Technique Fragment Costs

So the market seems to have initially settled around 40k per fragment (that's 25 per million meseta) on ship 2. For those who have experience on JP is this cost likely to go down? I've been grinding up that technique crafting tree, but yeah, that's a little exorbitant imo. Granted you can grind for them, but even with a 100% triboost on SHAQ/Ultimate with Techter I'm not exactly swimming in the Tech PA's. You might get a couple PA's every wave or two, but then half or more are something other than techniques, and then you get the lvl10 duds here or there.

Other than converting lvl 11+ PA disks into fragments, you can also buy the fragments directly from the Ex-Cube shop, for 2 Ex-Cubes each.

On JP Ship2, Tech fragments are 8-9k typically, about 5 times the price of Melee and Ranged as you can swap 5 of the other fragments for a tech one at the recycle/swap shop. Dunno about NA - heard the swap shop for crafting isn't very complete.

@HarmlessSyan said in Technique Fragment Costs:

On JP Ship2, Tech fragments are 8-9k typically, about 5 times the price of Melee and Ranged as you can swap 5 of the other fragments for a tech one at the recycle/swap shop. Dunno about NA - heard the swap shop for crafting isn't very complete.

So reasonable prices then.

Oooooooh NA.... sometimes... 🙄

@BronzeAgeBrain You also have to take into account that its new on NA, crafting been in JP for years and people probably already maxed out crafting levels years ago.

What we need is more of those urgent quests in that place with the "floor is lava" theme. That stage drops TONS of disks.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Technique Fragment Costs:

What we need is more of those urgent quests in that place with the "floor is lava" theme. That stage drops TONS of disks.

IMO any of the kill swarms of enemies UQs drop a lot of disks. The points based ones may actually be better for this though because they seem to be exceptionally easy to trigger PSE bursts on

@Ukyo-Sonoda I tried a few, and at least from what I've seen myself, that stage I mentioned dropped a lot more than what I usually see from others. Take for example the current beach themed points stage. Most i've seen from the times I've run it was around 15 disks. While in that stage I fail to remember the name of, I could fill my 60 item inventory at least 3 times with disks alone. Though that happened before the update. No idea if all point Urgents were normalized to yield the same now.

Ship 3 here. 50k...,

@MarshalTobias32 said in Technique Fragment Costs:

Ship 3 here. 50k...,

eugh.... Glad I didn't even look...

Hmm... hopefully a good chunk of players sometime in the next month or so drop out of the crafting market. Right now the economic ratio crafting to buying already crafted items is doubtlessly negative for the crafter if they plan on fueling techniques with fragments on the market. The real culprit is the way the crafting system makes much more supply than demand by requiring crafters to go stepwise through a chain of crafting the same crafts over and over again. The result is that we have crafted techniques going for less than 10k, sometimes even close to the 1k minimum, while the absolute minimum in meseta to do a craft from market pricing is more than 200,000. The only way this changes is if either crafters gain access to really easy technique fragments, or people drop out in droves.

You know what would be an interesting calculation though: matching the cost of certain triggers to their hypothetical meseta price through Excube exchange into tech fragments. Say you get on average 30 10* weapons in the highest difficulty on a trigger (probably an overestimation on everything besides perhaps PD). Divide by two for 15 fragments, multiply by 40k earnings per fragment, and you get what, 600,000 meseta base from that UQ, plus whatever value the 12*+ you get are.

Additionally that gets me to thinking. If two 10* weapons make a PA fragment, then you could make a profit on buying up 10*s that go for less than 20k on the market.

Hey it’s a theoretical lower bound on 10* weapon prices through PA fragments! I’ll have to check the item market when I get back. Hopefully I can help crash the price of fragments one way or another!

@BronzeAgeBrain said in Technique Fragment Costs:

Hmm... hopefully a good chunk of players sometime in the next month or so drop out of the crafting market. Right now the economic ratio crafting to buying already crafted items is doubtlessly negative for the crafter if they plan on fueling techniques with fragments on the market. The real culprit is the way the crafting system makes much more supply than demand by requiring crafters to go stepwise through a chain of crafting the same crafts over and over again. The result is that we have crafted techniques going for less than 10k, sometimes even close to the 1k minimum, while the absolute minimum in meseta to do a craft from market pricing is more than 200,000. The only way this changes is if either crafters gain access to really easy technique fragments, or people drop out in droves.

You know what would be an interesting calculation though: matching the cost of certain triggers to their hypothetical meseta price through Excube exchange into tech fragments. Say you get on average 30 10* weapons in the highest difficulty on a trigger (probably an overestimation on everything besides perhaps PD). Divide by two for 15 fragments, multiply by 40k earnings per fragment, and you get what, 600,000 meseta base from that UQ, plus whatever value the 12*+ you get are.

Most crafted pa are worthless because they are worthless. No one wants anything that doesn't have yellow text on it, which signifies a great success version. Afaik, great success isn't that rare. It's about 33% chance. So if yellow stats are that easy to get, then anything lower isn't gonna be worth anything.

@Star-Platinum That only holds under one of two conditions: that the supply of crafted techs is so high that consumers can pick only yellow text, or that the average craft without yellow text is worse than a vanilla tech.

I’m pretty sure the average crafted tech is better than a non crafted tech for most of the techs out there. I think it’s the first condition keeping the market so low. People are willing to pay a good chunk of meseta for better crafts, there is a glut on the market (because of gated technique crafting mechanisms) and because of this can be more choosey and just go for yellow texts within their price range. If you didn’t have to create so much “trash” techniques on purpose then I would expect that the market for fragments would be waaaaaay lower, and the pricing for crafted techniques would more resemble to costs of creating that technique. Instead we have a billion sub-par techniques chasing a few thousand buyers, and a group of players who whaled/planned way ahead trying to make up the difference when they finally get to crafts that are optimal. It’s a market that requires an exorbitant investment to get your foot in the door, and because everyone is doing it at once fragments prices are way higher than they probably should be.

New content syndrome. Everyone's going to pay over the eventually settling rate to get earlier access to the new shiny.

Those of us with a little patience are smiling at the easy millions we've made on technique disks since Wednesday knowing we'll be able to buy anything we need back for a fraction of the cost in 1-4 weeks.

It'll come down. Stuff like this always does.