Some "entities" (Players) don't have name, nor are intractable

Sometimes i see some players in the lobby that don't have name, nor can i interact with them and try to see the information. I know in the Xbox version you could hide the ARKS ID and Gamertag from other people, but not the entire nametag + charname + all info, and you can't even select them. It's a strange sensation seeing people just staring, without any names or anything and they just go to the gateway ship when a Urgent Quest happens never to be seen again... Ep4 feels when i see something like that happening.

I saw this a while ago and didn't know what the deal was, tried to check someone's look breakdown and the character was just unselectable. Seemed very strange.

The most strange thing is, it's not only you that see the player as being bugged like that, everyone does. 6 people from my alliance where with me, and no one could see the two players name nor select them. It's so strange.

@GuardianWorld this may be the ai players you are referring to in dungeons as fake players arent inspectable. though if you are talking about the fleet then they may be hackers as they are often spamming pso meseta links

what really gets me, is whe nyou can inspect someone but you cant get the armor they are wearing at all in the game

@Kwars01 said in Some "entities" (Players) don't have name, nor are intractable:

@GuardianWorld this may be the ai players you are referring to in dungeons as fake players arent inspectable. though if you are talking about the fleet then they may be hackers as they are often spamming pso meseta links

in my case, it was in the gate area. I think the person I was trying to inspect was at the title keeper's desk, and definitely not a bot (who are inspectable). Iirc it didn't even just have no response (like you'd expect with an AI partner), the "selected player xxxx" popup instead said something about how the player wasn't selectable.

@Akonyl it is wierd as ive been gettign this too. maybe its eomthing to do with the load distance or soemthing? since tehres no privacy settings to not let other players inspect you

This happens when the Microsoft live servers are acting up (which the chat and other features run off) I had a friend appear like this and he had to relog to fix it.

It's so strange, but ya, i'm referring on the ARKS Fleet, not on the field @Kwars01, I'm on the Steam Version rn, but i think the two versions must have some connection that makes this happens sometimes. I was next to Rebecca (The quest counter girl), and those two were also next to her, so, it was not rendering distance. But for that to happen with 2 players at the same time, it's so strange, makes the players look like NPCs or even entities that should not exist xD.

@GuardianWorld the npcs effect is the draw distance being set too low by default. You can change that in the launcher or graphics preferences.

The thing is, was not a NPC, was a player (It spoke to Rebecca and to the Gateway ship it go @Kwars01, it was a player wearing Magatsu Armor (The purple foie one if i'm not wrong). But not selectable by anyone from my alliance nor me.

@GuardianWorld yeah ive noticed that as well. idk it may be chinese hackers or something since i do know there is a modding scene for NA but only for model swapping as a response to Sega's insane push for gacha scratches and not letting us direct buy items for the fashion endgame. just cosmetic stuff and maybe thats a way they get away with it since i havent done any modding on NA myself, just saw what other people have done so far.

Its a bug that happen with any players on the MS client. This happened before steam linked up as well. When Xbox Live servers act up, they loose the ability to chat and other players cant select them even though we can see then. It was a common enough issue on the MS client and was one of the reasons I was glad that the steam client separated the social functions from Xbox Live platform.

@DarkstalkerX99 well im on steam client and its still happening here too

@Kwars01 So are you saying players cant see your name and you cant communicate with everyone?

@DarkstalkerX99 no i cant see their name or inspect their looks