Help: How Does Storage Expansions Work?

I only have a vague idea on how they work, so I thought there was a way to permanently increase your storage space, but it may turn out to be a premium thing (you must always pay money every month to keep your extra space). Although you can apparently permanently increase your inventory space, which I think I'll mostly spend my money. Also certain storage spaces can be permanently unlock too, but I don't understand which ones, so I need a guide on how all of this storage stuff works, since my only assumptions are from the game itself.

Inventory is permanent, and highly recommended. You can also permanently increase Character Storage, but it's very expensive iirc.

Having Premium gives you access to Premium Storage. You can also purchase temporary expansions for Extra Storage 1-5. Note that you can still freely remove items from these storages once they expire, just not add more to them.

Material Storage is a temporary purchase with Star Gems and is highly recommended as a quality of life feature.

JP version has OTP Storage (for enabling a One Time Password system for your account) and es Storage (for logging into PSO2es within the past 30 days). It remains to be seen how they will handle these for the localized version. I believe I saw somewhere that the es Storage might become Xbox Game Pass Storage instead? Unsure.

@Ilúvatar said in Help: How Does Storage Expansions Work?:

JP version has OTP Storage (for enabling a One Time Password system for your account)

This isn't the same as the E-mail OTP you get the first time you access the SEGA ID from a new system. I learned this recently. Either that, or it's because I enabled OTP prior to OTP Storage being available.

@Ilúvatar said in Help: How Does Storage Expansions Work?:

es Storage (for logging into PSO2es within the past 30 days). It remains to be seen how they will handle these for the localized version.

It's unlikely we're going to get PSO2es, considering the PSO2es drops are in the full game as drops from normal PSO2 enemies.

@Ilúvatar Okay, so the Character Storage is the one storage that permanently gets bigger, I don't know how much it normally holds though, but I think I might focus on my own inventory if it has the same size as it.

My only main concern with this is the Star Gems, at first I thought it was the premium currency like Warframe's Platinum, but then there's the AC which just makes the whole thing confusing for me in the long run. I think I can get Star Gems in exchange for FUN points right?