Allow no expiration on purchasing Mission Pass tiers

I see no reason to lock out the option to purchase tiers from expired Mission Passes. The deadline should only lock out the ability to obtain tiers from the expired Mission Pass through the Weekly Tier Missions and other ARKS Missions that give you tier points.

If the Mission Pass has reached its deadline, then the player's only option to getting the goodies exclusive to that Mission Pass would be purchasing the tiers with Star Gems... instead of being SOL and forever locked away from those exclusive items.

I think this would benefit both parties. Players will be able to get the option to obtain Mission Pass exclusive stuff that they missed out on by shelling out Star Gems and the company will be getting more revenue from Star Gem purchases.

I'd support this. As a player who couldn't get into the game prior to steam release due to A) not having an Xbox and B) Win10 store nuking installs and making it impossible to play, there's a bunch of items I missed out on that I want a lot. I posted a suggestion to revive past mission pass tiers before I saw this thread, and I'd be just as happy with this solution tbh. All I want is a way to obtain the stuff I missed.

I support this as well

I also support this idea.

bascially we need a pass system like halo mcc's where we can go back to the beginning of EVERY SEASON EVER and work up fresh with the mission badges as currency points for each tier

This post is deleted!

@BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY sorry i misread your post

+1

Mission pass tiers are in an absolutely terrible state right now. Untradeable items are one thing, but making them unattainable after the fact is something that makes me heavily consider stepping away from PSO2 again and going back to one of many other options of enjoyment that doesn't ask for AC at every corner.

I actually enjoy buying AC, but not with past mission passes being locked. No thanks. I want my character to look the way I want, and not for it to be completely based off of if I logged in 2 months ago on a thursday. Events are different. These aren't events. This a typical day of playing the game, and if any typical day means I can miss out on fashion accessories that are all completely tradeable in Japan, then I'd rather quit playing all together.

Please fix this issue so that I and many others can enjoy a major core aspect of what this game is all about: Freedom to customize your character if you have the meseta/AC/SG.

Thank you for your time.

I think this would be nice, but I'm not sure how it could be implemented unless there's an in-game record of our progress even after the passes expire. If there's some way to do it though, then I support it.

@tyrantninja said in Allow no expiration on purchasing Mission Pass tiers:

I'd support this. As a player who couldn't get into the game prior to steam release due to A) not having an Xbox and B) Win10 store nuking installs and making it impossible to play, there's a bunch of items I missed out on that I want a lot. I posted a suggestion to revive past mission pass tiers before I saw this thread, and I'd be just as happy with this solution tbh. All I want is a way to obtain the stuff I missed.

Where do you draw the line, you also want the previous AC scratches you missed due to windows 10 errors? I had those errors too and like many just gave up and just accept the fact I won't get the items from those mission pass tiers, as it should be, timed exclusives.

This is actually a really good idea. Endorsed.

@Aiko said in Allow no expiration on purchasing Mission Pass tiers:

Mission pass tiers are in an absolutely terrible state right now. Untradeable items are one thing, but making them unattainable after the fact is something that makes me heavily consider stepping away from PSO2 again and going back to one of many other options of enjoyment that doesn't ask for AC at every corner.

I actually enjoy buying AC, but not with past mission passes being locked.

what does the mission pass have to do with one not wanting to buy AC or "being asked for ac at every corner"? or even quitting the game? not like your life depends on it...its a free for all feature to get some goodies without spending recources...you overdramatize things a little bit

on topic: i have a slight fear that people will cry "this is a cash grab"....but it doesn hurt to implement it into the game i guess...for whoever who really wants to spend SG on those items

That's an actual good idea that I am surprised to not have heard before.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Allow no expiration on purchasing Mission Pass tiers:

Where do you draw the line, you also want the previous AC scratches you missed due to windows 10 errors? I had those errors too and like many just gave up and just accept the fact I won't get the items from those mission pass tiers, as it should be, timed exclusives.

AC scratch items are different because they're tradeable. Someone, somewhere, usually has the item that you want/need, even if it's at a grossly overinflated price you can usually still get it. Mission pass items? Not so much. You're just straight up SoL with no way of ever obtaining it. And, well.... It's really bad for those who main CAST characters, because the of the ratio of CAST parts vs costumes is so skewed in mission passes. Is it fair to CAST mains to have nearly half of all their (robotic) options locked behind being untradeable timed exclusives?

We don't directly pay for the Mission Pass or FFS items (usually) and they're bound, meaning they're a status item with no actual value to them. Because the game is so young too, all you're really able to flex with is "I was here 2 months ago". I think it's perfectly reasonable to recycle the items in one form or another.