Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.

@Shinjukusomodin said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

@Shinjukusomodin said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Came here to say something about the Royal Fantasy censorship, now I'm just appalled at how despite the presence of this thread and it being here for so long MS/Sega(Iunno who is responsible for the censorship) has given not a single **** and continued to cut content.

I'm a pc player, if anything these decisions feel designed to push me towards just playing on JP. All I know is I'm done spending any money on this release, fashion is a big part of the endgame, with as expensive as it is paying for premium, inventory, character storage, and character slots- what is the point of investing and waiting for content they will either just censor or remove entirely? JP has an English patch, better translations, is cheaper (e.g. sg much easier to farm for etc), up to date content, and no censorship of course. This isn't even going into the major technical issues caused exclusively by greed, such as the MS store nightmare.

Hate to say this but it needs to be said, the mmo I played before this had censorship as well, didn't get fixed until the publisher went bankrupt and another company bought the localization rights and felt different about the issue. Not trying to deter anyone from making their voice heard, if anything I hope it inspires people to make a much bigger stink about this because it takes a mountain of pressure to get a company to reverse these decisions. If there is one thing anyone reading this post will take with them, I hope it is that statement.

Thanks for ruining an otherwise great game MS/Sega, you make me sick.

Still a good game. I would say go to the JP servers if you feel this way. Its better to act and not just talk. It will show a message when the player base continues to go down from many, many different reasons.

Might I ask what game you played before this? I'm curious and would like to look into that game as well.

Get bent, I already said I'm acting by withholding any purchases made for this version of the game, and making once voice heard is very much acting. You can also keep your apologist attitude, everything you enjoy in this world has come from others fighting for it while the ignorant such as yourself defend the status quo.

Why are you being hostile? I don't think I said anything that would be taken rude or anything.

Are you telling me i've never fought for anything in my lifetime? I suggest perhaps taking a breather once in a while and replying after said breather. Could do wonders.

I'm still curious about the game you played before PSO2. What was it?

EDIT:

F O R E V E R Y I K E S

@Ashe-Kinsilla said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.:

Came here to say something about the Royal Fantasy censorship, now I'm just appalled at how despite the presence of this thread and it being here for so long MS/Sega(Iunno who is responsible for the censorship) has given not a single **** and continued to cut content.

I'm a pc player, if anything these decisions feel designed to push me towards just playing on JP. All I know is I'm done spending any money on this release, fashion is a big part of the endgame, with as expensive as it is paying for premium, inventory, character storage, and character slots- what is the point of investing and waiting for content they will either just censor or remove entirely? JP has an English patch, better translations, is cheaper (e.g. sg much easier to farm for etc), up to date content, and no censorship of course. This isn't even going into the major technical issues caused exclusively by greed, such as the MS store nightmare.

Hate to say this but it needs to be said, the mmo I played before this had censorship as well, didn't get fixed until the publisher went bankrupt and another company bought the localization rights and felt different about the issue. Not trying to deter anyone from making their voice heard, if anything I hope it inspires people to make a much bigger stink about this because it takes a mountain of pressure to get a company to reverse these decisions. If there is one thing anyone reading this post will take with them, I hope it is that statement.

Thanks for ruining an otherwise great game MS/Sega, you make me sick.

Still a good game. I would say go to the JP servers if you feel this way. Its better to act and not just talk. It will show a message when the player base continues to go down from many, many different reasons.

Might I ask what game you played before this? I'm curious and would like to look into that game as well.

Get bent, I already said I'm acting by withholding any purchases made for this version of the game, and making once voice heard is very much acting. You can also keep your apologist attitude, everything you enjoy in this world has come from others fighting for it while the ignorant such as yourself defend the status quo.

Why are you being hostile? I don't think I said anything that would be taken rude or anything.

Are you telling me i've never fought for anything in my lifetime? I suggest perhaps taking a breather once in a while and replying after said breather. Could do wonders.

I'm still curious about the game you played before PSO2. What was it?

EDIT:

F O R E V E R Y I K E S

Your response came off as dismissive and condescending, "love it or leave it" tends to be a nationalistic and ignorant statement. If that wasn't your intention then I apologize, but that's how it came off on the surface.

