is in fact every topic other than steam blocks (wich affect you personally)

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Zenny said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Threads with hundreds to thousands of posts

You seem to ignore that those "hundreds to thousands of posts" are mostly people arguing just as we're doing now and the only people actually complaining are 2 or 3. They weren't thousands of posts of people agreeing.

Just like here 😄

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/584/removing-height-restrictions/1048

read through the first 30 pages and youll notice alot of different guys being anti censorship - and many threads wich got closed because of "gentlemen who felt the urgent need of attention" who were all pro censorship wich also had many different people wanting a removal of censorship....saying its "2 or 3 guys" only shows how incapable you are of actually reading through posts...you rather smash in your nonsense and leave to the next thread bashing on people who got concerns about whatever

Please close the thread! This has gone on long enough!

Pointless!

TL DR: its due to prudes in western markets, that are scared of pixels showing a bit of skin. Look at sony, they censor most anime-type games, yet allow the last of us 2 to have a uncensored sex scene in it, which BTW is much worse than anything those anime games have. As for the underage looking characters, its a damn cartoon/videogame, its not real life and they do not exist as actual people. Either way due to how much censorshop is on the playsation platform recently, I am not going to bother with the Ps5 unless I see a change after it comes out, as I mostly play Rpgs, and many of them fit into the anime-style category, and usually get censored in stupid ways, that aren't even needed according to the esrb.

I especially find it stupid in the USA, a anime girl showing a bit of skin? OH NOES must censor that! Full blown super ultra-realistic violence of people getting ripped apart and murdered and such? thats A-OK!.

The censoring of anime-styled games is silly also because you could go to a public beach and probably see worse things than those games contain.

@Scyric said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

TL DR: its due to prudes in western markets, that are scared of pixels showing a bit of skin. Look at sony, they censor most anime-type games, yet allow the last of us 2 to have a uncensored sex scene in it, which BTW is much worse than anything those anime games have. As for the underage looking characters, its a damn cartoon/videogame, its not real life and they do not exist as actual people. Either way due to how much censorshop is on the playsation platform recently, I am not going to bother with the Ps5 unless I see a change after it comes out, as I mostly play Rpgs, and many of them fit into the anime-style category, and usually get censored in stupid ways, that aren't even needed according to the esrb.

I especially find it stupid in the USA, a anime girl showing a bit of skin? OH NOES must censor that! Full blown super ultra-realistic violence of people getting ripped apart and murdered and such? thats A-OK!.

The censoring of anime-styled games is silly also because you could go to a public beach and probably see worse things than those games contain.

No body cares if you don’t buy a PS5 and no body cares about your opinion! You just another PSo2 player like myself.

But I personally enjoy the censorship if you can call it that. I believe Sega has given the community a lot of creative freedom in the game itself with outfit and emote. I am happy how when you report Inappropriate symbol Art you have the option to block it and report the offenders. But just like the censors content in the story line, you don’t know it is coming until You have been exposed to it. Those that are the most vocal on the forums know this and try to cover up the this issue. Notice how they never agree to a Toggle system.

It’s a cult culture agenda with bandwagon tactic with the attempt of manipulating the Dev/GMs of allowing their indoctrination practices on the community platform!

Just pay attention to what is being said why and how they frame their sentence structure in away that negating the toggle system that is both fair and cohesive for the entire community.

@RainGnyu You ignored the reasoning why some of us don't fully support a toggle system: the amount of work needed to make one. I have gone on record to state that if it was feasible I would support it, but with Sega focusing on NGS and the amount of work needed to make such a toggle, such a thing isn't really feasible. These logistical issues are why I can't give my support to it; I am being a realist in this situation.

Furthermore, there is no cult culture agenda or bandwagon tactics or any type of manipulation. There are only people who care for the game and are vocal about its issues.

@PhantasyStar719 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@I can careless about your tactless attempts at trying to justify that virtual pedophilia or other fetishes are ok...

Seriously. My opinion is this : if anyone sees pedophilia in this game, YOU are the one with serious problems.

@Archetype-Luna said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@RainGnyu You ignored the reasoning why some of us don't fully support a toggle system: the amount of work needed to make one. I have gone on record to state that if it was feasible I would support it, but with Sega focusing on NGS and the amount of work needed to make such a toggle, such a thing isn't really feasible. These logistical issues are why I can't give my support to it; I am being a realist in this situation.

Furthermore, there is no cult culture agenda or bandwagon tactics or any type of manipulation. There are only people who care for the game and are vocal about its issues.

You should be supporting the side of censorship until a proper replacement option is available that is fair for both side of the argument of enjoyment. You could careless about my preference along as yours is adhere to. Your opinion of logistics is just that, an opinion and you are welling to muddy the real issue. Why do you want me to witness the censors content. You do understand that the issues involving the censorship content wouldn’t buffer a warning if subjective content before it is witnessed.

