Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Zenny said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Ephemiel That's the thing though. Most do not search for this. They see a trailer or news a game is releasing and they download it when it launches.

I like to keep up to date with Eastern MMO releases but I generally do not find out about the censorship unless someone on the forums or discord mentions it because I don't automatically assume it's going to be censored. Some haven't. Now that I think about it, every time I've found out about censorship it's been because someone mentioned it on the forums.

If you aren't using forums or actively searching for this you wouldn't even know. As an example, I talked to a guy I was in a Advanced quest with last week about censorship and he actually had no idea the game was censored. When I told him what was he thought it was pretty ridiculous and shouldn't have been changed. He didn't care too much for height as it didn't affect him but didn't seem pleased overall. These people are the actual masses.

I'm going to say this again and i'll say it as clear as possible because you and Luna are legitimately irritating. I'm gone from this dumb echo chamber thread afterwards. You can continue to ignore all i saw, i already posted exactly why people like you do that.

If people don't bother to search about censorship and still play the game happily without knowing, THEY DID NOT CARE. They played the game, they enjoyed it and a random guy saying "hey, did you know what you played and enjoyed was censored?" as if implying they shouldn't have liked it won't make them change their mind. NO ONE from the general masses is going to give the slightest damn that something was censored, much less a fanservice scene of people in a shower, they didn't come to PSO2 to watch that, they came to play the game and, if they already didn't care to watch videos or check for censorship, THEY WILL NOT CARE NOW.

I have easily found people who talk about this, someone else also has and knows exactly what youtubers i mean, YOU DID NOT BOTHER TO FIND THEM. I don't give a damn that you found a random dude, decided to mouth off to him about censorship and he pretended to care, same as people who swear it's a complete travesty that you can't make lolis, i'm sick and tired of knowing that this community is so focused on such stupid worthless arguments like minimal height or a bath scene being removed instead of continuing to focus on actual problems like the game STILL nuking itself if you play it from the MS Store, non-sensical region locks for Steam that make zero sense and have nothing to do with laws or cheaters running rampant on PvP.

Maybe i can get through to someone, most likely not, but STOP already

Eph i think they are off their meds honestly... But im done too i may just find a lobby that is sane and hang there but ill be honest... I dont think this community will ever grow up.

Guess its back to farming veldspar for me

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Ephemiel That's the thing though. Most do not search for this. They see a trailer or news a game is releasing and they download it when it launches.

I like to keep up to date with Eastern MMO releases but I generally do not find out about the censorship unless someone on the forums or discord mentions it because I don't automatically assume it's going to be censored. Some haven't. Now that I think about it, every time I've found out about censorship it's been because someone mentioned it on the forums.

If you aren't using forums or actively searching for this you wouldn't even know. As an example, I talked to a guy I was in a Advanced quest with last week about censorship and he actually had no idea the game was censored. When I told him what was he thought it was pretty ridiculous and shouldn't have been changed. He didn't care too much for height as it didn't affect him but didn't seem pleased overall. These people are the actual masses.

I'm going to say this again and i'll say it as clear as possible because you and Luna are legitimately irritating. I'm gone from this dumb echo chamber thread afterwards. You can continue to ignore all i saw, i already posted exactly why people like you do that.

If people don't bother to search about censorship and still play the game happily without knowing, THEY DID NOT CARE. They played the game, they enjoyed it and a random guy saying "hey, did you know what you played and enjoyed was censored?" as if implying they shouldn't have liked it won't make them change their mind. NO ONE from the general masses is going to give the slightest damn that something was censored, much less a fanservice scene of people in a shower, they didn't come to PSO2 to watch that, they came to play the game and, if they already didn't care to watch videos or check for censorship, THEY WILL NOT CARE NOW.

I have easily found people who talk about this, someone else also has and knows exactly what youtubers i mean, YOU DID NOT BOTHER TO FIND THEM. I don't give a damn that you found a random dude, decided to mouth off to him about censorship and he pretended to care, same as people who swear it's a complete travesty that you can't make lolis, i'm sick and tired of knowing that this community is so focused on such stupid worthless arguments like minimal height or a bath scene being removed instead of continuing to focus on actual problems like the game STILL nuking itself if you play it from the MS Store, non-sensical region locks for Steam that make zero sense and have nothing to do with laws or cheaters running rampant on PvP.

Maybe i can get through to someone, most likely not, but STOP already.

The game nuking itself from the MS Store won't be fixed unless Microsoft actually steps forward. The issue from that comes from how the store interacts with PSO2's launcher and how it dislikes another programming patching the game. I don't think there is much Sega can do about it and it is something they have to work with Microsoft to get fixed. If anything, they likely have to abandon the launcher and use the store as the launcher, which would likely require a bit of set up with Microsoft.

I am not knowledgeable in how region locks with steam are handled, however there is no reason why feedback on both can't be sent. I don't believe feedback on either issue would interfere with each other. I'd imagine the region lock would simply require Sega to contact Steam.

