Bring Back Alpha Healing Item Animation.

Back during the JP CBT, there were reports that in one of the JP Alpha builds they had previously used a different animation when using healing items. The animation in question was reportedly the players injecting the healing items into themselves via needle. Can we get that back in the US version? Its a far cooler concept then stopping to drink the healing item.

Lots of things from the Alpha would be neat to have too... such as the old "Initiating Code Announcer" and the old model used for items found in the field (even though the current one is more PSO1-like).

@Zerox9434 said in Bring Back Alpha Healing Item Animation.:

Back during the JP CBT, there were reports that in one of the JP Alpha builds they had previously used a different animation when using healing items. The animation in question was reportedly the players injecting the healing items into themselves via needle. Can we get that back in the US version? Its a far cooler concept then stopping to drink the healing item.

What? Ok, I played the Alpha version for the JP version and I don't remember this.

Edit: Oh snap, they did inject themselves. This was definitely changed before the Alpha Test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=501&v=F31bfG3DIGg&feature=emb_logo

Skip to 8:10

Personally, I prefer the newer ones that we have so I'd be really sad to see them changed to that.

I think I'd prefer to continue chugging my energy drinks, rather than inject them directly into my veins.

I wonder if injecting with mate/atom rings would be faster then drinking. If so gimme gimme, gotta save those frames.

@The-Question said in Bring Back Alpha Healing Item Animation.:

I wonder if injecting with mate/atom rings would be faster then drinking. If so gimme gimme, gotta save those frames.

Judging by the Monomate they used, the animation duration seems just about the same. I know they chose to change the icons back to the OG look but I kinda like their Pre-Alpha icon look. I can tell you that if you lived in Aussie, you was never gonna see this game if that stayed lol.

I probably should have specified in the OP that I would like to be an option rather then a complete replacement. As long as the animations are the same length then it shouldn't matter.

I probably should have specified in the OP that I would like to be an option rather then a complete replacement. As long as the animations are the same length then it shouldn't matter.

The option in question could be called "Enable Alpha Mode Cosmetics." With the rollover description "Enables animations and icons that were present in the alpha version of PSO2. This has no effect on gameplay mechanics/speeds of animations."

I would be fine with it as an additional option then 🙂 That way people can be happy on both sides.

This could potentially change the game's rating... I agree it's a more edgy animation tho.

@Rantious said in Bring Back Alpha Healing Item Animation.:

This could potentially change the game's rating... I agree it's a more edgy animation tho.

Nah it wouldn't, the game already has a M rating. No platform other than PC will accept an AO game.