Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@MasterDarkwingz said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Weirdo said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

It also doesn't make sense to spend extra money just to appease these people while angering the actual fans at the same time.

Wait, how much money was inflated? And where?

I am talking about increased development costs that are needed to pay the people making the changes.

Can I say something on this thread?

Not surprised political correctness is polluting video games just like it is polluting the minds of many worldwide. I mean outside of video games you have groups in the K-pop industry having mandatory classes about "cultural appropriation" which is a load of bullshit made up by people who want to cry/ get offended about everything. It's always been appreciation and even if the person doesn't know anything about the origins, nobody that is normal gives a shit. Nobody owns anything. They're doing this stuff primarily because of the western audience. That's how fucked the west is right now mentally and sadly we are exporting our stupidity globally.

If what that leak said is true I find it hilarious that Capcom thinks that The Last of us part II is a positive example LGBTQ characters. The Zelda thing was absurd as well much like a large portion of what was said.

"Cases where an armor set in Monster Hunter World shows more skin on the female character was also seen as a bad thing."

What? I find this very hard to believe. Sexy female outfits in MMO type games have always sold the best and in general been the most popular by a significant margin especially when it comes to Asian made games.

Whole thing is absurd. I hope this type of shit eventually comes to an end because it's ruining video games. Also they need to stop with the politics in video games. Get that shit the hell out.

@Zenny said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Whole thing is absurd. I hope this type of shit eventually comes to an end because it's ruining video games. Also they need to stop with the politics in video games. Get that shit the hell out.

I don't really see the problem with controversial political themes in video games if they're written well enough. The political gatekeeping censorship can go rot in a ditch though. Why can't we all just go back to mockery of things we don't like instead of trying to actively destroy them?

Because people can't seem to seperate fiction from reality.

Makes everything stale for the people who can.

People griping about videogames isn’t new but wow it feels like they kicked it into high gear lately. No game feels safe and it has me worried about more silly changes.

I like the changes!

@RainGnyu This isn't about whether or not people like the changes, it's about the fact they were thoroughly unneeded, and that people who like or don't mind the changes could've had a nearly identical experience without them. Saying you like the changes effectively brings nothing to the conversation.

There’s a Christmas outfit called Glamoura Mignon in JP I’m wondering will get the censor because it’s basically ribbons wrapped around the body lewdly. I personally just want the hair for the outfit but I wonder if they will attempt to edit it or leave it out of Global entirely. Just speculating for future censorship.

I suppose we'll see with the coming Christmas scratch ticket and find out if it's there.

@The-Merfox said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@RainGnyu This isn't about whether or not people like the changes, it's about the fact they were thoroughly unneeded, and that people who like or don't mind the changes could've had a nearly identical experience without them. Saying you like the changes effectively brings nothing to the conversation.

I personally think it is more elegant both visually and liturgically. I personally believes it gives a more meaningful insight to the plot of the story and keeps the viewers engaged emotionally.

@RainGnyu The censored outfits and height have no bearing on the story, nor do the changed weapon names and the way your auxiliary talks. Also, nothing in the game is related to a church, so "liturgically" is irrelevant, much like people's appreciation of the censorship.

Again, people's experience would've been almost the exact same without the censorship. It did not need to happen in a game rated M.

So its a safe bet, we'll have content cut from New Genesis in the future as well....

This is like the 3rd or 4th 80+ page thread about censorship and from what it looks like they still haven't addressed this. :^)