Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@E-M-E-R-G-E-N-C-Y Almost like people actually give a shit and are annoyed that SEGA has been tight lipped.

I want to see the censorship removed entierly, not just explained or excused. The only good censorship is no censorship.

Knowing that we are missing things from the original really bugs me, if they promise all of the content we expect ALL of the content! I find it quite ridiculous that they were allowed to get away with removing parts of the story without valid reason.

@E-M-E-R-G-E-N-C-Y said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

This is like the 3rd or 4th 80+ page thread about censorship and from what it looks like they still haven't addressed this. :^)

Should They?

@Archetype-Luna One censor/change I havn't seen mentioned is the Ep 4 trailer. In the JP trailer Yamato has the Imperial Japanese Chrysanthemum crest while in Global it was changed to the Mother Corp crest.

@Kodiakmax-101 Ah, that one was changed in JP also, I believe before they implemented into the actual game.

But the producer wrote a lengthy letter to the players explaining although they had every copyright/legal means to use the crest, they agreed with some of the players that it was disrespectful as the crest is still being used by the Japanese royal family and don't want people to see it as an attack on Japan or presenting the crest as an enemy to the people.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/8274/

@The-Merfox said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu The censored outfits and height have no bearing on the story, nor do the changed weapon names and the way your auxiliary talks. Also, nothing in the game is related to a church, so "liturgically" is irrelevant, much like people's appreciation of the censorship.

Again, people's experience would've been almost the exact same without the censorship. It did not need to happen in a game rated M.

That dude is either a troll or a religious zealot, which is why I blocked him a long time ago. He loves the censorship, has made posts that attempted to upset veteran JP players, and tried to start several flame wars by just being a rude a$$hole. Calling people woodworms among other insults. I once called him out on his need for attention, and the whole "I want to be famous" thing in his signature, talked about how he acted religious, but was going against the whole no idolatry thing, by trying to become an idol himself, just to see how he'd react. Dude got heavily defensive. I also asked how old he was based on his very edgy teen like responses, and he kept saying what did his age have to do with anything, as he got defensive about that as well.

He also has a habit about not wanting his game controlled by others, yet constantly tries to control others, both how they chose to play the game, and their opinions, by calling anyone that thinks differently than him part of a cult, says they are brainwashed, or are apart of some fabricated bandwagon that he's created in his mind, all whilst ignoring the simple fact that we are all individual people, with individual opinions, that happen to line up in this one instance. He wants censorship to stay, to stick it to some invisible enemy he's created for himself, and has no other arguments as to why it should stay, that are even remotely valid.

My advice to you and anyone else bothered by Rain's posts, is to just block him, and ignore him entirely, as he only ever seeks to derail threads, and get them locked, as he's even gone so far as to make forum threads in the past asking admins publicly to do just that. He thrives off of the chaos he sows, and the attention he craves so much, so not giving him that is all we have.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@The-Merfox said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu The censored outfits and height have no bearing on the story, nor do the changed weapon names and the way your auxiliary talks. Also, nothing in the game is related to a church, so "liturgically" is irrelevant, much like people's appreciation of the censorship.

Again, people's experience would've been almost the exact same without the censorship. It did not need to happen in a game rated M.

That dude is either a troll or a religious zealot, which is why I blocked him a long time ago. He loves the censorship, has made posts that attempted to upset veteran JP players, and tried to start several flame wars by just being a rude a$$hole. Calling people woodworms among other insults. I once called him out on his need for attention, and the whole "I want to be famous" thing in his signature, talked about how he acted religious, but was going against the whole no idolatry thing, by trying to become an idol himself, just to see how he'd react. Dude got heavily defensive. I also asked how old he was based on his very edgy teen like responses, and he kept saying what did his age have to do with anything, as he got defensive about that as well.

