Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

@Archetype-Luna said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Also, youtubers that take about it and the countless news sites aren't the general mass. They are people with information and are spreading that information. In this case, the general mass are the global players who don't generally visit the forums, reddit, or check social media on the subject.

So you're admitting that the general mass, who do not bother checking forums or reddit or videos, would not care in the slightest about this since they actively don't bother to check anything and would not even know nor care that something was censored.

You literally destroyed your own argument with this.

Also future removed scenes

I want you to use your brain to think about WHY this was censored and then go check any other scene from Ep 5 and 6. I sure wonder if any of those two episodes have scenes of underage characters bathing.

Let me repeat this because i'm very tired of you, YOU ARE FAILING. Stop desperately trying to grab straws, people who come from JP know what's coming and nothing is like these scenes, your "but what if" argument is WORTHLESS when we know what's to come.

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Ephemiel There are two more bath scenes later on in EP4 that we have not reached yet in Global. There lines have also already been dubbed.

https://youtu.be/GDMIhgumyzc

https://youtu.be/H4P2VTJStu0

As it stands these two will be removed for the same reasons as the first, and these two actually do have some significant character development.

Not sure what "significant character development" do you see there. One of the moments in the first video is, quite literally, one character trying to grab the other and saying "This isn't sexual harassment, it's just some light physical contact, now gimme gimme gimme!!". I'd be surprised if it wasn't removed.

Also, take a nice look at WHO appears in those two and you'll see why it's quite a bit different than the original censored one.

Again, desperately trying to find any strawman possible to push your point and, let me repeat it with caps for you, YOU ARE FAILING.

@Ephemiel It details the relationships between the characters who were once enemies, not to mention it gives more information on Phaleg's personality, such as how even she is sensitive about her age not to mention implying how she is able to detect us spying on them.

The character that is missing from the second scene but is in the first scene, is Al. Nothing with the first scene was incredibly explicit with Al. If anything the first scene just established Al's innocent nature even further.

I don't see how the general mass not checking reddit of videos destroys my argument. Censorship works because the general mass do not know about it. If the general mass knew about it, what would the point of censoring it in the first place be?

I thought about why it was censored and I still believe it was unnecessary censored.

I'll say this, I'm probably not going to stop pushing this. You are free to think of me however you want. However, to me this is a meaningful usage of my time. I don't believe I am failing and I refuse to give up on the matter. You are free to block me or ignore me however you wish, that is your prerogative. However it is my prerogative to continue on with this matter.

@Ephemiel There are two more bath scenes later on in EP4 that we have not reached yet in Global. There lines have also already been dubbed.

https://youtu.be/GDMIhgumyzc

https://youtu.be/H4P2VTJStu0

As it stands these two will be removed for the same reasons as the first, and these two actually do have some significant character development.

Not sure what "significant character development" do you see there. One of the moments in the first video is, quite literally, one character trying to grab the other and saying "This isn't sexual harassment, it's just some light physical contact, now gimme gimme gimme!!". I'd be surprised if it wasn't removed.

Also, take a nice look at WHO appears in those two and you'll see why it's quite a bit different than the original censored one.

Again, desperately trying to find any strawman possible to push your point and, let me repeat it with caps for you, YOU ARE FAILING.

@Ephemiel It details the relationships between the characters who were once enemies, not to mention it gives more information on Phaleg's personality, such as how even she is sensitive about her age not to mention implying how she is able to detect us spying on them.

The character that is missing from the second scene but is in the first scene, is Al. Nothing with the first scene was incredibly explicit with Al. If anything the first scene just established Al's innocent nature even further.

I don't see how the general mass not checking reddit of videos destroys my argument. Censorship works because the general mass do not know about it. If the general mass knew about it, what would the point of censoring it in the first place be?

I thought about why it was censored and I still believe it was unnecessary censored.

I'll say this, I'm probably not going to stop pushing this. You are free to think of me however you want. However, to me this is a meaningful usage of my time. I don't believe I am failing and I refuse to give up on the matter. You are free to block me or ignore me however you wish, that is your prerogative. However it is my prerogative to continue on with this matter.

Your progative in whos view certainly not ours... Time to cut your losses kiddo

Also, youtubers that take about it and the countless news sites aren't the general mass. They are people with information and are spreading that information. In this case, the general mass are the global players who don't generally visit the forums, reddit, or check social media on the subject.