I can't give you the name of the last game I played as I worked for the publisher, like it or not I can't give you any more information than that.

@Shinjukusomodin

I can see where you're coming from and i'm sorry if did really sound that way. I'm more of a "If I feel this is wrong and its affecting my game, i'll leave for the better version" kind of person.

I don't think there is anything else to talk about between us, unless there is another part of the subject that gets brought up.

I also don't think thats how that works.. a small red flag but since you cant give me anymore information about a game that is possibly still alive atm, I understand and wont press anymore.

If I lived in Japan, I would absolutely play the "better" version, playing JP from NA has its own set of hurdles, not to mention an 8 year gap between the veteran players and gear or cosmetics that had limited availability, it's kind of frustrating to have to even explain something that should have been very obvious to begin with.

It is also kind of a rude thing to do, when people are trying to do whatever they can to improve essentially their region of the game and/or vent their frustrations, in the very part of the forums dedicated to it no less, and you're basically telling them to just go away.

Again, not trying to be too rude or start a fight, just laying things out how I see them.

As for the aforementioned game, it is very much alive, just under a different publisher that has flourished because they actually listened to the player base, giving out more information is not going to do anything crazy to me, just reveal a little more about myself than I am comfortable with.

It is also kind of a rude thing to do, when people are trying to do whatever they can to improve essentially their region of the game and/or vent their frustrations, in the very part of the forums dedicated to it no less, and you're basically telling them to just go away.

I don't think its rude at all. By all means please keep posting and fight the good fight. I don't recall ever telling anyone to go away. I suggested a route to take to show Sega that you are fed up with what ever your problem is(Which many people have done already). You took a different way. However, I did not tell you to go away. I however have been told to go away in this thread. Will you call them out? Or is it just people who have a different opinion that need to go away.

Every thread in the suggestion part of the forum has at least one person who disagrees and writes out why they disagree. "Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree."' I think i've done this. If I was stepping over the line I expect my post to be deleted or be warned through PMs.

I do understand what you mean about personal stuff. A couple of people in this thread has searched for people's online footprints and found some weird things. However, unless the publisher that went out of business was like a 5 man team, I don't think anyone could really find you unless you used Shinjukusomodin as your ign, forum name or whatever. I dont think mmos are published by small teams. Still a red flag to me. Thats the best part of the internet. Can say what you want until you get hit with a ban hammer or whatever.

If you ever feel like I am stepping over the line or being rude for no reason, report me. Or put me on your block list. Seems to work well.

@Shinjukusomodin said in Can we not cut out anymore story scenes and stop it with censorship in general.: I however have been told to go away in this thread. Will you call them out? Or is it just people who have a different opinion that need to go away.

I said in my original post that I just discovered this thread, no offense but I'm not going through 70+ pages.

With the hostilities dismissed, I think it's best that we just agree to disagree on whatever is remaining, this has become largely a personal discussion and I'd prefer this thread to return to it's intended purpose without further derailments- at least not by any part of my own, as such I will bow out.

You know what they should have focused on, instead of cutting things, or censoring content out of the game? That would have been file efficiency, and maybe a not so buggy launcher/updater. My elder brother is playing via steam, and is now running into the problem of it failing to update properly, and having him restart the download. Free to play or not, this shouldn't be an issue anymore, as it's been months. Fixing, and preventing real coding errors, and bugs should be priority one, and instead, pre-launch, some higher up at SEGA had the developers focused on what content could be considered too taboo for the global audience.

The answer was none, short of the few that take issue with anything and everything, which are fools you can never please. So now instead PC players have the short end of the stick, unless they use the tweaker, and not everyone trusts third party applications to fix issues that the developers themselves should have fixed, and should be fixing. I know that many that play, trust the tweaker, and the people behind it, but people like my brother know they can't hold third parties legally liable for any wrongdoing, not that the team behind it would, but it's a risk I know he at least isn't willing to take.

