Please give us camos of weapons removed from NA.

In PSO2NA lots of weapons were removed from drop tables, probably to prevent overwhelming new players and to remove any weapons that used the old grinding model (similar to units now but with much more unforgiving success rates).

A lot of these weapons have appealing aesthetics and even unique visuals when used, and many of them are straight-up nostalgia weapons from previous Phantasy Star games. It's a shame these aren't available to use as weapon skins! This will become even more glaring when the weapon form pass system gets released in full by Episode 5.

Please consider giving us a method to obtain these weapons, either as camos or the weapons themselves to later use for skinning over our current weapons!

I'd list them all but that would require some form of collapsible spoiler-box to keep the post tidy. Just know that if you remember a weapon from PSO or PSU, it's probably existed in PSO2 at some point and was made unavailable here.

I’d like to see these weapons made available in some form too. They’d be ideal for adding to the Unique Weapon Badge or Mission Badge vendors.

I'll back this. We lost access to one of the original Yasminkov series firearms, the (Twin) Yasminkov 2000H. Every other one has an NT version or variant. I don't believe there's a camo version for the 2kH in JP either. I max extended them in Infinity so I'd love to get access to them again.

I would also like to see this implemented. My favorite Rifle to use as a skin, the 1* OT Sniper, was never made into an NT, so it is lost to me on the Global server.

EDIT:

@MisterJaySnek said in Please give us camos of weapons removed from NA.:

...This will become even more glaring when the weapon form pass system gets released in full by Episode 5...

The Weapon Form system, called Weapon Transmutation in the Global version, is already in place and usable, but the only way to get the Transmutation Passes are through SG (400SG from the SG Shop).

True, but they started getting handed out for free in late ep5 on jp from specific bosses. The FFS passes are a huge ripoff.

Seconding this. In a game with such a heavy focus on cosmetics and fashion it seems bizarre that so many weapon visuals are lost and unavailable for use.

Recreating these lost weapons as camos could provide more incentive to do content, if they're scattered as drops, title rewards, trade-ins etc.

To be honest I'd like to see weapon camos per weapon slot too instead of just being able to equip 1 at a time, and in general I'd like to see weapon skins be as easy to switch around as outfits are, though given the monetisation of the transmute passes I'm not exactly holding my breath. But I hope more consideration of a less clunky, more user-friendly transmute/weapon skin system is given to NGS.

We actually have some old unused weapons as camos in the Booster shop, the only thing needed is to add more of em.

@MisterJaySnek said in Please give us camos of weapons removed from NA.:

True, but they started getting handed out for free in late ep5 on jp from specific bosses. The FFS passes are a huge ripoff.

I'd actually like to see someone clarify this... so, when the Weapon Transmutation Aux Passes show up in Fresh Finds Shop, they cost 145 SG for 50 of them, with 3 purchases allowed.. so a total of 435 SG for enough Aux passes to exchange for a Transmutation Pass at the Swap Shop.

.... But a straight up transmutation pass from the SG shop only costs 400.

What's the point of doing the exchange? To pay a premium to buy it in little bits at a time??

The final boss of Episode 5 drops Aux Passes every run, so that option is there in case you just need a few extra to get to the the full Transmutation Pass.

Sure, it makes no sense right now, but it will in the near future.

See.. the half-assedness of the way they're implementing content this way is getting skeezier and sleazier by the moment. They're adding paid options for things before they add the in-game options for acquiring all this stuff.

I might be wrong but, I'm pretty sure we're missing a whole bunch of Gunslash weapons (and other weapons too) that aren't in the drop tables just yet. Itsuki's Gunslash (Nagerling?) is apparently a rare drop from Banser Ong according to the Arks-Visiphone, but there's no sign of it in-game.

So it'd definitely be nice to see both weapon camos & missing weapons be added eventually.

@ArtistDaura because it, like many other weapons implemented before yamato back on JP, is old-type. They don't want us saddled with OT weapons on here.