The censorship on being short should be removed.

@IfrianMMO said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

You guys are purposefully missing and avoiding the point.

Everyone knows that there is nothing wrong with liking short people by itself. In fact, i like short girls myself.

It is also possible to appreciate short characters not from feeling attracted to them, but simply because they are adorable, case in point, the aforementioned FFXIV Lalafell.

No one is calling you a pedophile for liking short girls. I do not think that any of you is a pedophile

However, we do have a problem on PSO2 that is not met in similar games.

In most games where short characters are available, for instance, Tera and FFXIV, and i am mentioning these two because their small races made a lot of noise in their day, the character proportions and body types do not match those of a child.

Yes, they are cute, yes, they can be dressed quite forwardly, but no-one with eyeballs in their face can mistake those shapes, limbs, body/head proportions and overall look for children.

However, PSo2´s amazing character creator does allow and facilitate the shaping of characters like actual children and teenagers, and there´s an endless amount of fetishistic gear and accessories and costumes commonly worn by underaged individuals.

The problem is that in PSO2 You can make characters that are completely inappropriate and that should have no place in a MMORPG.

But that is not the only problem, because the issue is not just reserved to the appaerance of said characters, but their lack of presence/reason to be in the world.

In games like Tera or FFXIV, the small races are actually an integral part of the world, the economy, the geopolitical and social aspects of the entire planet.

You can see how they are all adults, and plenty of them are an integral part of the story, as queens, warriors, workers, builders, traders and politicians.

Not only they do not look like actual children but every single one of them has a part in the world and they are treated and visibly represented as adults.

PSO2 does not offer the same treatment for their inappropriate characters.

You need to understand that PSO2 is a very particular case, and you absolutely cannot compare the average Ship 02 loli to a Lalafell, it´s a completely different scenario.

You need to understand that while i am sure that every single one of you posting here is innocent and truly just wanted to make a cute, whole some character there are plenty of people who want to do otherwise, and uncensored PSO2 allows them to do it.

And you need to stop averting the gaze and ignoring the fact that it happened enough on PSO2JP during the last 8 years to be well known and discussed.

Microsoft did not pull the censorship out of their butts for no reason and with zero provocation, you are all intelligent enough to know that they had a solid reason to.

A game that publishes in the West simply cannot afford to allow that in their game.

And whether you like it or not it´s a fact that even Japan is starting to talk about it and making the first shy attempts at legislating what is permitted within it´s media.

Do understand that there will be every time more censorship, not less.

And while i understand and sympathize with everyone who is negatively affected by it, once again and for the last time there are very powerful reasons for it.

Maybe there will be one day when people use their common sense and will understand that "Can" is not equal to "should" but until that day, this is Censorshipville.

It's beyond cenosrship sometimes we won't even get games over here because of stuff like this. I give up though let it keep this way. Na is just full of a bunch of close minded snow flakes that find harm in everything. Snow flakes that don't even enjoy or play games at all. That want to ruin everything for everyone else. Yes there are creeps there will always be creep rigardless of pixals. Keep bringing up children there are kids being targeted through various ways and we're more worrried about saving pixals than looking at where the problem actually is in real life.

@IfrianMMO This is a load of bogus. FFXIV is a special case with Lafafell as they do not even look human but Tera Elins definitely resemble a doll like child character. Not that this is a big deal but you bring up the point that these types of characters have no place in a MMO. Why? It's a fictional universe and as long as they are not completely naked or having sex I don't see any problem with it. There doesn't need to be any reason for a small character to exist in the games universe. None of this shit is real. It wasn't an issue years ago and it isn't an issue now.

Lets be honest here. The only reason this type of censorship exists is because of a small highly vocal minority which have been brigading these types of "issues" over the years. Most of which do not even play the game but they feel the need to bring these "issues" to light. These companies cave into this shit and this has become very evident over the years especially in the US. 10-15 years ago none of this shit would have been censored.

I keep stating Aion as an example because it's perfect. You can make a child like character, dress it in a bikini and the game has a T rating. PSO2 has a M rating. You shouldn't even be a kid if you are playing this game. Everyone is an adult here so we don't need such themes hidden.

@Zenny said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

@IfrianMMO This is a load of bogus. FFXIV is a special case with Lafafell as they do not even look human but Tera Elins definitely resemble a doll like child character. Not that this is a big deal but you bring up the point that these types of characters have no place in a MMO. Why? It's a fictional universe and as long as they are not completely naked or having sex I don't see any problem with it. There doesn't need to be any reason for a small character to exist in the games universe as long as it remains fictional there is no issue. None of this shit is real. It wasn't an issue years ago and it isn't an issue now.