I get that the developers are heavily taxed, even more so with Covid, so I'm not upset with them. I'm upset with those in charge that seem to do a poor job leading their developers to success. Those that micromanage, those that have their priorities in the wrong places, and those that treat their customers like illlogical children, need to take a step back and re-evaluate the situation.

If they don't, and they keep going this route, This version of the game will likely only be for console gamers, and when something else catches the eye of these new players, how many will fall off. How many console players are that into this game? A decent number, sure, but I don't think it's as large, or as dedicated as PC players, that went to the lengths they did to play when the game first launched in Japan.

I think its screwed that they got shafted not just in cut content, ( which effects veteran players the most, but everyone as a whole to some degree) but in overall quality of launcher, and playability. People on PC, several months after even Steam release, shouldn't have to use a tweaker to make the game run, and update properly. My console version of the game has graphics sliders that the PC version doesn't, which makes little to no sense. Again, that requires the tweaker, something that at this point shouldn't be needed.

This topic has been a dead horse for a while, so has the mess that is the PC version. I feel bad for the developers, because they are stuck in between a rock and a hard place, and will likely get all the blame for any and all failures, failures that the leadership is responsible for, as they created the issues when forcing a crunch onto their employees, and then tacked on a bunch of meaningless changes to the game.

Edit: I wanted to clarify that when I wrote this rant last night, I was upset, because my bother told me that he's never had a game have this many issues downloading something like an update, and that if he keeps having the issue, that he's just going to uninstall the game, and never touch it again. There aren't many cross play games that he and I can play. And even fewer that he and I would both enjoy.

@Liam-J-McAdam I agree with the handler comment, which basically feels wrong.

Master may have a somewhat sexual connotation to it but changing it handler just makes it sound... wrong.

Your master orders you to do X is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than Your handler orders you to do X, too.

We shouldn’t have to play the jp version to get the full game and it makes me angry they “promised” not to change anything, that we would get the exact same content and experience. If you want to treat your players like children then change your M rating.

We have stripper poles, basewear that barely covers your front or your back, child NPC wearing bondage fetish clothes and god knows what else in this game and this is the hill they choose to die on? The changes are stupid, they were a complete waste of time.

Why wasn’t some of that time and effort used to fix the bugs or the broken economy? You only get one shot to show a massive stream of incoming players that your game is worth playing. I come from Steam and when I started, the reviews for this game were plain ugly. I have fond memories on my Dreamcast but you can’t hook in new players on nostalgia alone. There’s tons of younger players that have never even heard of the series but that’s money to be spent.

Make the changes that actually matter, that you can profit from. Nobody is going to look at these dumb restrictions and think “I always wanted less choice!” and spend money. They’re going to cut back or leave.

There’s just so much more that could be done right now that it’s frankly insulting that a company would waste precious time on this. You have players who can’t even log into the game.

@Milk Lets be clear, they aren't child characters, they are teens, and young adults, and only one character in episode 4 had that bondage outfit. Every outfit since seems tame by comparison. Even the outfit itself is tame when you compare it to what sixteen year old girls are allowed to wear by their parents permission in real life. That said, yeah, they focused on trivial crap like this, and then told their developers that it was priority over fixing real issues. This game shouldn't be having the practical issues that it does. It should download/update, and run as smooth as some other online games out there, at the very least. Console works well enough, but PC is issue after issue.

@Anarchy-Marine

I don’t know about you but my parents would never let me out of the house wearing that bondage getup Kohri was wearing when I was that age. I put child because in the states she legally wouldn’t be an adult, according to the UNCRC , you’re legally a child until eighteen(there’s no teen category, though yes she’s a teen). I’m not up in arms about it, I really don’t care but I find it hypocritical they censor stuff for us but that stays. It’s a mixed message, at this point I have no idea what their angle is.

So, I changed my auxiliary's personality to, I forgot if it was upbeat or something else, but they stopped calling me "handler" so far, thankfully. Not a solid solution to the problem, but at least I got one less calling me that.

@ZarexWolf Yeah, upbeat only calls you by name.

@Weirdo Seriously? Well, hopefully that changes in the future, if it can.

@ZarexWolf Upbeat talks to you like a friend. I like how it is since it makes our bond feel stronger, like we are equals.