The censorship on being short should be removed.

@dragonelete said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

please do not bring religion into a forum post because that is usually a very fast way of getting banned and/or getting the entire topic removed.

It my life and my personal beliefs! I am not witnessing just proclaiming. I am not quoting scripture just my reasoning for the toggle system if Sega decides to accommodate. I believe in Sega censorship as it is now not what you want it to be. The reason I accepted the TOS agreements.

@JuggernautGTX said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

to throw something in....this game is not only published in the US - please dont make it look like its a "US" server...there are at least 35 other countries were the game got published with different laws than the US

i have also looked through the laws of those other places (most of them are repeats of others) and the only one that MIGHT have problems is EU and even then the the law in question has not yet been passed and is so far being delayed indefinately.

From my understanding, after asking others, I believe Australia's rating board wouldn't have an issue with the removed cutscene, but they noted that they may have an issue with the height limitation. However, they also have stated that said rating board is not always the most consistent. I am unsure about other rating boards however.

Law wise, I don't think it would be an issue considering how games like Senran Kagura are also released in other countries. As Dragonelete said. the only one that might have a problem is a law that has yet to pass and is delayed indefinitely.

i have also looked through the laws of those other places (most of them are repeats of others) and the only one that MIGHT have problems is EU and even then the the law in question has not yet been passed and is so far being delayed indefinately.

i highly doubt that you studied german law - and "reading through" the billions of articles is pretty rough trust me...EU is not a country btw

I don't feel there's any law that would restrict the bath scene, nor even any of the other things removed and the limitations. And even as morally wrong we'd all see a no-age-stated loli-like character dancing semi naked on a pole or a chair, I strongly believe this was a decision made preemptively to address any future moral outrage that may have been created instead of fear of breaking any laws. From a PR standpoint, it's easier to defend a censor than something morally wrong. This isn't only for USA, but for other regions as well. So we'd have to see what each region brings in terms of morals, enough to prompt the dev team to do all the censors and limitations.

@Archetype-Luna said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

@RainGnyu If this was a violation of the ToS agreement, then I would have already been banned. I freely show this signature of mine. Also worth noting that I am not the person who made this video. The video was also posted publicly on reddit.

Subject isn’t about Reddit it is about Sega! I believe only cares about Sega platform but you keep talking about other non-relevant platform that does have the same rules and agreements as Sega NA. Another misdirection tactic!

@ZorokiHanuke said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

I strongly believe this was a decision made preemptively to address any future moral outrage that may have been created instead of fear of breaking any laws. From a PR standpoint, it's easier to defend a censor than something morally wrong.

and finally we got a winner in this whole thread....i am against consorship as well but what you are saying makes more sense than anything that was said of the "opposing" side in the past 100 pages of all threads together

@ZorokiHanuke said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

I don't feel there's any law that would restrict the bath scene, nor even any of the other things removed and the limitations. And even as morally wrong we'd all see a no-age-stated loli-like character dancing semi naked on a pole or a chair, I strongly believe this was a decision made preemptively to address any future moral outrage that may have been created instead of fear of breaking any laws. From a PR standpoint, it's easier to defend a censor than something morally wrong. This isn't only for USA, but for other regions as well. So we'd have to see what each region brings in terms of morals, enough to prompt the dev team to do all the censors and limitations.

Doesn’t matter! Sega censors it and that should be the end of story. You did sign the TOS agreement right?

@RainGnyu I don't see how mentioning reddit is misdirection; I am simply stating that the video is publicly viewable by anyone. I noted reddit as one manner in which the video has spread to multiple people. If the video was against Sega's ToS, they would have the video taken down on the platform it was released on, Youtube. However, the video persists so there are no signs of it violating ToS.

Doesn’t matter! Sega censors it and that should be the end of story. You did sign the TOS agreement right?

It does matter. The ToS does not prevent us from sending in feedback and discussing the matter on a public forum. If it did, many of us would have already been banned. The fact that we are still here is a sign that it is not against ToS.

@JuggernautGTX @ZorokiHanuke If the reason is due to a fear of moral outrage, then I think that is the situation with the best chance of having the censorship reversed. The one I feared the most was if Sony was intervening due to plans to release PSO2 globally on the Playstation. If the reasoning is only due to a fear of moral outrage, sending in support tickets on the matter and showing support for restoring the scenes have the most likely chance of the censorship being reversed.

@RainGnyu A TOS is not a signature for a dictatorship. The TOS tells you to follow certain rules, yet not one of them tells people to not post their opinion here or anywhere else. And this is what happens in these threads. People have the complete choice to enter and participate in them, but absolutely nobody in this part of the word has the right to try and silence anyone, even if that person is telling lies. Instead of silencing by telling people to stop talking, you silence them by correcting them IF they said something wrong. And if what's being said is just sentiments and opinions, then that's something that has any right to be said.

@Archetype-Luna said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

@RainGnyu I don't see how mentioning reddit is misdirection; I am simply stating that the video is publicly viewable by anyone. I noted reddit as one manner in which the video has spread to multiple people. If the video was against Sega's ToS, they would have the video taken down on the platform it was released on, Youtube. However, the video persists so there are no signs of it violating ToS.

It does matter. The ToS does not prevent us from sending in feedback and discussing the matter on a public forum. If it did, many of us would have already been banned. The fact that we are still here is a sign that it is not against ToS.

So are you trying to bandwagon the community for change to the censorship or discussing censorship and suppling non-censors content through other means?

@RainGnyu I am not bandwagoning anyone, never have and never will. I am doing a combination of raising awareness of the removed cutscene and proclaiming my stance on the matter. What stance others have is their prerogative. I can and have only been stating my own based on my experiences and my beliefs. ZorokiHanuke explains it better than I can.

@ApollosAmour Honestly I don't see teh bathscene nor the bedroom scene as directly sexual.

Rather it's super tamed and just funny.

But when I see a character openly being delusional, crazy and directly know she would get off from getting stabbed by Hitsugi. That's when I'm kinda not ok with things.

It goes a bit too far and that's only cause I've met many people who have been abused in their lives and basically brainwashed.

I used to go to school at one of these childrens psychiatric ward thingamajigies (Not sure what the correct wording is in english) where kids (From ages 7 to 18) were brought in, either due to abuse from parents, kids themselves being problematic or something entirely different.

And I was also at a mental ward for about a month due to personal issues which were a direct result from getting bullied for 7 years straight in every single way.

So I've seen some shit and some kid accidentally groping a female in a humorous accidental way is not as bad as brainwashed Kohri sexually getting aroused from the idea of Hitsugi stabbing her.

GMs lock this thread please it been discussed long enough.

@RainGnyu Until there's an explanation or reverting of the censorship, it won't have been discussed long enough. Also, it's very likely all GMs have been instructed to not interact with the censorship threads at all.

@JuggernautGTX said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

to throw something in....this game is not only published in the US - please dont make it look like its a "US" server...there are at least 35 other countries were the game got published with different laws than the US

There are enough issues going on in the US without adding fuel to the fire. Please as a reminder adding foreign input on US issues is what screwed us over to begin with lets please leave the politics out of the topic. I dont want to see this deleted too.. As much as it is global the US is still part of NATO and as such we need to keep the opinions neutral