Does Battle Rank decrease?

The requirements for SG in the new campaign looks a bit iffy as Battle Arena is usually a complete curbstomp for either side and there's basically no way to properly ensure your team wins when yours is the one getting stomped.

At best I can just camp out on my team's side of the field to get the "least deaths" reward when my team is getting stomped because I pretty much never manage to get that many kills in to begin with that don't wind up with me dying and making all those kills a moot point because someone thought it was a good idea to make it so the enemy who kills you gets half your points...

Honestly a proper deathmatch mode would be a welcome addition, as well as KotH and CtF modes.

When the month ends, you simply drop one rank, that is, S4 to S5, A3 to A4, etc.

This means that for SG specifically, you can grind your way to either LEGEND or S for preference, then each month just grind a little to get back to it.

@Mattwo7 said in Does Battle Rank decrease?:

The requirements for SG in the new campaign looks a bit iffy as Battle Arena is usually a complete curbstomp for either side and there's basically no way to properly ensure your team wins when yours is the one getting stomped.

At best I can just camp out on my team's side of the field to get the "least deaths" reward when my team is getting stomped because I pretty much never manage to get that many kills in to begin with that don't wind up with me dying and making all those kills a moot point because someone thought it was a good idea to make it so the enemy who kills you gets half your points...

Honestly a proper deathmatch mode would be a welcome addition, as well as KotH and CtF modes.

And yet people inevitably make it to Legend. Are you implying that this lengthy process that takes many matches taking rank in to account, is completely 100% luck?

You won't win every game, that's obvious, but your influence on the match will, through the law of averages, be a key determinant in winning, and that's how the best players consistently end up getting to Legend.

So either you haven't put in enough time to see the the upward trend in your rank...or...you're just not good at PvP. Simple as that.

I got to Legend rank yesterday, and what i learned while grinding my way there is, you can't completely blame your team for a loss. Even if you're in 1st unless you have like 10+ kills and less than 2 or so deaths lol. Really need teamwork and to know what weapons counter what. It's rare now for me to get a game where it's just one side completely dominating the other. It's usually back and forth the entire game, where alot of games the score dips over to the other side at literally the last second lol.