He also has a habit about not wanting his game controlled by others, yet constantly tries to control others, both how they chose to play the game, and their opinions, by calling anyone that thinks differently than him part of a cult, says they are brainwashed, or are apart of some fabricated bandwagon that he's created in his mind, all whilst ignoring the simple fact that we are all individual people, with individual opinions, that happen to line up in this one instance. He wants censorship to stay, to stick it to some invisible enemy he's created for himself, and has no other arguments as to why it should stay, that are even remotely valid.

My advice to you and anyone else bothered by Rain's posts, is to just block him, and ignore him entirely, as he only ever seeks to derail threads, and get them locked, as he's even gone so far as to make forum threads in the past asking admins publicly to do just that. He thrives off of the chaos he sows, and the attention he craves so much, so not giving him that is all we have.

I believe you have me confused with someone else! Please link this conversation you claim we had. Yes I have called people woodworms in retaliation to people calling me and others Trolls become we think differently to the topic issues and have expressed ourselves contrary to those like yourself.

But the conversation you say we have had on a similar topic I don’t recall and view this statement has an attack to my integrity in order to strengthen your own, personal view point or maybe you are confused on who you have had conversation with that is in opposition to your own?!

@Anarchy-Marine

I’m surprised even this thread is still going, what with the absurd posts made in General in retaliation for this thread existing.

@Milk I wouldn't know, I blocked most of the ones making the most absurd posts, because they just repeat the same sh#t in circles, because they have no real arguments as to why an M rated game should have had anything censored, or removed entirely. I don't like people that argue or debate in circles because that shows a lack of logic and reason. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results, and their views, and the nature with which they attempt to force those views on people that just want the full experience of the game, with nothing changed, (accept for translated texts, and English dubbing) is done with repetition, almost to the affect at attempting to gaslight people, and is insanity in my eyes.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Milk I wouldn't know, I blocked most of the ones making the most absurd posts, because they just repeat the same sh#t in circles, because they have no real arguments as to why an M rated game should have had anything censored, or removed entirely. I don't like people that argue or debate in circles because that shows a lack of logic and reason. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results, and their views, and the nature with which they attempt to force those views on people that just want the full experience of the game, with nothing changed, (accept for translated texts, and English dubbing) is done with repetition, almost to the affect at attempting to gaslight people, and is insanity in my eyes.

Just like this thread topic but nothing changed...85 pages in and still the same. People still playing the game and enjoying themselves.

I think some people trying to hard and always same people talking.

I am out! Have fun talking about something that isn’t going to change.

@Anarchy-Marine

I only know because it was the last straw for me, after repeated attempts to see things from their perspective or at least encourage discussion of why they felt that way. Like you, I never got an answer. It just sucks even after blocking someone you can still see their replies if someone quotes them so it’s kind of only half-effective. I thought about making a forum suggestion about it.

@Milk It's better this way, because people new to the conversation won't know, and when they inevitably get targeted by those same people, the rest of us can fill them in so they aren't wasting their time, and sanity as well.

RainGnyu: "Have fun talking about something that isn’t going to change."

You're right. The way this is going Sega's attitude towards pso2 na probably won't change, even as big as this topic is nothing has changed. Something else needs to be done. What suggestion in this forum actually went through that didn't benefit sega of japan, I can't think of one. Them undoing censorship doesn't benefit them (it pretty much does nothing for or against them). They have barely even acknowledged it.

They haven't given us a reason for the censorship when asked probably because doing so doesn't benifit them at all and we won't like what they have to say which pretty much is "we are covering our butts" (which is a side neither on the censorship or anti censorship sides). Who would want to see that? That would personally just make me more angry.

We should bug Sega of Japan somewhere else, like Sega of japan's twitter accounts (not the NA ones) since complaining here looks like it won't do anything. This is just Estsoft's problem, while sega of japan can just ignore our complaints.

The @sega_pso2 and @SEGA_OFFICIAL twitter accounts are whom we should be complaining to. Not someone who works here and speaks to sega of japan on our behalf.