Simple Question for Steam & Non Steam Users

Now that Steam has PSO2, how many here actually came to PSO(2) due to the fact WildStar is dead and the need to quench their thirst for some SciFi Space Western Opera cause it isn't in their life (even if you been a PS fan for over the decades prior to WS release and death)?

As well, follow up if you where on WildStar, have you tried to recreate your toon from there as your ARKs here?

DmjA32MUwAAbmMf.jpg

I have yet to find the perfect outfit, but have come close for Gunner and Ranger.

pso20200712_231308_001.jpg

Who is WildStar?

Wild Star kind of felt like WoW in space but was actually more fun than WoW itself. I think it was one of those titles Blizzard chose to fight with their marketing department instead of improving the game they had competing with it.

I never got to play Wildstar. It died before it perked my interest. But from what I saw, I liked the cartoony space opera themed visuals. I may try to someday recreate something among the lines of my Kritika cat character.

@Ukyo-Sonoda is not tha Blizzard choose to fight it, is that the game was made from staff that worked on Blizzard that's why the game did feel like WoW however Blizzard didn't need to do anything because Wildstar died from miss management

@Jamesmor said in Simple Question for Steam & Non Steam Users:

@Ukyo-Sonoda is not tha Blizzard choose to fight it, is that the game was made from staff that worked on Blizzard that's why the game did feel like WoW however Blizzard didn't need to do anything because Wildstar died from miss management

Despite their videos being loads of fun and entertaining... the first nail in their coffin was trying to solely advertise to just "HaRdCORE RaIdSeRS!" and for the first year ignoring that their artstyle, and unique gameplay attracted a lot of casuals/solo players that wanted in on some silly Western Space Opera shenanigans and turning their backs on them until it was too late. Plus NCSoft being evil.

I can't believe someone still remembers WildStar.

I bought that game with an additional 60 days sub on launch but sadly within just 2 weeks of play I already saw the horrible direction the game was going. The leveling starting from lvl 14 was where the game showed it's true colors and it was...really bad. They purposefully made it extremely slow to level just so you could purchase more game time, and I already saw this on literally week 2.

I'm all for the Buy Once sub like GW2 but monthly subs never work for me, what are the chances of me getting online on a daily basis? I barely can squeeze in 3 days of 4 hour play so I've essentially wasted 4 days of sub time per week. WildStar's subscription model was not panning out well at all, and it didn't help that players were extremely unhelpful when it came to trying to clear early dungeons.

Shame, loved the game but hated the subscription model and snail's pace leveling.

Still waiting for Wildstar private servers.

I tried to play it, but the characters were so... Eh, that I couldn't get past character creation

@The-Ladies-Like said in Simple Question for Steam & Non Steam Users:

I can't believe someone still remembers WildStar.

I bought that game with an additional 60 days sub on launch but sadly within just 2 weeks of play I already saw the horrible direction the game was going. The leveling starting from lvl 14 was where the game showed it's true colors and it was...really bad. They purposefully made it extremely slow to level just so you could purchase more game time, and I already saw this on literally week 2.

I'm all for the Buy Once sub like GW2 but monthly subs never work for me, what are the chances of me getting online on a daily basis? I barely can squeeze in 3 days of 4 hour play so I've essentially wasted 4 days of sub time per week. WildStar's subscription model was not panning out well at all, and it didn't help that players were extremely unhelpful when it came to trying to clear early dungeons.

Shame, loved the game but hated the subscription model and snail's pace leveling.

This is the reason why I don't do actual sub based games. Premium is a bit more bearable because you can play without it (and even still, you miss stuff when you can't play). But on a sub game, that feeling of loss is multiplied because you can't recover anything once you miss that time.