The censorship on being short should be removed.

@Ephemiel Welcome to a world where we dont really have that many issues for the common joe.

@Ephemiel said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

I love when i'm proven right that this forum does complain about literally EVERYTHING.

People are complaining....about the MINIMUM FREAKING HEIGHT in an MMO.

think of this: the game is only giving you the option to make dark skinned characters - censoring all other colour options....ppl would feel descriminated and flame SEGA for not giving them the option to make their characters "white" .... i think short ppl feel the same way and wanna create a character to their likings

@JuggernautGTX said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

I love when i'm proven right that this forum does complain about literally EVERYTHING.

People are complaining....about the MINIMUM FREAKING HEIGHT in an MMO.

think of this: the game is only giving you the option to make dark skinned characters - censoring all other colour options....ppl would feel descriminated and flame SEGA for not giving them the option to make their characters "white" .... i think short ppl feel the same way and wanna create a character to their likings

You can already make a short character, so that example failed HARD.

Also it's EXTREMELY idiotic to compare the stupid height to not being able to change their skin color. I really don't know why i bother coming to this forum for anything when all i see is people moaning about the dumbest things just for the sake of complaining.

@Ephemiel > You can already make a short character, so that example failed HARD.

Also it's EXTREMELY idiotic to compare the stupid height to not being able to change their skin color.

believe it or not ppl exist who are 120cm or 130cm and maybe want their character to look the same...i think my comparision is perfect cause it shows that all of a sudden thats a thing wich would bother you and you would complain about if it exist...and then a second ephemiel comes into the discussion and says "ephemiel1 you are full of shit get out of this forum if you complain about something as unimportant as that"

same as the steam release - its not available in your country and all of a sudden thats the one topic you made about 20 complaints about but trashtalk people who have problems about different things...did anybody come in and say to you "haha get shit on stop complaining and use microsoft store or move to another country if you dont like it" - no nobody done that

I don't really play "short" characters myself - had a 148cm character that I couldn't port to NA from JP (other 2 were fine) and just made a 170cm+ CAST instead. But as a JP player with the lower height restrictions - there's plenty of players that plays characters under 150cm. I find it really unfair that people just automatic consider them as "creeps". Sure there are people that dress provocatively, but that is the same on NA - I would say the vast majority of them dress normally.

This topic has been around since Feb - and I really don't see it changing in all honesty

I really don't know why i bother coming to this forum for anything when all i see is people moaning about the dumbest things just for the sake of complaining.

We don't know either, you obviously don't have a good time here - only here to attack people or complain about people complaining or complaining about getting region locked.

@Ephemiel The censorship and not being told in the first place that we weren't going to be getting the same exact customization as Jp. You can just ignore it no one is forcing you to listen. No one is forcing you to be here you chose to. Bye Bye don't let the front door hit you on the way out. I will never support censorship especially one as ridiculous as this. If it doesn't interest you then just ignore it like everyone else.

Leaving aside if height is censoring or is an issue... Do some of you actually expect them to address this in any meaningful manner with their track record?

0 communication on basically everything from release date to reruns to SG.
The game also is expected to have a really short lifespan if they're actually thinking of a global release for new Genesis.

You're free to do as you like but i think posting in this forum is 1000% useless, posting on their JP twitter is probably the only faint hope to be heard.

@Efreet2695 said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

Leaving aside if height is censoring or is an issue... Do some of you actually expect them to address this in any meaningful manner with their track record?

0 communication on basically everything from release date to reruns to SG.
The game also is expected to have a really short lifespan if they're actually thinking of a global release for new Genesis.

You're free to do as you like but i think posting in this forum is 1000% useless, posting on their JP twitter is probably the only faint hope to be heard.

Oh no worries I've posted (commented) on the twitter.

People don't seem to really understand this.

Sega-JP, who has final say in the game, chose not to include characters short enough to look like children because they respect and understand the social expectations of a foreign country. Social expectations are a big deal in Japan, much moreso than free speech to them.

The 'censorship' you are seeing is due to the culture that creates the media you idolize so much.

@Swordhaver said in The censorship on being short should be removed.:

People don't seem to really understand this.

Sega-JP, who has final say in the game, chose not to include characters short enough to look like children because they respect and understand the social expectations of a foreign country. Social expectations are a big deal in Japan, much moreso than free speech to them.

The 'censorship' you are seeing is due to the culture that creates the media you idolize so much.

If that's the case then fine I'll let it go. Thank you

@Swordhaver There's just one problem...

They never communicated this change and there are tons of other games that got released from SEGA with super short customizable chars to America that didn't get changed.

So that argument is kinda null ain't it?

The worst part is not having any communication from Sega, Microsoft, Forum admins etc about this makes it even worse.

It feels very shady and scummy if I am being honest.

It's like they are just gona dump some stuff, say they gave you all the ''content'' even if they didn't and just abandon NA.

@SleeprunnerInc That doesn't really hold up too well though.

Of course people will be weird and creepy anyways, especially given the blocks I just mentioned (lol), but I don't think that justifies them removing a cap which helps curb it a bit.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really bother me since our avatars are reflections of ourselves, but I'm sure it's something SEGA is aware of or else we wouldn't have any cap at all.

@ApollosAmour For me personally, that's the only issue I have.

That it never was communciated or talked about by the devs.

Sega should have done what FFXIV does with the regular livestreams.

elin-tera-races-racial-skills-passives.jpg

This is a playable (female only) race in the MMO Tera called Elin. They stand from 116-140 cm tall. Every single one of them are at least 1000 years old and don't actually possess sex organs nor can they reproduce. If there are as many paedophiles in MMOs and games as you think, this race would've been targeted by them almost certainly, per your accusations. Not only is this not the case but the race actually saved the MMO, and is by far the most popular by a very large margin.

This is clear and obvious proof that small, feminine characters can in fact exist without these supposed "creeps". Where are your numbers and actual statistics that prove otherwise?

@SleeprunnerInc EH, technically SEGA does do PSO2 Station but that's for JP only. As for FFXIV live letters, it still get the forums up in pitchforks at times about not being live translated.

SEGA have decent/good communications with the JP server, just not the other servers - was same for SEA and TW. Bugs in the game typically fixed within a week (recently 12 star units fiasco) or if it's major enough - emergency maintenance (this week there was a problem with team shop - the compensation for the maint was good too)