Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

@Mattwo7 Probably.

You want to see what RainGnyu started arguing wtih me about just for hte hell of it?

@Mattwo7 Haha fair enough mate.

Honestly, I'm starting to feel there's some shady shit going on now.

@Mattwo7 I point out Raingnyu's slander to weaken his position, not because I am trying to whine about it.

Also, I believe the Steam page is managed by Sega of Europe whom if you directly message about PSO2 will redirect you to this site. I am not sure if anything will come from it. I am skeptical if any discussion on Steam will be forwarded to Sega of Japan in any way.

It can also be a bit difficult to talk out on certain things due to the Leaks & Data Mining rules on the PSO2 Steam Discussion.

@GamerKillance I don't think it's up to Microsoft. Pretty sure Sega is still ultimately in charge. These types of issues aren't something that is ever addressed quick. Who knows if it will ever be addressed. No hurt in trying.

Forums have always been a minority. Plenty of people out there, enjoying the game but are still annoyed the game is censored. I mean Bluehole eventually flipped on their decision to censor Tera in NA. Pretty much everything has been reverted back for Elin besides the really old armor. All the new outfits that come out are uncensored.

The forums also looked similar. Threads with hundreds to thousands of posts. Yet the people playing the game clearly spoke with their wallets. So forums might be a minority but there are definitely plenty of people out there who would probably prefer the game without censorship. Most people who do come to the forums say what they want to say and don't bother engaging after that.

@Zenny said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Threads with hundreds to thousands of posts

You seem to ignore that those "hundreds to thousands of posts" are mostly people arguing just as we're doing now and the only people actually complaining are 2 or 3. They weren't thousands of posts of people agreeing.

Just like here 😄

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@GamerKillance said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

alt text

At this point they're nuking the horse.

This! Over 9000!

GMs please close this thread!

@Ephemiel I don't ignore it. I already know it's amplified because of discussion. It's more like hundreds for forums and even in those discussions there's always been more in favor over less.

Let's see...

Topics I've already covered:

-Japan has experienced prior negative feedback for the Storyline, and could've made the pre-emptive nuke for one reason or another.

-The JP Producer has changed content to contain the fictional world before, so while some parts aren't historical like Yamato, it shouldn't be too odd for Japan to expect to see some parts of PSO2 removed in a Global release.

-Westernization has always been weird, which could be why it was nuked.

-Sony/Microsoft is the infamous new "Censorship Company" when it comes to content from Japan.

-The scene could've been redesigned with all new scenery, text, and contained recycled animations via the in game Emote data, but the pandemic has the staff rushing for completion before the release of NGS. (Even though they literally had eight years to prepare everything.)

Topics already disputed:

-Game was originally slated for Teen Rating, rather than Mature, and SEGA is keeping mum about it.

I got nothing, aside from an aliens meme joke.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

(Even though they literally had eight years to prepare everything.)

No they didn't. They might have been cautious during perhaps EPISODE 1 or 2's develoment but everything past that was made on the assumption that the game would never see the light of day outside of Japan. There was no actual 'delay' in the sense that content was still being prepared just in case the game were to be released outside of Japan... the release was pretty much cancelled and revived when Microsoft asked for it in 2019 and even so what progress was made on localization for the original intended 2013 release was even tossed aside.

@Mattwo7 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@SleeprunnerInc said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Fazer's GEISHA chocolate. BEcause apparently some troll said it was insulting towards Japanese and asian people, the same with the Eskimo ice cream.

The whole Inuit racial slur thing I understand but why is using "Geisha" in the brand name of chocolate considered offensive exactly? It's not even a beauty product (because if it was I would at least somewhat understand the rationale behind considering it offensive).

@Alineah said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

maybe sega can add a censored mode for those people, which should keep everyone happy

While I agree that the censorship should be optional for the most part (and even with that option they should least change or replace the bath scene so a Fazling newborn with the mind and body of a five year old doesn't feel up a teenager with said teenager responding by telling the kid to keep going (how is this not more sexual than a skimpy outfit? Did every anti-censorship person here just collectively decide to not consider why she wanted him to keep going?), the idea that everyone can be made happy with something like this is insanely idealistic (I say idealistic and not optimistic because I am a realist, not a pessimist).

