There needs to be repercussions for dropping PvP matches

I should have honestly been able to foresee this becoming an issue, this kind of stuff only happens in western population MMOs.

At even the slightest hint of losing, many people just drop PvP matches, leaving your team anywhere from 1-5 against the other team 6. This obviously puts you at a massive disadvantage that is much more difficult to overcome than whatever slight skill discrepancies you might notice within the first 30 seconds of a match.

This has honestly ruined a handful of matches for me and it seems to be more common as time goes on. There really should be massive repercussions for doing this. A full de-rank, or being unable to queue for a large period of time. Is there already that I just didn't know about?

Anyways, please make this a thing.

I heard they already put you into a low priority queue for a time if you keep dropping out

@Vashzaron said in There needs to be repercussions for dropping PvP matches:

I heard they already put you into a low priority queue for a time if you keep dropping out

Is this true? Any specifics?

I have no evidence myself, just going on what I heard other people say in regards to some people having trouble queuing "out of the blue."

You also lose the same amount of rank points for losing if you drop out.

@Zipzo Yeah, see I lost connection mid match yesterday, and I was not at fault for what happened to me. Should I be punished for something beyond my control?

@Anarchy-Marine said in There needs to be repercussions for dropping PvP matches:

@Zipzo Yeah, see I lost connection mid match yesterday, and I was not at fault for what happened to me. Should I be punished for something beyond my control?

I was thinking this too, what about if we D/C? I don't want any major repercussions for that. I don't mind having to queue longer though.

yeah no i lose connection because of steam so no but afking in warzone sure

@Anarchy-Marine you're not at fault but your disconnect caused everyone else on the team to lose(possibly) even if the server is what kicked you. People used to just disconnect their internet and say they got disconnected on other games xD

the low priority doesn't happen just by dropping or suffering D/C in 1 or 2 matches, it happens when you do that frequently, however the rank penalty always happens in ranked matches

They need to let people report their own team members for being AFK, I've had plenty of games where someone sits at spawn the entire time.

1. In ranked matches, all players who quit a match will be considered as lost the match and lose Arena Points accordingly.

2. In ranked matches, players who have done quitting or AFK for a certain number of times within a certain period will get a penalty to make them harder to match with regular players.

These two are also done on the JP server, so I think it's quite likely that global server have the same measures too. The following is the official notice on this issue on JP.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/i_measures_20170314/

These documents have special format and maybe a bit harder to grasp. The main text is divided into four sections with thin lines, the chronological order of these sections are 3 > 4 > 2 > 1.

It should be noted that all disconnections are handled in the same way, whether they are intentional or not.

There are also other measures mentioned here, but I wonder if these measures are taken on the global server.

@Fiona-Respha if so how long would the repercussions last for?

@ScrubLordM81760 Dunno. At least, SEGA never will announce such details. Perhaps you need to ask people who actually get caught.

I'm not sure you really can do much because of disconnections.

One thing the game seriously should do though is cancel the game if someone disconnects in the preparation time or never makes it into the game to start with.

Nothing hurts like getting a +200% battle points pull and immediately finding only 5 people appearing in your prep area the following game. It's basically a guaranteed loss and 6 minutes of wasted time and lost rank points.