So you're admitting that the general mass, who do not bother checking forums or reddit or videos, would not care in the slightest about this since they actively don't bother to check anything and would not even know nor care that something was censored.

You literally destroyed your own argument with this.

Also future removed scenes

I want you to use your brain to think about WHY this was censored and then go check any other scene from Ep 5 and 6. I sure wonder if any of those two episodes have scenes of underage characters bathing.

Let me repeat this because i'm very tired of you, YOU ARE FAILING. Stop desperately trying to grab straws, people who come from JP know what's coming and nothing is like these scenes, your "but what if" argument is WORTHLESS when we know what's to come.

luna has been arguing for days on 5 different threads... Its disgusting to say the least. I uninstalled the game because of their bullshit.. I cant just play anymore.. This harassment by people shoving their views down people's throat needs to end here. I want to play and enjoy my time but people like this just annoying the hell out of me and ruin my gaming experience

If we compared this to the SG outrage, there wasn't much outrage seen in game. It was general limited to places like the forum. People still bought SG and whaled on the SG scratches. Plenty of people didn't realize how different NA was being monetized at the time in regards to SG.

All I am doing is stating my opinion on a matter that I feel strongly about. I am not breaking any forum rules that I am aware of; I am participating in civil discussion on the matter and fully accept if someone wishes to block or ignore me. My views are my views and their views are their views.

I respect the opposing opinion, but that does not mean I must accept it as fact. I understand that I may never get anywhere with this, but I choose to hold on to hope, as it is my prerogative to continue expressing myself. There are ways to ignore me if anyone does not wish to see my posts.

No one is forcing anyone to participate in these topics other than themselves. Anyone can easily choose to mute the thread and never look at it or similar threads.

This post is deleted!

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Not necessary. Censorship is usually not noticed by the general mass; if it was, then it wouldn't really work. When censorship is performed, you generally don't expect for the mass to realize that it happened. Furthermore, these threads are beyond just making a loli. Often times you need knowledge of the original in order to realize that something has been censored.

Demonstrably false. Most prominent example being movies that are edited for content for broadcast television. A form of censorship everyone is aware of and functions just fine.

I'd try to avoid these kind of broad proclamations. Not everything you dislike is evidence of nefarious intentions.

@RainGnyu said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@GamerKillance said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

alt text

Funny .....but true!

It is why God invented official forums.

Censorship is usually not noticed by the general mass

Is that why censorship of any kind is instantly known when countless news sites and youtubers talk about it from the moment it happens?

As i said, you're desperately trying to keep pushing this and you're failing hard, stop already.

That is just not true at all when it comes to MMOs.

Censorship in a MMO generally goes unnoticed by the masses unless you use forums. I'm sure more people would be annoyed if they knew they were getting a choppy censored version of the game that could potentially get far worse as time goes on.

@Zenny said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Yes it is, you not finding youtubers, or not bothering to find them, who say it doesn't mean it's not true. I actively follow multiple youtubers who talk about whatever big MMO is coming and they ALWAYS mention when something ends up being censored for the Western release. Pretty much everyone who talks about upcoming games, especially if they have accounts in their original regions, mentions about any censoring.

I'm sure more people would be annoyed if they knew they were getting a choppy censored version of the game

Yeah, because removing this scene makes the game "choppy and censored". Do you guys live in an echo chamber?

Yes it is, you not finding youtubers who say it doesn't mean it's not true. I actively follow multiple youtubers who talk about whatever big MMO is coming and they ALWAYS mention when something ends up being censored for the Western release.

I know of a few personally...

I truly think that Luna and the rest of their followers are completely disillusioned to how life really operates. I truly think the subject matter is just getting into distorted noise at this point they continually are spamming new threads trying to keep this "false news" alive. I am truly losing faith in the community at this point and as stated before I had to uninstall the game because of how things are both in game and out of it at this point.

I truly hope things change so i can actually do my dailies and missions in peace without having to deal with the constant toxicity in game and on the forums here. I only monitor what is going on hoping for a shred of light in this darkness. Wonder if this game will ever truly recover.... if not there is always NGS...

GMs please close this thread this topic has already been discussed. OP trying to rehash an old thread discussion that been closed by the GMs.

This post is deleted!

SG backlash was more widespread than the censorship issue...... Like it was on Twitter, Reddit, 4Chan, Facebook, Discord, in-game, etc.

It actually got (somewhat) addressed in terms of the methods of getting SG that we didn't have at the start.