How's the lag on PC?

I'm currently playing this game on an Xbox One X. This console, in my opinion, shouldn't have issues running this outdated game. But whenever I head into a busy server it's terribly laggy. Character models are slow to load and my FPS drop drastically. Now I want to believe this is server side lag but I have no way of ascertaining that. Can some of you tell me if you experience lag on your Xbox or PC and to what extent?

i had huge lag spikes during the first day of the release und kept dcing (pc german player) but none of my guild had them when i asked...after their emergency maint. it was all fine for me tho and i can play on highest settings without any probs no more lag or anything...not even during pvp...but one of them mentioned yesterday they would have lags sometimes (xbox player)

the loading of characters and fps is not related to lag is related to your hardware and obviously you gonna have that problem appearing more when there is more players in the same place, now if NPCs are taking time to appear or when you interact with then is taking time to happen well that is lag and is affected by a number of factors so is hard to tell if the cause of the lag is the server or can be your connection

@Jamesmor said in How's the lag on PC?:

the loading of characters and fps is not related to lag is related to your hardware and obviously you gonna have that problem appearing more when there is more players in the same place, now if NPCs are taking time to appear or when you interact with then is taking time to happen well that is lag and is affected by a number of factors so is hard to tell if the cause of the lag is the server or can be your connection

But really can it be the hardware on the Xbox One X? We got 12 gigs of RAM in this machine and an 8 core processor. Sure it's not the fastest processor on the market with only 2.3ghz but this game is over 10 years old. I, honestly, don't get it. I play other games on my Xbox One X, that have more modern graphics and I haven't experienced this kind of lag on those games. Heck, even Star War Battlefront II, with 20 - 60 players on the map doesn't lag.

@AgentRedStar I get no lag on PC - but I have decent specs with my Ryzen 2600X, 16GB DDR4, SSDs, and RX 590. I also have 200mbps internet and use Steam (since it launched - Tweaker before). The MS Store version was, is, and always will be...crap.

I run max everything. If you are getting lag, I would look first to see if your XBox is running background updates, then at your network speed. If you are using WiFi, make sure you are on the 5GHz band not 2.4GHz, especially if you have good enough signal.

@AgentRedStar that's because coding of games today is different from 8 years ago and consoles aren't exactly well made to adapt to different types of coding so they do suffer with low fps in these kind of situations while a computer won't suffer and there's also the point that PSO2 loads faster when you have high fps

@Jamesmor said in How's the lag on PC?:

@AgentRedStar that's because coding of games today is different from 8 years ago and consoles aren't exactly well made to adapt to different types of coding so they do suffer with low fps in these kind of situations while a computer won't suffer and there's also the point that PSO2 loads faster when you have high fps

That makes a little more sense. Thank you for your feedback. 🙂