The censorship on being short should be removed.

@Redex said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

@Yin / Viola

As an artist this is a touchy subject.

I can't say no to Art as it is great on its general premise but vastly varies in its meaning or intent or message person to person. of course this creates issues. I personally feel those blasting inappropriate images on fly should be regularly banned as its likely poor intent to say the least. Though that seems easier to maintain more so then giving the entire game free reign to be inappropriate at will with very underage portrayals as playable characters.

As for the art, that seems pretty 16+ to me, my issue I take is with the severely lewd.

But your argument for not having smaller heights is that it can be abused. By that same logic, symbol art is being abused so it should be removed from the game. We can extend this same argument to cover almost all customization in the game.

@Redex said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

@Yin / Viola

As an artist this is a touchy subject.

I can't say no to Art as it is great on its general premise but vastly varies in its meaning or intent or message person to person. of course this creates issues. I personally feel those blasting inappropriate images on fly should be regularly banned as its likely poor intent to say the least. Though that seems easier to maintain more so then giving the entire game free reign to be inappropriate at will with very underage portrayals as playable characters.

As for the art, that seems pretty 16+ to me, my issue I take is with the severely lewd.

As an artist, I fully believe and support you are free to create what ever you want, though you are not free from the consequences that may or may not follow from said art that is created.

Interesting to say 16+ and say it is okay

Yes @SleeprunnerInc Ringo the character is 14, and 15 at the end of the series, and exposes more of herself sometimes, more often that say Ikki Tousen (where all characters are viewed at 17-18).

So, again @Redex Although depicted as tall, she is well a minor, and often says her age, or has her "skill card" flashed for commercial breaks. So, it is okay for a 14-17 year old (still very much a minor in many areas if under 18) to be sexualized as long as they are tall enough?

Limit outfit options for short characters.

How about this compromise. One ship has access to all of JP content with no changes.

The rest have altered content fitting western audience.

We use this to gauge reactions.

The reason I made the comment about sexualizing children is that I'm not naive. If you've been to block 1, 2, or 69 (or hell, even this forum sometimes), you know exactly what I'm talking about. I think it's perfectly fine if you want to make a giant or a dwarf or an adult or elder that's any of those sizes. But the reality is that we're going to get people that want to be really creepy about it.

To address Japanese norms, I regularly work in the adult industry myself, primarily with Japanese creators. I'm well-aware of the difference in cultural norms and I don't shame Japan for having different views on these things. But it's just not that appropriate for a global audience.

Regardless of what you can or can't do with the current heights, I think they're just fine as is. If they uncap them, oh well. I won't complain about it. But I do prefer them as they are now.

Some of you are trying to play a word / technicality game with me here and I am not buying into it.

"Interesting to say 16+ and say its okay"

Do you understand morality sir? I don't want to go off on a tangent but let it rest... geesh.

I jest.. merely pointing out that visually you get a good idea from whats in an appropriate age range or not MORE often than not. As For Magma's suggestion that would be not terrible but still not perfect nor stop people from acting out 'differently'

@ApollosAmour People will be weird and creepy anyways.

There's nothing you can really do to stop it and on top of that, the more people try and make this a problem, the more people will make these characters to get a reaction out of you.

It's the novelty of the idea why people go for X thing.

For instance I would definately make a small loli character the first thing if it was suddenly allowed on NA just to see the reaction of everyone on the forums.

not because I enjoy playing as them but rather just to prove a point on how many people overthink and go overboard with it.

@MagmaBlaze said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

How about we don't put any unnecessary limitations. As someone who is personally in real life, at the very cusp of the height minimum (assuming the units refer to cm), and actually do have some adult friends that are shorter, I would like to be able to have the same equal options as any other character.

@Archetype-Luna said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

How about we don't put any unnecessary limitations. As someone who is personally in real life, at the very cusp of the height minimum (assuming the units refer to cm), and actually do have some adult friends that are shorter, I would like to be able to have the same equal options as any other character.

I do understand, but I'm looking at the issue from a corps standpoint. They don't want to be seen as sexualizing children, which is why I made that statement. That nice bikini that shows alot of skin and leaves nothing to the imagination, no. The one piece, ok.

I do understand, but I'm looking at the issue from a corps standpoint. They don't want to be seen as sexualizing children, which is why I made that statement. That nice bikini that shows alot of skin and leaves nothing to the imagination, no. The one piece, ok.

Yeah, I am still against any form of censorship. It sets a precedent that I don't want. Honestly, it is already possible to make child-like characters under current parameters so there is already no point in the height restriction.

The height restriction is just unnecessary and causes more problems than it solves.

Yeah, I am still against any form of censorship. It sets a precedent that I don't want. Honestly, it is already possible to make child-like characters under current parameters so there is already no point in the height restriction.

The height restriction is just unnecessary and causes more problems than it solves.

Auxilleries. I dont actually use them because I can do it all by myself.

@MagmaBlaze The only acceptable compromise would be restricted and unrestricted servers.

This means for example Ships 1 and 3 would be restricted and ship 2 would be unrestricted to gauge wether or not it would be feasible to change.

People need to learn to separate fiction from reality. This is a game, not real life where kids are actually intentionally sexualized.

This isn't just about the height restriction either. It's the fact they are censoring our version compared to what is offered in Japan. It's absurd especially when this game has a M rating now. There shouldn't be any censorship with this rating.

Aion is anouther MMO that allows you to make tiny characters. Far smaller than anything PSO2 has and you can practically get outfits that make you close to naked like bikinis etc. Guess what? It has a T rating and it's fine. No censorship there.

There is no excuse for censorship in our version and everyone should be against this.

f0b59655-c33e-4f9e-b3a9-af2bcca80583-image.png

isn this like 140cm already? its soooo small in game and looks like a 12 years old xD i mean making characters even smaller doesn change the fact that some "models" in game look like kids already even with censorship

so what i wanna say is...if the censorings sole purpose is to "prevent people to sexualize kids" well duh that failed...guys can already do that even with censorship xd

I love when i'm proven right that this forum does complain about literally EVERYTHING.

People are complaining....about the MINIMUM FREAKING HEIGHT in an MMO.