Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship

@Archetype-Luna said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

What about Hitsugi acting as the sane person and calling Kohri out on her behavior? The scene does have counterbalances.

IIRC, Hitsugi only calls her out on her sexual deviancy and not the fact that she's a teenage equivalent of a pedofile. (I tried finding the exact term but it seems that pubescent teenagers attracted to prepubescent kids are just called pedofiles)

@Archetype-Luna said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Ashlette-Era There is a bit of a difference between watching it on youtube and in game. It also sets a precedent for additional censorship.

Also, I don't think RainGnyu is saying the PSO2 NA team is forcing things on people; I think he is trying to say I, and other people who share my opinion, am trying to force things on people by advocating for the scenes to be restored.

He has specifically called me out before.

You keep advocating Sega is going to add additional censorship which is an opinionated statement. But never giving a solution to the issue and when one is provided you fine subjective opinionated and not factual evidence to the contrary. The solution (toggle censorship system) supports both side of the argument with fairness and the personalized experience both sided of the issues can enjoy. Yes it would be easier to just release the censors content but then you alienate those who don’t want to be subjected to that experience. Your experience is not my experience and for you to not advocate for community cohesiveness by not supporting the toggle censorship system, leads me to personally believe you have an alternative agenda which involves a cult culture community. I don’t want to be apart of your indoctrination attempts.

@Mattwo7 I think she is calling her out on both accounts when she yells, "What is wrong with you?"

@RainGnyu Because they have shown that they have. The height restriction was censorship, then they removed the gender restricted doors in the Hotspring Alliance Base, and now this. This is the latest in a series of censorship.

If someone doesn't want to see this scene, they can easily hit escape and skip. It is really that simple. Just a button press and a mouse click. At most, three button presses on a controller. Anyone who doesn't want to see it can easily skip it; it is really that simple. There is no need for a complex toggle when someone can just skip the cutscene.

It is not opinionated to say that the censorship toggle, which would likely not just affect cutscenes but also various cosmetics in the game as well as the height limitation, and so on, would require a great deal of work. There is no existing framework to work off from and it is fact that the developmental focus is currently NGS.

I've actually worked with databases used in applications; I know how altering the database can require you to rewrite significant parts of the programming code.

What I find intriguing isn't how mundane this topic is, but how players here think Microsoft cares about their feelings on this matter.

If they cared they would of put everything back. They aren't doing that so it's very obvious they aren't flipping on the decision to add them back in. Interesting how the same few people who argue in every thread think they have the power to change their minds. From the server density it shows that the people here are clearly the minority.

@GamerKillance said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

What I find intriguing isn't how mundane this topic is, but how players here think Microsoft cares about their feelings on this matter.

If they cared they would of put everything back. They aren't doing that so it's very obvious they aren't flipping on the decision to add them back in. Interesting how the same few people who argue in every thread think they have the power to change their minds. From the server density it shows that the people here are clearly the minority.

You most likely right!

My, theory.... it's all the cause and fault of DeviantArt.

@GamerKillance said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Personally I'm more interested in correcting the factual incorrectness of what other people say at this point because I'm a pedantic ASCIIhole like that.

Like the presumptuous broad generalizing statement you just made (I seem to recall it's hardly your fist) assuming people's intentions even when Archetype-Luna has stated on multiple occasions that they care more about making convincing the general public of their viewpoint.

Why can't people just leave us weeb gamers alone with our children? There is nothing wrong with what was censored. It is just pixels. Nothing weird or wrong about that.

@Mattwo7 said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@SleeprunnerInc said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Fazer's GEISHA chocolate. BEcause apparently some troll said it was insulting towards Japanese and asian people, the same with the Eskimo ice cream.

The whole Inuit racial slur thing I understand but why is using "Geisha" in the brand name of chocolate considered offensive exactly? It's not even a beauty product (because if it was I would at least somewhat understand the rationale behind considering it offensive).

