Hans: his magical glasses and how he is the true guardian

He is seeing a parallel dimension through his sunglasses. If you look at the reflection it's clearly not showing the outside window. Wonder if he was moved from another location without that also adjusted(if using a map rather than calculating it)

I've often wondered what players make of Hans. I get the impression he's thought of as either a braggart or a whiner. But in wanting to see how you take out certain enemies and in most CO completion dialogues planning to try it out as well, I get the sense he's pretty admirable in aiming to improve.

He reminds me of the fat blue ranger guy in PSO1. Though if I remember, at least that one hoofed it into the field once or twice.

Idk if he is trying to improve or not. His lines say I need to grab a box of tissues, which I know it's anime but that seems like a stretch to the point I think it's a bit sarcastic

Since we never see him going on the field, he's most likely using the player to do the dirty work for him, while claiming he just wants to learn. Of course, this is just a game excuse to keep him tossing dailies your way without having to make him an active NPC.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Hans: his magical glasses and how he is the true guardian:

we never see him going on the field

We actually do. He takes part in the tournament in Episode 1. If I remember he partners up with Joseph.

Way back in early JP there was a part in the intro where you see this ranger get oneshot by a Dagan (shameful lol) and i think originally that was Hans's brother and i think he blames you for his death which would explain why he really doesn't like you when you start out.

There used to be rather harsh voice lines when you approach the angryface CO NPCs until you gained enough friendship but those got replaced by their neutral lines later on.

@Miraglyth said in Hans: his magical glasses and how he is the true guardian:

@ZorokiHanuke said in Hans: his magical glasses and how he is the true guardian:

we never see him going on the field

We actually do. He takes part in the tournament in Episode 1. If I remember he partners up with Joseph.

He does? Bless your memory, mine becomes pop corn on those details after the third day. 🙂