Lets be honest here. The only reason this type of censorship exists is because of a small highly vocal minority. Most of which do not even play the game but they feel the need to bring these "issues" to light. These companies cave into this shit and this has become very evident over the years. This is very prominent in the west. 10-15 years ago none of this shit would have been censored.

I keep stating Aion as an example because it's perfect. You can make a child like character, dress it in a bikini and the game has a T rating. PSO2 has a M rating. You shouldn't even be a kid if you are playing this game. Everyone is an adult here so we don't need such themes hidden.

If you think the Elin head/limb/hip/legs proportions are similar to a real life child, you need your eyes checked or to study the human body and anatomy and take some art classes.

However, you do have a very good point when it comes to Aion, i will concede that much, it had been so long since i last played i had forgotten about it.

However, your logic about how it was not a problem back then and all of the rest is kind of flippant, because there were conversations about it.

Furthermore, there were also plenty of other crimes and horrible things that were allowed 20 years ago or were less socially rejected, that are no longer getting a pass nowadays.

Saying that "It was okay in the past so it´s okay now" is quite frankly, bs.

Ultimately, you can say whatever you want but not only censorship is here to stay but there will be every time more and more censorship and i am not talking only about PSO2 but pretty much all over the media we consume.

Society as a whole has moved forward, you can keep pretending "It´s a minority" as much as you want but if it was truly a "Vocal Minority" they would not have so much power over things.

No business is stupid enough to get intimidated by a TRUE MINORITY because a TRUE MINORITY does not have the power to change things.

You keep repeating to yourselves that they are a minority but the number has grown exponentially and grows more every year.

Ah well, ultimately your words mean absolutely nothing and the future is coming whether you like it and walk alongside it or pointlessly get ran over by it.

@Zenny said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

@IfrianMMO This is a load of bogus. FFXIV is a special case with Lafafell as they do not even look human but Tera Elins definitely resemble a doll like child character. Not that this is a big deal but you bring up the point that these types of characters have no place in a MMO. Why? It's a fictional universe and as long as they are not completely naked or having sex I don't see any problem with it. There doesn't need to be any reason for a small character to exist in the games universe as long as it remains fictional there is no issue. None of this shit is real. It wasn't an issue years ago and it isn't an issue now.

Lets be honest here. The only reason this type of censorship exists is because of a small highly vocal minority. Most of which do not even play the game but they feel the need to bring these "issues" to light. These companies cave into this shit and this has become very evident over the years. This is very prominent in the west. 10-15 years ago none of this shit would have been censored.

If you think the Elin head/limb/hip/legs proportions are similar to a real life child, you need your eyes checked or to study the human body and anatomy and take some art classes.

However, you do have a very good point when it comes to Aion, i will concede that much, it had been so long since i last played i had forgotten about it.

However, your logic about how it was not a problem back then and all of the rest is kind of flippant, because there were conversations about it.

Furthermore, there were also plenty of other crimes and horrible things that were allowed 20 years ago or were less socially rejected, that are no longer getting a pass nowadays.

Saying that "It was okay in the past so it´s okay now" is quite frankly, bs.

Ultimately, you can say whatever you want but not only censorship is here to stay but there will be every time more and more censorship and i am not talking only about PSO2 but pretty much all over the media we consume.

Society as a whole has moved forward, you can keep pretending "It´s a minority" as much as you want but if it was truly a "Vocal Minority" they would not have so much power over things.

No business is stupid enough to get intimidated by a TRUE MINORITY because a TRUE MINORITY does not have the power to change things.

You keep repeating to yourselves that they are a minority but the number has grown exponentially and grows more every year.

Ah well, ultimately your words mean absolutely nothing and the future is coming whether you like it and walk alongside it or pointlessly get ran over by it.

Yes there will always be censorship but I disagree that society is moving foward. It has always been this way but its changed a bit. We have gotten "some" things they said we wouldn't see the light of day in gaming over here. Heck there are games on the nintendo switch I'm surprised are even on there.

There have been games that were censored at first then uncensored after some time.

@IfrianMMO Just because the proportions are slightly off does not mean it doesn't resemble a child like character. That is really undeniable. It was designed this way on purpose.