There is no reason why we have to stop. It is clear that we certain things differently, however just because you do not see any value in the issues we see value in does not mean we have to remain silent on the issue we care about. We aren't breaking any forum rules by doing so. If you don't like the subject, the easiest thing to do is to not participate in the thread. There are plenty of other threads on the forum. The only person making you participate in these threads is yourself.

There is no reason for any hostility.

This post is deleted!

@Ephemiel lol you need to chill out. You can enjoy a game, continue to play and still care or dislike that it is censored. What you are saying just isn't true at all. I care the game is censored and I'm still enjoying the game overall already proving what you said is completely false. All I'm doing is putting up with it because ultimately SEGA is the only one who can make changes.

Barely anyone searches for censorship changes before they start playing a game. Like I said I do not automatically assume a game will be censored. Obviously after finding out people may or may not care as some have demonstrated. To say no one is a far stretch.

Like Luna said, as soon as the censorship starts it doesn't end. It isn't even really just about height or some scenes. It's about overall censorship targeting all areas of the game which will progressively get worse.

@Ephemiel lol you need to chill out. You can enjoy a game, continue to play and still care or dislike that it is censored. What you are saying just isn't true at all. I care the game is censored and I'm still enjoying the game overall already proving what you said is completely false. All I'm doing is putting up with it because ultimately SEGA is the only one who can make changes.

Barely anyone searches for censorship changes before they start playing a game. Like I said I do not automatically assume a game will be censored. Obviously after finding out people may or may not care as some have demonstrated. To say no one is a far stretch.

Like Luna said, as soon as the censorship starts it doesn't end. It isn't even really just about height or some scenes. It's about overall censorship targeting all areas of the game which will progressively get worse.

tenor.gif

Let it get worse.... Just know i hope it gets so bad that we finally can put this subject to rest, once and for all!.. Come forward brothers and sisters... Show no mercy

Didn't really pay much attention to previous topics. Read the first post of this topic and many of the responses make me feel sorry for Leonkh99 and Archetype Luna.

Before continuing, I should say I've completed the portion of Episode 4's story quests we have so far (up to chapter 4). I've watched the deleted scene and to me it kind of builds on character relationships. It's not in ways that couldn't be assumed anyway, but considering Episodes 1-3 often felt like they were skipping pages of character interaction I wonder if I'm just used to gaps in writing to the point that removing a scene doesn't feel out of place?

I haven't seen the other two linked scenes because I hear they contain spoilers so I can't consider whether they've got more development or are as likely to be removed.

@PhantasyStar719 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

I truly think the subject matter is just getting into distorted noise at this point they continually are spamming new threads trying to keep this "false news" alive.

At least one scene has been removed, correct? That would mean it's not false news (fake news?). Calling it such not only harms your credibility but also that of anything that is correctly called false/fake news.

Rain id suggest going to Lunas other threads in the suggestion section and request they get closed too

To me this just comes across as targeted harassment.

It feels like some people here have concluded that the GMs are looking for excuses to close certain topics, and are only too happy to incite drama and uncivil behaviour because they want what would otherwise be a civil discussion to be buried and never spoken of. Which, amusingly, is a malicious form of censorship.

Ultimately we know this scene has been removed. This topic isn't a protest against that, and doesn't actively seek to change it. Leonkh99 has instead sought to provide possible explanations as to why the removal happened, most of which if true would not provide any avenue to challenge the removal but would instead help users understand and potentially accept it.

To me this seems a perfectly responsible and reasonable approach to take. If the GMs or another representative of localisation were to speak up and give a meritorious reason that this scene and potentially others had to be removed, that would provide the substantiation some posters in this topic seek (or have already claimed to exist) to draw a line under the matter in a way that hopefully everyone could accept and move on from.

Wouldn't that be for the best?

@Miraglyth said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Didn't really pay much attention to previous topics. Read the first post of this topic and many of the responses make me feel sorry for Leonkh99 and Archetype Luna.

Before continuing, I should say I've completed the portion of Episode 4's story quests we have so far (up to chapter 4). I've watched the deleted scene and to me it kind of builds on character relationships. It's not in ways that couldn't be assumed anyway, but considering Episodes 1-3 often felt like they were skipping pages of character interaction I wonder if I'm just used to gaps in writing to the point that removing a scene doesn't feel out of place?

I haven't seen the other two linked scenes because I hear they contain spoilers so I can't consider whether they've got more development or are as likely to be removed.

I truly think the subject matter is just getting into distorted noise at this point they continually are spamming new threads trying to keep this "false news" alive.

At least one scene has been removed, correct? That would mean it's not false news (fake news?). Calling it such not only harms your credibility but also that of anything that is correctly called false/fake news.

Rain id suggest going to Lunas other threads in the suggestion section and request they get closed too

It feels like some people here have concluded that the GMs are looking for excuses to close certain topics, and are only too happy to incite drama and uncivil behaviour because they want what would otherwise be a civil discussion to be buried and never spoken of. Which, amusingly, is a malicious form of censorship.