@Alineah said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

maybe sega can add a censored mode for those people, which should keep everyone happy

While I agree that the censorship should be optional for the most part (and even with that option they should least change or replace the bath scene so a Fazling newborn with the mind and body of a five year old doesn't feel up a teenager with said teenager responding by telling the kid to keep going (how is this not more sexual than a skimpy outfit? Did every anti-censorship person here just collectively decide to not consider why she wanted him to keep going?), the idea that everyone can be made happy with something like this is insanely idealistic (I say idealistic and not optimistic because I am a realist, not a pessimist).

Remember when Fire Emblem added the option to disable permadeath? Remember the backlash to people asking for an easy mode in Dark Souls? (even though history has long past proven that this would only serve to improve game sales and and only a select few opposed to the idea would actually stop playing the games, (in fact, I'm entirely certain most of the anti-cencorship crowd here (to be clear I'm mostly netrual myself as I don't like the restrictions to the height slider but as I've stated multiple times in this thread, I am opposed to bath scene as it played out, I'm also opposed to Al being naked when he first appears but no one seems to care about that being censored anyway) are still playing the game))

I don't know why they got so angry at the Geisha word.

But like I said, it was a troll who suggested it and I've recently heard the term of Cultural gatekeeping.

Something where you try and gatekeep some culture from X things or X places.

As for the Inuit/eskimo thing, I have never once thought it ment anything bad.

To me it just was a brand of tasty and good ice cream which would change the meaning from a negative to a positive.

The same which happened to the word Fag which turned from a cigarette to other things.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Why can't people just leave us weeb gamers alone with our children?

Not a suspicious comment at all.

@Ephemiel said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in Potential Reason for the Game's Censorship:

Why can't people just leave us weeb gamers alone with our children?

Not a suspicious comment at all.

At least I'm being honest about it vs "I'm fighting for muh censorship!"

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I'm being honest by why I am vocal about this. It doesn't matter the type of scene it was, the fact that story content was cut is why I am vocal about this issue.

As for the Inuit/eskimo thing, I have never once thought it ment anything bad. To me it just was a brand of tasty and good ice cream which would change the meaning from a negative to a positive.

A quick google search brought me to this:

"People in many parts of the Arctic consider Eskimo a derogatory term because it was widely used by racist, non-native colonizers. Many people also thought it meant eater of raw meat, which connoted barbarism and violence. Although the word's exact etymology is unclear, mid-century anthropologists suggested that the word came from the Latin word excommunicati, meaning the excommunicated ones, because the native people of the Canadian Arctic were not Christian."

The whole raw meat thing really makes your point about "changing the meaning from a negative to a positive" entirely moot.

Not that the entire concept of misappropriating of a native American culture (least the ones in Canada and Alaska) wouldn't already do that. It's one thing to misappropriate the Japanese who have plenty of power (it wouldn't take much effort to turn the JDF into an insanely powerful army) and influence (anime and Japanese video games are a million more times mainstream these days than they ever were), it's entirely different to misappropriate a presently oppressed culture (which is apparently the case in both Canada and Greenland but I'm not sure about Alaska) (I have to specify presently oppressed because the entire reason that Japan entered WWII is because US businesses tried to conduct unfair trade that lead Japan to desire resources and so they invaded China but US military meddled in said invasion and the US military kind of dropped a couple of nukes on them) that our own people have a long history of oppressing.

@Mattwo7 Dunno since if you go ask most people around the globe, they really don't know what Eskimo means.

That's why I find it strange that the people who the word is targeted towards, would rather keep the meaning as somethign deragotory instead of trying to change it to mean something positive.

Also RainGnyu has now made his way over to steam forums to start shit over there since he apparently can't start anything here.

Also RainGnyu has now made his way over to steam forums to start shit over there since he apparently can't start anything here.

Give it time, Archetype-Luna will start responding to RainGnyu again eventually while whining about "slander" (in text, it's libel) as though Luna wasn't asking for it by engaging Rain in the first place when Luna should know better by this point.