FPS Limit Settings and an AFK/Idle Icon System

Please consider adding some new settings to allow us to limit our FPS:

• FPS Limit (30, 60, etc. and No Limit)
  • Lower FPS when game is not focused.
  • Lower FPS when idle.

When lowering the FPS when the game is not focused or when idle, it will be set to half of what the FPS limit is. IE: If you limit the game's FPS to 30, then when you alt-tab away, the game will be at 15 FPS until you alt-tab back in. This is a setting that FFXIV has, and allows the game to take up less resources when idle / alt-tabbed. (When the FPS is set to No Limit, but the setting for FPS to be lowered is enabled, the FPS will be lowered to whatever is half of the highest setting.)

In addition to this, you can add a player idle setting that can mark the player as AFK. The user can set this to intervals of 5 minutes up to 30 or 60. The last option after, being "Disabled." If players have usernames/icons shown, their icon next to their name will show an AFK icon when idle. Players who are idle will also have their name change to "Idle" or "AFK" every couple seconds when viewing the friends list if they are idle/AFK then back to their name, etc.

I support this suggestion

I like this idea too. I'll be on Xbox so it wont really matter to me but those features were useful on the PC for FFXIV for sure. Including all those audio options :x

@Hengbok said in FPS Limit Settings and an AFK/Idle Icon System:

I like this idea too. I'll be on Xbox so it wont really matter to me but those features were useful on the PC for FFXIV for sure. Including all those audio options :x

We do have audio options on PSO2-JP, but no "Master" Volume that lowers the volume of everything.

All the suggestions are good though I would like to add that the FPS Limit option is already present on PC.

@coldreactive said in FPS Limit Settings and an AFK/Idle Icon System:

We do have audio options on PSO2-JP, but no "Master" Volume that lowers the volume of everything.

Does that also include the mute feature if alt-tabbed? 😮

Does that also include the mute feature if alt-tabbed? 😮

By default the game mutes itself when alt-tabbed I believe.

I'd like to point out that an awesome setup for playing and streaming games like this is to allow a frame limit of 48 fps & an "auto-adjust graphics to target framerate" function. In most cases, it gives some pretty amazing performance results, the game would look pretty, and it's often hard to tell that 48 fps is slower than 60 in regards to how smooth the game plays.

Especially on an action-oriented online game, it'd be a MAJOR boon to be able to do this, on both Xbox and PC.