Remember when Fire Emblem added the option to disable permadeath? Remember the backlash to people asking for an easy mode in Dark Souls? (even though history has long past proven that this would only serve to improve game sales and and only a select few opposed to the idea would actually stop playing the games, (in fact, I'm entirely certain most of the anti-cencorship crowd here (to be clear I'm mostly netrual myself as I don't like the restrictions to the height slider but as I've stated multiple times in this thread, I am opposed to bath scene as it played out, I'm also opposed to Al being naked when he first appears but no one seems to care about that being censored anyway) are still playing the game))

meh I can go on with how much bs fireemblem has that the addition is the least of my worries, it takes trial and error with perma death and youre just going to reset the game anyways because you dont expect a new wave of troops to appear out of the blue and slaughter your people left and right because you weren't prepared for it. Also when it comes to dark souls, theres a lot of difficulty when it comes to balancing difficulty when you want the experience to still be similar, and it's not like the game is going to be so unfair to you, you can always take your time to become stronger before taking more of the content head on, or you can think of your plans or how to deal with enemies, etc, the game throws tools at you that you have to look for, youre basically going to thumb down the experience if you simply just slap difficulty being easy because dark souls is built around the world and not just the gameplay itself, its not in the likes of a game like Bayonetta where it's mainly centered around gameplay.

Kinda reminds me of how some car enthusiasts have called car manufacturers sellouts for releasing sports cars with automatic transmissions when they haven't before despite the fact that automatic transmission these days are superior to manual ones in most situations except for things like drifting(and it helps them keep profiting in those cars on top of that).

• is the story BS to some of us? yes it is i am not into some teenie drama BS and rather love actual sci-fi phantasy horror action kinda stuff - are we given the option to skip? yes we have that -is the story BS to all of us? as i could read through posts nope there are people into some "japanese comedy" ... while i am sitting there with my serious face watching japanese comedy and how all of the guys keep laughing over nonsense...it jus isn my thing...but because i dislike it is it a reason to censor it? i guess not...giving me the option to skip BS is enough for me

given the things above theres no need for a censorship on the story related parts of the game - even if its cringe to some - others actually enjoy these kind of things....and now dont come up with crap that everyone who enjoys watching it is a child molester in real life...get your thoughts straight and dont accuse ppl of something because they enjoy "japanese comedy" wich is shown in dozen if not hundrets of games and have yet to be censored in the west - so thats no point

about the height stuff - just because i have a big bearded dwarf in WoW doesn mean im a child molester...as ten thousends have - its a phantasy - for fun - preference - taking this preference from people doesn make any sense at all

mimimi but there are child molester in the game who will abuse it mimimi - keep your stupid thoughts for yourself - just because you want it to happen doesn mean it happens....if somebody is into midgets then let him be into midgets - doesn mean they are no human beings who have a right of existing so stop that trash talk and call them "kids" or even compare them to rl kids...what the hell is wrong with some people?

@JuggernautGTX Gotta love how you didn't quote anything and just made shifta up. Real classy.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

-Sony/Microsoft is the infamous new "Censorship Company" when it comes to content from Japan.

How many times do I have to mention Lalafell wearing skimpy outfits, even on PS4?

-Game was originally slated for Teen Rating, rather than Mature, and SEGA is keeping mum about it.

That wasn't the ESRB, it was an international group the ESRB just happened to be part of. The ESRB then rated the game themselves and decided that the rating wasn't right.

but the pandemic has the staff rushing for completion before the release of NGS.

I highly doubt the pandemic has anything to do with it.

@Mattwo7 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

maybe sega can add a censored mode for those people, which should keep everyone happy

the idea that everyone can be made happy with something like this is insanely idealistic (I say idealistic and not optimistic because I am a realist, not a pessimist).

meh I can go on with how much bs fireemblem has that the addition is the least of my worries, it takes trial and error with perma death and youre just going to reset the game anyways because you dont expect a new wave of troops to appear out of the blue and slaughter your people left and right because you weren't prepared for it. Also when it comes to dark souls, theres a lot of difficulty when it comes to balancing difficulty when you want the experience to still be similar, and it's not like the game is going to be so unfair to you, you can always take your time to become stronger before taking more of the content head on, or you can think of your plans or how to deal with enemies, etc, the game throws tools at you that you have to look for, youre basically going to thumb down the experience if you simply just slap difficulty being easy because dark souls is built around the world and not just the gameplay itself, its not in the likes of a game like Bayonetta where it's mainly centered around gameplay.

Kinda reminds me of how some car enthusiasts have called car manufacturers sellouts for releasing sports cars with automatic transmissions when they haven't before despite the fact that automatic transmission these days are superior to manual ones in most situations except for things like drifting(and it helps them keep profiting in those cars on top of that).

I rest my case.

@Mattwo7 sorry for not going through 1000 replies again only to quote things wich i quoted about 100 times again just to prove that people exist who think - anything shorter than 1.50 = loli - creating anything shorter than 1.50 = evil child abuser who sexualize children - this was said about 500 times and i really dont feel the need to quote that stuff again

really classy of you to reply to me with such a troll response