It is a minority. The average person doesn't give 2 craps about these non issues. They just aren't a big deal and never have been. You should do some research on cancel culture, SJW and public outrage in general because you really seem to have no idea how bad it can get. These people have always been a minority and made things that weren't even an issue an issue by screaming at the top of their lungs for change. You can see it happening a lot more in 2020 where companies simply cave in and make changes for this vocal minority. It's crazy and stupid but that's how it is. This also seeps into gaming too where these morons bring up "issues" that have never been issues and amplify it x1000.

Take this height issue in MMO games as an example. Years ago any normal person would have played a game and wouldn't think twice seeing a tiny character. Some would probably just see it as cute. All it takes is a handful of morons to take a non issue, slap some negativity around it as to why things need to change and publicly outcry for years. Suddenly seeing tiny characters in a game means "omg they are sexualizing children", "Kids naked!!!" etc. Of course companies see this shit and to avoid any more negative press they make changes even though the larger majority didn't give a fuck nor did they see it as a big deal like these morons were trying to make it out to be.

Take a shot for everytime a thread complaining about height censorship exists.

Prepare to lose a liver, boys. 🍻

@Ganguro said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

Na is just full of a bunch of close minded snow flakes that find harm in everything. Snow flakes that don't even enjoy or play games at all. That want to ruin everything for everyone else. Yes there are creeps there will always be creep rigardless of pixals. Keep bringing up children there are kids being targeted through various ways and we're more worrried about saving pixals than looking at where the problem actually is in real life.

That's a very interesting statement coming from someone whining they can't make a roughly 10 cm smaller person. GAME FOREVER RUINED. THIS IS CENSORSHIP. DON'T SILENCE MY PERSONAL VOICE VIA ROUGHLY 4 INCHES!

@Monomate said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

Na is just full of a bunch of close minded snow flakes that find harm in everything. Snow flakes that don't even enjoy or play games at all. That want to ruin everything for everyone else. Yes there are creeps there will always be creep rigardless of pixals. Keep bringing up children there are kids being targeted through various ways and we're more worrried about saving pixals than looking at where the problem actually is in real life.

That's a very interesting statement coming from someone whining they can't make a roughly 10 cm smaller person. GAME FOREVER RUINED. THIS IS CENSORSHIP. DON'T SILENCE MY PERSONAL VOICE VIA ROUGHLY 4 INCHES!

I never said the game was forever ruined lol. Reading comprehension skills on point.

@Novaline said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

It´s even more pathetic when you come to realize that most of the posters in the other platforms are the very same people complaining here.

Like, i understand being upset and making the thread once, but literally spamming it for weeks and more weeks on every platform imaginable?

The funniest part is that the difference is not even that big, you can still make completely adorable and wholesome characters with the current height.

It´s even more pathetic when you come to realize that most of the posters in the other platforms are the very same people complaining here.

Like, i understand being upset and making the thread once, but literally spamming it for weeks and more weeks on every platform imaginable?

The funniest part is that the difference is not even that big, you can still make completely adorable and wholesome characters with the current height.

What's pathetic is they didn't even tell anyone about the changes. If they did I would have let it go. It took someone online to explain it for any of us to know.

Exactly, I've seen 5' 0" characters that are pretty adorable. YOU CAN MAKE LOLIS THAT TALL, like chill the fuck out. You don't need your 4' 5" gremlins that badly.

I never said the game was forever ruined lol. Reading comprehension skills on point.

Here's a secret. When you start resorting to ad hominem with nothing else productive to add, you've basically lost the argument. :}

Exactly, I've seen 5' 0" characters that are pretty adorable. YOU CAN MAKE LOLIS THAT TALL, like chill the fuck out. You don't need your 4' 5" gremlins that badly.

Literally no one is forcing any of you to be here or in this thread. You're coming here to complain about a thread that annoys you. When you simply can just ignore it no? Which is what I don't understand. You come to pick a fight over a topic that annoys you?

@Monomate said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

Here's a secret. When you start resorting to ad hominem with nothing else productive to add, you've basically lost the argument. :}

There was never an argument. I stated I never said the game was forever ruined. I was correcting your false statment. I stated above. I still enjoy this game.

What's pathetic is they didn't even tell anyone about the changes. If they did I would have let it go. It took someone online to explain it for any of us to know.

What do you even mean?

This was discussed pretty much since the beta, unless you joined the game with the Steam release, this is a well known fact everyone was aware for ages now.