Thoughts on the Ragol Fashion 2nd Edition

Phantasy Star Online 2 -Ragol Fashion 2nd Edition- For 29.99 you get

Ragol Memory (x10) Currency

ARKS Badge: Black (x1) Currency

AC Scratch Ticket (x12) Scratch Ticket

I for one do not like this new pack, the original was definitely a deal cuz it came with 30 day premium pass and a mission pass but now I feel like it has lost value, the black badge is not really worth it IMO, what are your thoughts about this pack?

Any things that we could suggest to make it better? As is I feel like it should be less then 30 like 25 maybe.

I just want to see what everyone else here thinks about it

And yes I know that they were losing a big of money from the pack seeing that 12 ac tickets is almost 25 and a 30 day premium pass is 15, so now I guess the pack is no longer a loss but the pack just doesn’t feel like it’s worth it anymore, at lest IMO

Yea, I used to buy the ragol packs mainly because I don't think premium is worth 15$ for what it has to offer and the memories and ac tickets made it an OK price.

Yeah the new pack isn't nearly as worth it as the original. It would seem they realized they were giving at least $47 value for $30 and that doesn't quite align with their scummy business ideology. Cant be having any good deals in this game. So the only solution was to take out the 2 things that made it worth having.

Oh wait, I'm going by Cad, never mind. Whats the badge give exactly?

@SaviorZero82 said in Thoughts on the Ragol Fashion 2nd Edition:

And yes I know that they were losing a big of money from the pack seeing that 12 ac tickets is almost 25 and a 30 day premium pass is 15, so now I guess the pack is no longer a loss but the pack just doesn’t feel like it’s worth it anymore, at lest IMO

I wouldn't say they were losing money on the previous pack either. Sometimes, deals like that makes more people willing to spend a bit extra for that deal. Like someone who usually may have only purchased premium and not AC Scratch tickets, may have purchased said pack because they were getting more value per dollar.

Remember that they suffer no production costs on these as the product is not physical.

@SaviorZero82 Honestly, the more I think about it, they probably will make more money from the previous pack than the current. The 2nd Edition pack doesn't have the same value to be worth it. People didn't buy it for the Ragol Memories; they bought it for the premium and ac tickets combo.

It was honestly a mistake to get rid of the original Ragol pack. They would have likely made a much larger profit from keeping the original pack. I am hoping that whoever is in charge of this will notice and return the old pack.

@Archetype-Luna I agree, the items that you can get from the black badge are just not worth the same value as the premium pass was

@Redex Here is the list of items 2 accessories 4 mag evos and 3 furnishings all but one can be sold on the store and that’s the mag evo Dreamcast

AB6B1B89-637F-48A8-BC59-5462DC05E057.jpeg

@Redex said in Thoughts on the Ragol Fashion 2nd Edition:

Oh wait, I'm going by Cad, never mind. Whats the badge give exactly?

It's only exchangeable for a scant few Sega console related things, like Genesis/Dreamcast mag skins, accessories to wear, and furniture. You can see for yourself at the memory/badge shop. The Pink tab is now named Pink/Black and has stuff for both badges together.

As a general on topic opinion, the black badge DOES fit in with the theme of the pack, which is all about nostalgia, but the loss of premium hurt it way too much. Sure, it's always better than nothing, but prem coupled with scratch tickets was indeed one of the strongest reasons to buy that pack. Guess Sega caught on and snipped it in the bud. I STILL feel it's better to buy this pack if you want to play scratch, though.

@ZorokiHanuke yeah you only have to make one transaction with his pack to get 12 AC tickets, you would think they would sell a 2200 AC Pack instead of 100,1k,3k

I bought 5 Ragol Packs for the premium. Now, I would only consider one for the Ragol Memories.

@SaviorZero82 said in Thoughts on the Ragol Fashion 2nd Edition:

@ZorokiHanuke yeah you only have to make one transaction with his pack to get 12 AC tickets, you would think they would sell a 2200 AC Pack instead of 100,1k,3k

This thing about selling more of a cash currency is a strategy implemented in some games. It's made so it's hard to get the currency to 0, so you see some currency always there waiting for you to get some more to spend it together, but as you buy the next pack, you still end up with some remnants. It does not work with everyone, of course, but some people may be nudged to buy more if they see it there unused. I don't know the details. Just that some money minded people analyzed this and felt they'd sell more by doing that, and apparently it works because humans...

@SaviorZero82

Not bad! I'd be interested in a couple of those mags, having said that I get that it no longer offers the premium so that's not ideal for the player but at least they did follow it up with an additional item. Maybe a reduced price down the line after the initial steam launch is done with ..maybe. I see your angles though, valid thread.