Ultimately we know this scene has been removed. This topic isn't a protest against that, and doesn't actively seek to change it. Leonkh99 has instead sought to provide possible explanations as to why the removal happened, most of which if true would not provide any avenue to challenge the removal but would instead help users understand and potentially accept it.

To me this seems a perfectly responsible and reasonable approach to take. If the GMs or another representative of localisation were to speak up and give a meritorious reason that this scene and potentially others had to be removed, that would provide the substantiation some posters in this topic seek (or have already claimed to exist) to draw a line under the matter in a way that hopefully everyone could accept and move on from.

200.gif

I am sorry but I strongly disagree because Luna approach to issues is to incite change through forum bandwagon. It started with SG, then hight and now censors content makes me wonder why so much effort. I understand the pro’s and con’s of these discussions but no solution is accepted even when both side benefits. Luna has a tendency to negate any fair solution that does not fall in his/her agenda and perception. I also have noticed that If the opinions of other perceptions of the censors content is with Sega, Luna tends mock their perspective with content that wasn’t censored as if he/she has a credit masters degree in philosophy and psychology in mental awareness just to strengthen his/her argument. Kind-of-reminds me of this........ https://youtu.be/hIdsjNGCGz4

If you didn’t know Luna! You not Will!

@RainGnyu said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

I am sorry but I strongly disagree because Luna approach to issues is to incite change through forum bandwagon. It started with SG, then hight and now censors content makes me wonder why so much effort. I understand the pro’s and con’s of these discussions but no solution is accepted even when both side benefits. Luna has a tendency to negate any fair solution that does not fall in his/her agenda and perception. I also have noticed that If the opinions of other perceptions of the censors content is with Sega, Luna tends mock their perspective with content that wasn’t censored as if he/she has a credit masters degree in philosophy and psychology in mental awareness just to strengthen his argument. Kind-of-reminds me of this........ https://youtu.be/hIdsjNGCGz4

If you didn’t know Luna! You not Will!

Thanks for having my back ole friend 😃

Not surprised this thread exploded after the semantics made a return.

I would agree that censorship is a concern when we're losing vital plot details or interactions that take away from the game. But all of the focus centers solely around being unable to see characters below the age of consent naked and groping each other while naked, and not being able to make little girl characters. No matter how you spin it, nothing of real value is lost. The cut content in Oracle or design changes are good points--but why aren't the people spearheading the censorship argument including those? Because it's not about censorship at the end of the day.

@PhantasyStar719 Btw love the Eve gif lmao

@ApollosAmour said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

The cut content in Oracle or design changes are good points--but why aren't the people spearheading the censorship argument including those?

I was going to stay out of these topics but I'd like to share my view on this. I for one have always stated that I can see why the height restrictions is in the game and I don't see it changing. I may not like it cause I don't like censorship but accepted that's probably how it's going to be.

There were people that are worried about other censorship in the previously nuked threads - texture changes and removals in layered wear, furnishings, team rooms - the more aggressive chat censors (I'm not talking about profanity filter) limiting chat while RMT spam goes on for days. But in the end, we all end up getting lumped together with height crowd. What's the point of arguing and debating when all you hear from the other side is "YOU'RE A PEDO" or "THIS IS AMERICA"

@HarmlessSyan If I were you, I would honestly stress that your take has nothing to do with the height restriction, even though it is part of the altered or cut content. The only reason that the EP4 scenes and height are a hot topic is because those vocal about it have dominated the conversation. It's very polluted with bad arguments right now that ultimately lead down that path because they don't care about the bigger picture.

I think if there was a thread highlighting the other content that didn't tolerate the height cap conversation (especially since it's spanned at least 4 topics by now), it would probably be given more respect.

Who is for the censorship?

Who is against the censorship?

I am for the censorship?

I want to personally know......

Naw - you simply have the right of it. The scene that was removed in Episode 4 offered very little in the way of character building outside of generic anime JRPG bath-time talk (That is, devolving within two minutes into mindless groping and boob size comparisons).

The way some people were speaking, you'd be remiss for thinking that it offered some deep dive into Khori or Hitsugi's past, or Al's childish behavior...but ah...it didn't.

As others have said - nothing of value was lost with the removal of the scene. It was likely removed due to the characters in it being under aged, and Sega and Microsoft both not really wanting to deal with any kind of backlash that might come from that.

@RainGnyu said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

that would provide the substantiation some posters in this topic seek (or have already claimed to exist) to draw a line under the matter in a way that hopefully everyone could accept and move on from.

I am sorry but I strongly disagree because Luna

Please, I don't find it constructive to make personal attacks or to baseline any response to my post on a disagreement with someone who is not me, whose words I have not repeated.

All I have said is, if we can understand the reasons for content removal or changing and if they are good reasons, it'd make it easier to draw a line under it. Not everyone is opposing "censorship". For some of us it is just a question the game could benefit from seeing answered. I don't believe getting that question hidden away and pretending it doesn't exist is going to bring that benefit.