All Sega would have to do logistical is add a content window buffer ( Yes or No option to subjective content) just like they do when asking for casual or hard core battle scenes. The logistics is there but you misdirect community comprehension with commits of your so called expertises of Sega having to do massive amounts of work to accomplish, just for the toggle system to work.

Let me ask you this then.

Would you be ok if Sega uncensored the content knowing how I feel about the issue? Even if I quit the game because of the discussion to allow the censored 🤬 content?

You claim to care about the game! Am l not the game?

Wasn't going to post here, but, as annoying as it may be for some, I suppose I'll give my two cents about this thread and not the censor, since that issue may be already beyond me.

To talk about the numbers of people involved, from what I see, it's not too many people posting in favor or against it. There a are a lot of posts, yes, but by the same people. No idea how Steam is going. I have no interest in going into the forum for a game version I'm blocked from playing, and perhaps will always be blocked from playing, which brings me to my next assumption. And yes, these are all assumptions and theories as the devs haven't said a single word about any of this as far as I know.

So, the censor is very likely to stay and there will not be anything to fix it like a toggle or whatever (as much as I'd support such a thing). As Archetype Luna says, that would be too much work. BUT it may already be too much work to even remove the current censor. I'm starting to have the theory that each build of the global game is already done, or mostly done. Or at least there's an amount of pre-work done unlike what we usually see in other similar games. I mean, an 8 year old game with a lot of it's content made years ago. Not much "new" to add.

In my theory, to bring updates with speed, they could have just created all these builds beforehand to release at certain dates without having to create each build from scratch as is the case with other games where updates are only a few months behind the original version. Take most Korean MMOs as examples of this. Anyway, the current caretakers of GPSO2 just have to deploy and fix any broken details if they so happen, like the initial stuttering on PC or those tasty tradeable fresh finds items that so threatened to drive Sega's profits into the ground. But since they need to throw in these quickly because they are needed to work on NG, it's more a deploy and forget thing. Meaning, the build is released with all it's censored glory, but they may not have time to even remove the censor if they wanted to.

Again, this is just a theory. May sound idiotic to privileged and extra educated minds like Mattwo7, but at least poor dumb men like me see logic on such a decision. I mean, it's like making and packing your sandwiches before you go to that camping trip, instead of making them on site, just because you don't want to miss 30 more minutes of fishing or whatever it is you do in your trip.

Now changing subject and looking at the thread. As for what I keep seeing from the participants, I still don't know why some keep floating around this thread if they hate it so much. They have been more than welcome to say their piece, but they just want the stuff closed. They want people to shut up about this because apparently seeing this thread open somehow caused their puppies to die or something. I mean, there's the unwatch button, and the only thing they will be seeing about the thread is it's name when they browse the main General page.

So why exactly must the thread be closed and the people be silenced? I mean, I'm not trying to bias myself too much in favor of the anti censors because I made a thread about supporting some kind of such censoring myself. BUT I've never ever tried to silence the other side, and that's the difference. I can agree and disagree to a bunch of things, but never would I be guilty of trying to silence the other side. You know who does that? You know who actively silences others? Foreign dictatorships. Those are the ones who practice silencing as their weapon to keep power, and I'm sure the people posting here trying to get others to shut up also hate those governments, usually because someone in a seat of power told them so. And that person also told them they have freedom of speech. But that person, depending who it is at whatever time also probably told them about one super ultra valuable thing..

RESPECT

Practicing respect makes your point clearer and maybe even stronger. Posting an opinion without resorting to insults nor vilifying or lowering the value of the opposing point makes your presence stronger, and others will respond by respecting you back. Because no point or opinion deserves disrespect. People deserve correction when they are wrong, but that correction should not come with punishment. Points deserve fair debate, not diminishing. But really, I don't think you all should need to read this from a dumb middle aged rural man. You are part of the Internet and you are young. You should be by definition hyper smart and intelligent. At least more intelligent than us who started gaming with one dumbass stick and a single button...

So yeah, try to heighten your humanity by actually seeing the human in others. Respect, folks. Anyway. My opinion, my friendly advice to all sides.

saying its "2 or 3 guys" only shows how incapable you are of actually reading through posts

Speak for yourself. Read those posts a bit more and tell me that oh so many are crying about censorship and not just a few.

Hell, the OP was talking from the PoV of speedrunners and literally no one should give a damn about them, nor should any dev change anything to accommodate them.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Wasn't going to post here, but, as annoying as it may be for some, I suppose I'll give my two cents about this thread and not the censor, since that issue may be already beyond me.

Don’t give the illusion of sitting on the fence and act like your thought process is cohesive for the community because you claim to be neutral with innuendo and reflection of a side.

Pick-a-side don’t be lukewarm!